Camp Wannalottaplat

Games are games; enjoy it Toggie Sensei!

Spoiler

This past twenty minutes in Dragon Age Inquisition on the nightmare difficulty level in Emprise du Lion the last dragon tries.
Finally where Vivienne; Blackwall and my inquisitor to were only Iron Bull was still alive and the dragon had five percent of his lifeline I could defeat him.
But because the one item unfortunately revived my Inquisior and well ... a bad Graif Bug was triggered by it; even when the cop died ... I unfortunately had to close the game and restart because the bug was also found in the pause menu.
And well then I would then get ready because at half past six in the morning I had to go to work ...

(my gaming is going horrible today morning Story..)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I wouldn't venture outside of PS3/4/Vita... so it sounds like it might be Celceta --> Dana --> Origins....... ?

Yeah, but you may want to consider looking at the PSP ones as well since they are all available digitally and would play on a Vita.  On PSP you can get Oath, Seven, Ark, and I+II.  Ark's PSP port isn't the best, but it's playable and if that's the only version available to you it's worth grabbing.  If you grab the PSP versions, toss in I and II anywhere before Origin and after Celceta.   Timeline wise the games take place in this order: Origin---(700 years later)--->I+II--->Celceta--->Oath--->V--->Dana--->Ark--->Seven.  However outside of II, none are direct sequels in the sense of you need to know what happens to understand the current plot.  Every game except II has a self-contained plot that tells you what you need to know to understand that game with random little easter eggs and references to other games.  It is technically possible to understand Origin just fine without I and II, it's just recommended to play I and II first because Origin assumes you have.

Though one thing to keep in mind is that the PC versions can play on about anything capable of running at least Windows XP.  They have seriously low spec requirements and my 10 year old dinosaur laptop can run them.  If you end up enjoying the series, it can be worth it to consider grabbing those instead of the PSP versions.  Pretty much the only one not as readily available is V, and that starts dipping into methods that probably are against the forum rules to mention since it's Japanese only and has a fan translation.  But many of us fans suspect Falcom's next project is going to be a remake of V.  I just give both sides on my recs because I get asked this by people playing on both platforms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I think you guys worry too much about finding perfect matches for a category. It just needs to kind of fit. You basically just need to have a game that is not completely bereft of the category at hand. I mean I do want you to match it up as best you can. However, ultimately, I want you to be able to play things you are interested in and not have to buy games to find something that works. 

Thanks Toogie. I think everyone just wants to make sure we stick to the spirit of your event. It is a unique event and it is more fun to stick to the rules but I'm glad that Fe makes the cut!

• Like 1

Well, finally have an update at long last and it's done and dusted so I will be hiding under the bunks of Cabin #1 until camp ends and never coming back again. To the forums that is, I'll only post to update my trophy checklist and that's it. I won't be playing any more games for this event as a lot of people hate me now and me and Toogie conversed over it and he agrees I should just lay low and avoid physical contact with any other campers ever again. I am so sorry if I upset everyone but I am an idiot and deserve to be hated on. I learned my lesson, keep your nose clean, your head down, and do not say anything to anyone for fear of pissing people off. :( I am going into permanent lurker status as of today so you never have to fear me popping up and saying hi to you guys. :P

Anyways, here are the games I completed for the event:

1M80948f.png
Hang Out At The Lake: Old Man's Journey. Great artsy game about an old man going to visit his dying daughter.

1Mfb2df7.png
Make Friends(yeah, like I could ever do that :(): Ni no Kuni II Revenant Kingdom. A really awesome RPG story.

1Md91ad4.png
Get Tested: Teslagrad, because my gawd I was cussing like a sailor most of the time! The puzzles are piss-hard!

Also...

1M4ee431.png
Bonus Game - Summer Vacation: Reverie, because traveling to a New Zealand island and saving it from vengeful ghosts is just summer in a bottle. :)

This was a good event. Good luck on everyone else's journey! ^_^

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

me and Toogie conversed over it and he agrees I should just lay low and avoid physical contact with any other campers ever again. I am so sorry if I upset everyone but I am an idiot and deserve to be hated on.

Fare thee well Squid. I didnt put it quite like you stated, but I do think its smart to take a break and take some time to reflect on the past. I dont think you offended or upset everyone, but I do recognize there is enough that you have a hard time posting anything, inconspicuous or not. I think it wise to stop poking the bear and let it go back to sleep before venturing back into the metaphorical cave. I really do wish the best for you and believe my advice to be to your benefit. 

