What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

• 9 months later...

I have to give love to a franchise that I discovered thanks to a sale and see barely any discussion about otherwise.

Beholder: Complete Edition (1,640 owners)

Lec3386.png

Beholder 2 (193 owners)

spacer.pngspacer.pngL085e7b.png

I am stunned by how much of a completely different "vibe" these games offered from the norm of what you see on PS4. Imagine living in a dystopian cold-war society where you are being used as a tool by the government. The 1st game you play as an apartment manager who has to spy on your residents and carry our certain tasks. In the 2nd, you work directly within the ministry as a cog in the beast of the machine that is this albatross government. I think the 2nd game expanded wonderfully on the overall lore and narrative and that would be my recommendation if you could only play one of these games. My one warning would be: the gameplay in either game isn't great. You're here for game atmosphere, story, and general "vibe" above all else. 100% check them out if they even mildly intrigue you as they can each be picked up on sales for around $5.  

• Like 2

Any of the licensed Kamen Rider games (Battride War, Climax Heroes, Scramble, the upcoming Memory of Heroez, etc). Most of them aren't popular around here due to the limited exposure of Rider to an English speaking audience and most of the PS3 games are listed in the database under their JP titles. A mix of simplistic fighting game and babies first musou.

5 hours ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Necrodancer

Under 5K owners, friend, under. :D

• Like 1

Ghost Blade HD it's a scump game it's not that difficult it's simple it's only a 4/10 platinum difficulty rating on ps3 trophies.org just make sure you have two controllers for one of the trophies and use a video guide for one of the trophies if your having trouble.

Edited by Megatritionsts

4 minutes ago, Vintage_Davis said:

Aggelos (692 owners)

A Wonder Boy kind of game (allegedly, I never played Wonder Boy). An enjoyable platformer action-RPG with an unconventional map. It has a platinum trophy.

Looks enjoyable sounds like a pretty decent game nice.

3 minutes ago, mariosF94 said:

The Last Door (EU-94 owners, NA-75 owners). An amazing game with a great story and a beautiful soundtrack.

Sounds like a great game I would love to give that game a try one of these days.

25 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

Dandara

It's really fun metroidvania.  It has a unique mechanic.  You hop around on walls to explore.  And the music is real good.

Sounds like a game worth buying.

6 hours ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Necrodancer

Tough game but its worth a shot if you want a challenge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Lonely Mountains: Downhill, at less than 1000 counted players. It’s a really fun and relaxing mountain biking game filled with both peaceful ambience and high-speed thrills and challenges for those who seek it.

Awesome choice!!!!

On 12/3/2019 at 11:20 AM, AndyKazama said:

Sword and Fairy 6. Less than 200 owners here (well the version I own which is HK version)

Diamond in the rough. 

3L2194f3.png

Looks cool.

Very cool topic, never noticed it before.

Recently played The Wonderful 101: Remastered, it has less than 1000 players, and I gotta say I really loved playing it. It's a pretty unique game where you control a group of characters and you have to draw the shapes of the  weapons you want to use (similar to Okami, both made by Platinum), for example you draw a circle for a fist or line for a sword. The story is fairly simple but the characters and dialogue are pretty funny. I'm surprised it doesnt have more palyers but because the remaster was a Kickstarter project it might have flown under the radar.

And don't let the trophy rarity fool you, it's not that hard, it just requires you to follow a large collectible guide.

Edited by JavaNext
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CyrahOmega said:

Arcade Archives:

River City Ransom

Crash and the Boys Street Challenge

Double Dragon II - The Revenge

All Nintendo Classics

#retrogamer

Those are some great looking games I like to try one day great choice.

44 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Very cool topic, never noticed it before.

Recently played The Wonderful 101: Remastered, it has less than 1000 players, and I gotta say I really loved playing it. It's a pretty unique game where you control a group of characters and you have to draw the shapes of the  weapons you want to use (similar to Okami, both made by Platinum), for example you draw a circle for a fist or line for a sword. The story is fairly simple but the characters and dialogue are pretty funny. I'm surprised it doesnt have more palyers but because the remaster was a Kickstarter project it might have flown under the radar.

And don't let the trophy rarity fool you, it's not that hard, it just requires you to follow a large collectible guide.

Nice I really like what you choose I agree with you 100% those are some games that are definitely worth trying.

Number 1 game without a doubt is Pathologic 2. Absolutely stunning game that changed the way I view games completely and is just a joy and a nightmare in the best way. Possibly best writing in any game and less that 250 owners on here and I’m one of only 10 platinum achievers. This is absolutely criminal and you need to play it, the list really isn’t even that hard. But I’d recommend getting it on the PC if you have that option and don’t care about the trophies because the PS4 port is prone to crashing but that’s really the only critique I have of it. 

PGA Tour 2K21 is one of my favorite games released this year, just a great relaxing golf experience with some awesome challenge and stunning courses. 

Wattam, by the guys who made Nobu Nobu Boy and Katamari, is a super cute fun game where you recreate the world by blowing up your friends and making everyone a happy family. It’s a delight but has some frame rate issues late game. 

If you enjoy any kind of puzzle or mystery game Return of the Obra Dinn is a must play, same guy who made Papers, Please. You play an inspector tasked with identifying the fates of a couple hundred crew members of a ship that’s arrived at port empty and bloody. It’s worth the price of admission for the awesome set pieces and detective work. And the art style is really enrapturing 

• Like 1

Seconding Town of Light, Yoku's Island Express and The Sexy Brutale.

Kentucky Route Zero's now out on console but only has 318 owners so far. Really cool and gorgeous game with easy trophies.

Return of the Obra Dinn was fantastic, such a neat and unique concept and a short game with easy trophies too.

Gris is a beautiful puzzle game and I'm surprised it's had under 5k players. Ditto for The Gardens Between.

Minit is a super fun pixel game where you die every minute but it is far more fun and less stressful than that sounds. Also the trophy glitch has been fixed now so it's a relatively easy plat.

Finally, Tacoma was underrated and again, an easy plat for a good story.

• Like 3

I would definitely recommend Raging Loop ! I didn't know much about the game, but it was recommended to me by a great friend (Thank you @sunnydaleAlumni ? !) , and i had an amazing time playing it!

It was one of the best and most intriguing virtual novel games that i have played so far !

It's a mixture of comedy and (mostly) horror! :)

• Like 2

Hyper Light Drifter (Zelda-style action adventure RPG) 
The Messenger (Ninja Gaiden-like 2D action-platformer) 
Valfaris (Contra-like 2D action platformer) 
Aggelos (16-Bit 2D action-RPG) 
Blazing Chrome (Contra-like 2D run 'n' gun) 
Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption (Souls-like boss battler action-RPG) 
Flinthook (Fast action-platformer with “roguelike” elements) 
Jotun: Valhalla Edition (Action-exploration game set in Norse mythology) 

Edited by Cyberdyne-7
  • Like 4