Camp Wannalottaplat

One trophy away from my second platinum for Cabin #9, Borderlands! And of course, it's an online one ? Hopefully someone responds to my Game Session post soon because after six years, I'm ready for that platinum!

Also, that's exactly the kind of face I would hope that cat would make for such a wonderfully awful pun. Just the deepest deadpan haha

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

One trophy away from my second platinum for Cabin #9, Borderlands! And of course, it's an online one 1f605.png Hopefully someone responds to my Game Session post soon because after six years, I'm ready for that platinum!

Also, that's exactly the kind of face I would hope that cat would make for such a wonderfully awful pun. Just the deepest deadpan haha

Apparently I do have the trophy you're missing atm. Even tho I can't recall playing this game online at all. But if I can help a fellow #9 mate, I'd be glad to do so.

I have no save data, but I could create a new char real quick, don't know the conditions tho :)

Edited by Sardavanua
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sardavanua said:

Apparently I do have the trophy your missing atm. Even tho I can't recall playing this game online at all. But if I can help a fellow #9 mate, I'd be glad to do so.

I have no save data, but I could create a new char real quick, don't know the conditions tho :)

You're incredible, and I appreciate you greatly! It seems like as long as we're in the game lobby together that should be enough. If you'd like, I'll create a lobby and invite you to it since I already have the game open, but mind if I send you a friend request? Looks like I can only invite friends to join the session.

1S3e0740.png

:platinum: Borderlands

The most righteous shout-out to you @Sardavanua for your help! Another plat for Cabin #9! And despite having to play the first hour or so of the game three times in the last two in a half days, if they did actually end up remastering it for the PS4, I would totally play it. 

Trophies earned from the event: 

:platinum: 2   :gold: 5   :silver: 7   :bronze: 31

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

The most righteous shout-out to you @Sardavanua for your help! Another plat for Cabin #9! And despite having to play the first hour or so of the game three times in the last two in a half days, if they did actually end up remastering it for the PS4, I would totally play it. 

Woohoo! Congrats! I should try to install it and get that trophy at least out of the way. As far as a remaster, they said they aren't going to. If they were able to remaster/port, their guy said it would already have been in the handsome collection. Not because they don't want to, but because of how the game was written and what engine it is on etc. The guy was saying they'd have to do a complete remake of it.  After that realization, it was decided they'd never remaster it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Woohoo! Congrats! I should try to install it and get that trophy at least out of the way. As far as a remaster, they said they aren't going to. If they were able to remaster/port, their guy said it would already have been in the handsome collection. Not because they don't want to, but because of how the game was written and what engine it is on etc. The guy was saying they'd have to do a complete remake of it.  After that realization, it was decided they'd never remaster it. 

It makes a lot of sense, it's not worth porting/remastering if it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Hopefully instead they're working on a third game! A girl can dream anyway.

And it's worth knocking out, especially since it's the only trophy that has to be earned through the online, everything else can be done with a friend or a second controller! I remember there being a scare that the servers had shut down, but with a bunch of servers going down so far this summer I'd say it's best not to wait especially since you don't even have to get into a game with the other person, you just have to be in the same lobby?

• Like 1

Last update for the next 7 days, cuz I'm going on vaca *Yay*

Got the WRC 5 plat today. That's :platinum:#4 

Also played some Alienation and killed of my HC character:facepalm:

@Toogie53 If you ever need help with the Borderlands trophy let us know. I'd help ya out anytime and I'm certain Yen-Pop wouldn't mind aswell.

@Cabin#9 I expect nothing less than a 100% completion ratio (my games included) when I'm back. Don't hide my mattress and don't ransack my secret cookie stash, pretty please.

Happy camping @everyone 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Last update for the next 7 days, cuz I'm going on vaca *Yay*

Got the WRC 5 plat today. That's :platinum:#4 

Also played some Alienation and killed of my HC character:facepalm:

@Toogie53 If you ever need help with the Borderlands trophy let us know. I'd help ya out anytime and I'm certain Yen-Pop wouldn't mind aswell.