Edited by Toogie53

58 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Fare thee well Squid. I didnt put it quite like you stated, but I do think its smart to take a break and take some time to reflect on the past. I dont think you offended or upset everyone, but I do recognize there is enough that you have a hard time posting anything, inconspicuous or not. I think it wise to stop poking the bear and let it go back to sleep before venturing back into the metaphorical cave. I really do wish the best for you and believe my advice to be to your benefit.

Thanks. I have a bad mental deficiency so I don't really learn from my mistakes, but getting away from these forums for a while at the least is always a good idea. In two or three years, people forget you exist or why you left. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Funny... you told me it was a weird girly game. :lol:

He is obviously to shy to mention the numerous shower scenes, breast groping and girl on girl naked wrestling. That is what Blue Reflection is really all about. The demons were just filler content.

4 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

Thanks. I have a bad mental deficiency so I don't really learn from my mistakes, but getting away from these forums for a while at the least is always a good idea. In two or three years, people forget you exist or why you left. ;)

Oh don’t go to far I quite enjoyed your game posts, and as for pissing people off well who cares. It is quite amusing, to be honest you can’t take most of these people seriously anyway. 

Look forward to your next reinvention until then take care dude.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Thanks Toogie. I think everyone just wants to make sure we stick to the spirit of your event. It is a unique event and it is more fun to stick to the rules but I'm glad that Fe makes the cut!

If all would go as @Toogie53 likes it we all should have chosen a title with a bow to shoot for Shoot Something :P:D but yeah besides that else seems good :)

------------------------------------

I started up Bioshock 2 because either Rage or Fifa will take longer to get the Plat and just as i have a really hard sequence in Rage (Mutant Bash TV), early in Bioshock 2 is a bossfight i lost 10 times yesterday :(  only when i found a room with a flooded ground i could electrocute the boss to make enough damage and finally survived him :D ... And i unlocked one trophy already, a little easter egg paying my respect to the Founder of Rapture :)

Bioshock 2: 90%

20 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I've played every game in the series and Origin remains one of my favorites.  It's a bit lighter in the story and much more gameplay focused but it is a good story.  However, the story is very heavily related to the story in I and II and will spoil some elements of I and II if you haven't played them. Origin story and gameplay wise is a lot more like Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim, if you've played those, where the story is good, but it mostly exists to take you to the next area for more gameplay.  It's also going to be the hardest plat in the series on PSN.

I haven't played any Ys games besides Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana, but I'd like to play them all at some point. Thanks for the info about Origin.

19 hours ago, Inuty said:

It´s a Long time ago I played Origin so I hope I don´t give you incorrect Information. This was the first Ys I played but I don´t think this was an issue. This is the only game of the the Ys games I played that you don´t Play as Adol. So storywise you don´t miss anything or Need other Background Information. You have the choice between 2 an after that 1 additional character to select from the start. So no switching of characters here in this game. 1 playthrough is with one character and the occuring Events in the game are changíng depending on that. Sadly the layout of the Tower will stay the same and the Monster also. Bosses are a bit different but not all. So if you don´t mind Play some passages again the game is absolutly fine. But as someone who has already finish the other games I guess you will have an enjoyable time with this game.

Good to know about the characters.

19 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I wouldn't venture outside of PS3/4/Vita... so it sounds like it might be Celceta --> Dana --> Origins....... ?

As someone who started with Celceta, that's a good order to play them. Dana improves a lot of things from Celceta and has some subtle references to that game, so definitely play Celceta first.

13 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Celceta is one of the best Vita games I have played would recommend, some old Dragon wrote a pretty decent guide from memory.

367 years isn't old.... :ninja: .

10 hours ago, Koromaru said:

Games are games; enjoy it Toggie Sensei!

Hide contents

This past twenty minutes in Dragon Age Inquisition on the nightmare difficulty level in Emprise du Lion the last dragon tries.
Finally where Vivienne; Blackwall and my inquisitor to were only Iron Bull was still alive and the dragon had five percent of his lifeline I could defeat him.
But because the one item unfortunately revived my Inquisior and well ... a bad Graif Bug was triggered by it; even when the cop died ... I unfortunately had to close the game and restart because the bug was also found in the pause menu.
And well then I would then get ready because at half past six in the morning I had to go to work ...

(my gaming is going horrible today morning Story..)

Are you talking about the bug where killing the dragon doesn't count towards the trophy, even though the in-game counter goes up or is it something else?

