Camp Wannalottaplat

13 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@xMissFantasy I got you updated. No worries about not going for the glory and getting a bunch of games done. Real life should be put first. Good luck with your interview. 

Thank you! Depending on how things go (and if I have the time), I may add another game back. There is still plenty of event time; I just don't know what's going to happen with either job quite yet. 

@Howling-Lady I could also help if you need it. My defiled chalice dungeon is complete and I never restarted it so, I should be able to get there fairly easily. 

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Yeah, pretty much the same thoughts as you. There's some awkward geometry at places, where you fall through the floor for no reason, or where the floor decides it's now a wall and the camera flips and you fall. But once you're used to each area it's easy to get through with minimal deaths I think. Dunno about not having edge guard though, that's probably saved me loads of times.

I actually only had 6-7 deaths on my first run (would've been a lot more though without edge guard most likely), which took 1h 49m apparently, and that was a lot of standing still wondering where on earth to go. So the speedruns I think will be okay once you know the quicker paths.

The 100% speedrun might be awful though. So far I haven't bothered with the mosaic runs - my plan is just to do the speedruns for each level then an overall speedrun once I know the paths, rather than learn the collectible path then have to go back to a different speedrun path and forget the collectible path - but with a video guide the individual levels will be fine. Speedrun might be a different story trying not to miss a single one...

I'm not sure how many falls I had on my first run, but I seem to jump to my death a lot. Lol. Losing edge guard will make it even more difficult. My second run was a little under an hour and 25 minutes, so time probably won't be too much of an issue, once I know all the fastest routes (I can complete the first level far faster than the video guide already). 

I do agree about the 100% run possibly being a pain, though. Very easy to miss one of these smaller shards, which I did on my first attempt.. Just going to do what the guide suggests, and leave those 3 gold trophies for last. Hopefully, by then, I'll know the levels fairly well. 

• Like 1

@donut_plz Thanks for assuming the role of cabin updater for the bottom few cabins! I just wanted to let you know that I'm playing the Vita version of Pic-a-Pix Color. I'm still making friends though! My four year old son is sitting on my lap 'helping' me put the puzzles together. He actually wasn't too bad at the 5X5 puzzles, but the 10X10's are a bit of a struggle. He's having fun trying to guess the picture though :) Thanks!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fidel said:

I'm not sure how many falls I had on my first run, but I seem to jump to my death a lot. Lol. Losing edge guard will make it even more difficult. My second run was a little under an hour and 25 minutes, so time probably won't be too much of an issue, once I know all the fastest routes (I can complete the first level far faster than the video guide already). 

I do agree about the 100% run possibly being a pain, though. Very easy to miss one of these smaller shards, which I did on my first attempt.. Just going to do what the guide suggests, and leave those 3 gold trophies for last. Hopefully, by then, I'll know the levels fairly well. 

Hahaha, I was very slow and careful on my first run, so I didn't fall too much as I was moving so slowly through the level and taking my time with every jump xD Speedruns are another story though, I've been dying non-stop, falling in every way imaginable, mostly from jumps where visually I think I've landed but the game disagrees :P

I've only tried three of the levels so far (gonna just do 1-2 per day rather than stress myself out doing them all at once), but they were all doable with practice. I even died a few times on Shout and Steam and still made it with time to spare, so it really is a case of knowing good routes to take. I've been using this guy's videos as references, if it helps you at all. The routes he takes leave a huge margin for error, which is handy. There are some tricky jumps in his routes, but they all just take practice to get right.

And yeah, I'll also be leaving the 100% run and no deaths for last. At least that way we'll get 70-80% completion even without those awful runs xD

---

Also congrats on getting the job @xMissFantasy

• Like 2

Update as I have gotten good process in LEGO The Incredibles:

Ahem, Finished the story, Cleaned up all districts, got all Red Bricks and other Pixar Characters (I liked Woody, Sully and Lighting McQueen) but miss the ``i`` in Pixar.

Now It`s time for Collect them all!

• Like 1

@Kristycism Those are some crazy techniques. Lol. I just completed Shout, so am down to 3. But the Trees level is the one I'm really having trouble with.. The video for that one in your link unfortunately ends up doing the same thing as every other one I've looked at. I'm fine until I get to those pillars you have to sideways jump around.

@xMissFantasy Congrats on the job!

• Like 1

Finally beat the whole game on Nightmare.. yes at the beginning it was a hard struggle…. and then all foes are knocked down like flies...

Just have a bounch of collectibles but i feal the Platinum Trophy is near..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, igs63 said:

I knew June would be a busy month for me- but I just got started on my games. Started popping the rest of my Tomb Raider trophies, and also got my first plat - The Inpatient :)

Congrats, I keep putting off The Inpatient but I really want to do it. Did you enjoy it ?

4 hours ago, Izul said:

Yay, my first accomplishment for Cabin #5! 

1L2fa00d.png

Platinum of Atelier Sophie! <3 Took a while since I couldn't play much, but it was a relaxing Atelier platinum :kiss:

Congrats, glad to see someone in Cabin 5 is doing something ?

Witha  little help from CJ I have picked up Blue Reflection, will download it tonight and spend some time on it over the weekend. It comes with praise from him and Eigen so interested to see how it goes

Also @Toogie53 Can i please sub out KH2 for KH1 on my list

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 1

Cabin 9 update #4: Got my third platinum for the event: Life is Strange Before the Storm!  I liked it a lot but I felt it wasn't as strong as the first game.  Still worth playing though.  Currently on Chapter 10 of FFXV as well (50% done with the trophies).  Should wrap that one up in the next week or so (hopefully).

• Like 2