@Cabin#9 I expect nothing less than a 100% completion ratio (my games included) when I'm back. Don't hide my mattress and don't ransack my secret cookie stash, pretty please.

Happy camping @everyone 

Enjoy your vaca!!!

Finished my bonus game!

I have to take Oxenfree off my list and stick with what I've finished. Would you kindly remove it when you get the chance @Toogie53? See wht I did there? Lol. :P 

I kind of want to save it for another event PLUS I have a job interview tomorrow for a full time position that's closer to home. So with that said, if I get it (which I hope I do), I won't have tons of time to add to my list for this event. Sorry cabin 1! I have to see how everything pans out before I jump the gun on anything for the next couple weeks. Just wish me luck!✌️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xMissFantasy said:

Finished my bonus game!

I have to take Oxenfree off my list and stick with what I've finished. Would you kindly remove it when you get the chance @Toogie53? See wht I did there? Lol. :P 

I kind of want to save it for another event PLUS I have a job interview tomorrow for a full time position that's closer to home. So with that said, if I get it (which I hope I do), I won't have tons of time to add to my list for this event. Sorry cabin 1! I have to see how everything pans out before I jump the gun on anything for the next couple weeks. Just wish me luck!270c.png

Best of Luck @xMissFantasy!! Im sure we will see you put more up before the summer is over though. ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Thanks donut! :) 

Hmm, probably haha. Gotta get situated with making more money! And hopefully not make the backlog grow even more insane. Wishful thinking though eh? 1f602.png

Definitely wishful thinking.  My backlog has grown a lot since I started getting my monthly bonuses.  I'm trying to cut that out and save up for a new laptop instead now though since my poor laptop is almost 5 years old now.  Saving that for once I finish moving though.

3 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Definitely wishful thinking.  My backlog has grown a lot since I started getting my monthly bonuses.  I'm trying to cut that out and save up for a new laptop instead now though since my poor laptop is almost 5 years old now.  Saving that for once I finish moving though.

That's what I did at first: saved up for a new laptop so, that's a good idea! (My old laptop was 10 years old sooo I totally understand.)

And we have the second game beaten!

After Being a Hermit I wanted to Go Hiking and after a disappointingly short hike, Last Rebellion has been defeated. Not the best game I've played by a long shot. Tried to use background plot and almost non-existent story line to tell the tale of the Blade and Sealer but it just did not do it for me.

Think I am going to settle in around the campfire and hope for a good ghost story next.

-It is amazing that together we have beaten 177 games! Awesome work everyone!- 

• Like 1

So far, I've completed two playthroughs of Bound, and one of the level speedruns. Seems like it may be doable, at this point. That no death trophy may be the worst for me, as I seem to fall through things I land on for no apparent reason.. But it's a pretty and relaxing game (unless you go for these speedrun trophies). And also super short. Only 6 levels that take less than 10 minutes each, once you know where to go. 

@Kristycism Seems you're roughly at about the same spot as me. What do you think?

Another for cabin #6, I platted Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Short game but enjoyable and easy to do. And the collector mode is great. The part of the play was by far my favorite part of the game.

I’m closing in on the Bloodborne plat, but the Watchdog of the Old Lords in the defiled chalice kicked my butt. The keeper in layer 1 took me a few tries but I was making progress. I barely seem to get any hits on watchdog before dying. I got impatient towards the end and had some dumb deaths so I’ll try again tomorrow and hopefully be able to take it slow. Though I might need to summon some help, the old hunter outside was useful but doesn’t last long. 

I’ve also made some progress on my dai nightmare playthrough, but I still haven’t reached skyhold so there’s quite a bit to go. Depending on how much side content I do, I should be able to finish it before June ends. I want to spent the July on KH2. For the moment CoM is on pause. I made it to the second set of worlds and started wonderland at lv24. I’ll be slowlong grinding levels in other worlds before attempting the wonderland boss. 