Update:
Finished Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Don't really like this game. It had some redeeming qualities, but would have been something that I'd have discarded if I didn't care about trophy completion (or this event).
But that's Plat #49. Now only my #50 milestone, Atelier Rorona! Which is the best Atelier game that I've ever played. Already have the Plus version done, which honestly is a much easier pat than the original version that I'm playing now.
Anyone who has played both might think I"m crazy to say that... but I think the fact that you don't have to bother with save management for the multiple endings in the Plus version makes it easier (and the NG+ carry-overs are also way better in Plus). The new content in Plus is challenging, but very doable... much prefer to fight super bosses than remember than Save State #4 is for Ending A and Save State 6 is for Ending C and Save State 2 is for Ending F.....

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

Finished Farming Sim last night; that makes three of my main picks finished. Just need to knock out my bonus now! I almost feel like I should remove Oxenfree though and save it for the next event or something.. I've been trying to avoid anything that could relate to Halloween so I can build up a list super early and just focus on some of my other backlogged games in the meantime. 

• Like 2

I'm making some progress in Atelier Sophie, but since I can't play as much as I want to, it's a very slow progression :( I'm combining this with the Days Of Play competition, though, so I try to get at least one trophy per day. 

Most recent trophy:

3L3994e0.png

The project failed!? 
The plan to transform Plachta into a human girl fell through.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by Atelier Sophie because there's definitely something missing without the strict time limit from the previous games. Game felt a bit pointless so far.  

7 minutes ago, Izul said:

I'm making some progress in Atelier Sophie, but since I can't play as much as I want to, it's a very slow progression :( I'm combining this with the Days Of Play competition, though, so I try to get at least one trophy per day. 

Most recent trophy:

3L3994e0.png

The project failed!? 
The plan to transform Plachta into a human girl fell through.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by Atelier Sophie because there's definitely something missing without the strict time limit from the previous games. Game felt a bit pointless so far.  

This was the first Atelier game I've played, so was glad there was no time limit.

Also the result of that attempt was hilarious :lol: .

• Like 1

Finally able to say I got some runs on the board. Knocked out the plat for Far Cry 3 this evening. I'm a big fan of the series in general and it was great fun to go back to the island. Also managed to sync it up so the last trophy was finishing the story. I like to do that when I can as it avoids my last taste if a game being a grind. 

I'll probably go onto either Forma8 or beyond two souls tomorrow but we will see :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Finally able to say I got some runs on the board. Knocked out the plat for Far Cry 3 this evening. I'm a big fan of the series in general and it was great fun to go back to the island. Also managed to sync it up so the last trophy was finishing the story. I like to do that when I can as it avoids my last taste if a game being a grind. 

I'll probably go onto either Forma8 or beyond two souls tomorrow but we will see :)

Ewww, Forma8. Best of luck with that, aside from the graphics the game doesn't have any redeeming factors.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Congrats on the plat! 

Forma.8 is really bad, I would go with Beyond Two Souls. 

• Like 1

OK Guys. I'm hopping in and doing updates. I'll update everything as it currently stands and then go through the last couple of pages and catch up on changes to game lists. I think the last thing I updated previously was @Howling-Lady's God of War plat at the top of page #69. So if your stuff is after that point, give it a little time. 

Some time has passed since my last post here. sadly I didn't find any time for my chosen games *sigh* 

But my prof finally announced my results today and it seems like I won't have any of 'em exams for the next freakin 4 1/2 months. so yeah, I have time for games now :yay:

Cuz I'll have way more spare time than I could handle, I decided to expand my list here to the max. 

Basically I re-categorized my list so I can put as many games as possible in there.

New list

Spoiler

Make Friends - Oxenfree

Hang out at the Lake - Spintires: MudRunner

Play a Sport - WRC 5 (PS3 Version)

Go Hiking - The Banner Saga

Shoot Something - Alienation

Make Something - Dark Souls Remastered

Learn Something - Demon's Souls (EU Version)

Put on a Show - Invector

Tell a Ghost Story - Until Dawn

Get Tested - Thumper

Be a Hermit - Day of the Tentacle Remastered @eigen-spaceThx for the advice!

Survive - I AM ALIVE

Bonus - Life is Strange (PS3 Version)

TL;DR @Toogie53

Spoiler

Add:

- Invector

- Thumper

- Alienation

- Spintires: MudRunner

- WRC 5 (PS3 Version)

- Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Remove:

- Gal Gun Double Peace (There's just no way I play this)

Last update for my list. Sorry for the extra work :/

I hope I used the spoilers correctly. Never done that before?

Also big shout-out to Toggie for putting all his work in this event so far.

• Like 3