• Like 1

@Howling-Lady The defiled chalice was the hardest part of the game for me. The watchdog was hard and amygdala was worse. I'd be willing to help, but I lost my save from my platinum run. I have the character I did the DLC with, but if I remember right I have to be in the defiled chalice myself to join you there. If I am wrong let me know. If you have a super hard time finding help and cant advance, let me know. I'd definitely consider doing the chalices with the dlc guy.  it woild likely take a few days for me to get to defiled chalice again.

Edited by Toogie53

15 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Absolutely, I beat the first game with no tank other than an assassin thanks to Cross Fix, it was great fun - I take it that doesn't work so well this time around?

Cross Fix only lasts 1 turn in DG2 instead of 3, which is disappointing. I got rid of the Assassin class and gave the Gazer a Cross Fix artefact, since his luck stat was almost as high. Now I only use it at the start of a post-game DLC boss if the Gazer starts the fight while hidden. With a high enough agility and luck it could be possible to use Cross Fix, then use the next turn to hide again while the boss is sealed, then use Cross Fix again, but this means another character will be unavailable since a tank/Paladin is definitely needed.

15 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I've been feline a but more furry for the past two days. I was having a pawsome time reading cat puns and saving kittens in Cat Quest. Let meow tell you sumfin'. This game is a furry good ti... Ack! *cough* *cough* Sorry.. hairball. I think it's out of my system now.Untitled.png Long story short, I have the platinum for Cat Quest now. I was just playing it on the side, so its not actually one of my event games. I think it's cute and fun, and when talking about it, cat puns are mandatory; also mandatory are cat pics, if you got them. I've posted this pic of my cat before. However, this time, I finally was inspired to think of a pun and turn it into a meme picture. It's not my best work, but here it is.

Nice, congrats :yay: . The game has been on sale in the EU store and I got it recently too.

• Like 1

L827e0a.png

Completed my first game for this event! If somebody played Life is Strange (and liked it) but somehow didnt yet play Before the Storm, do yourself a favor and get to it, it really is worth it!

Lba8c60.png

Really close to the Platinum now. Only a few endings left (4 or 5), although its a real slog, you essentially play the same handful of levels again and again, only in a different order and combination each time, and the worst part is, you cant skip most of the cutscenes which about doubles the time it takes - at least it feels like it... After getting all the endings, i only have the grind to max level left which hopefully will be a rather short one...

L95fb63.png

Just started this one, but its a telltale game with only three episodes, so should be a quick one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fidel said:

So far, I've completed two playthroughs of Bound, and one of the level speedruns. Seems like it may be doable, at this point. That no death trophy may be the worst for me, as I seem to fall through things I land on for no apparent reason.. But it's a pretty and relaxing game (unless you go for these speedrun trophies). And also super short. Only 6 levels that take less than 10 minutes each, once you know where to go. 

@Kristycism Seems you're roughly at about the same spot as me. What do you think?

Yeah, pretty much the same thoughts as you. There's some awkward geometry at places, where you fall through the floor for no reason, or where the floor decides it's now a wall and the camera flips and you fall. But once you're used to each area it's easy to get through with minimal deaths I think. Dunno about not having edge guard though, that's probably saved me loads of times.

I actually only had 6-7 deaths on my first run (would've been a lot more though without edge guard most likely), which took 1h 49m apparently, and that was a lot of standing still wondering where on earth to go. So the speedruns I think will be okay once you know the quicker paths.

The 100% speedrun might be awful though. So far I haven't bothered with the mosaic runs - my plan is just to do the speedruns for each level then an overall speedrun once I know the paths, rather than learn the collectible path then have to go back to a different speedrun path and forget the collectible path - but with a video guide the individual levels will be fine. Speedrun might be a different story trying not to miss a single one...

• Like 1