What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

On 26/06/2018 at 9:49 PM, darkamdusias said:

L0629fc.png

I'd recommend Cosmic Star Heroine - as someone who grew up playing classic J-RPGs, I appreciated all the nods to Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger, and Suikoden scattered throughout the game. Here's hoping they make a sequel someday. 

Holy crap, CSH has less than 5000 owners?! 

I’ll second this then - that game is freakin’ aces!

I actually enjoy quite a lot of those smaller sized gamess. But here are a few favorites that a platinumed that have under 5000 owner.

Thimbleweed Park (EU) which has around 1500 owners if you combine both lists. Its an old school Point-and-Click Adventure by none other than Ron Gilbert of Lucas Arts fame. I recommend this to everyone that likes adventure games but it needs at least two playthroughs which is always...

Frozen Synapse Prime (Vita) it has 2078 owners and it is one of my favorite Vita games. It's a turn based strategy game with quite a uniqe look. It has Multiplayer trophies but i got them without too much hassle. And it takes quite a while to get through. It's also ultra rare so thats a plus.

Wheels of Aurelia (EU) Which together with the NA Version has around 4000 owners. It's a narrative driven racing/adventure game. It's not a great game, but a game i keep looking back quite fondly. 

Accounting + (PSVR) has around 3000 owners. Its a PSVR Game and that's probably why it has so few owners but it's an easy Platinum and its the most fun i had Playing VR so far.

On 6/26/2018 at 2:02 PM, Kristycism said:

Fe as well is a decent platformer, very relaxing and beautiful to play. Not as good as A Hat in Time, but nothing ever will be :P

This is my latest platinum and what motivated me to make this thread in the first place. I had never ever heard of it and it's an EA Original, got it on sale for $9.99 and was intrigued and I found it extremely delightful. Super glad this post took off and I'll be combing through the recommendations to find more hidden gems. 

Gem Smashers. Not going to lie, I originally picked this game up for the easy trophies, and wasn't expecting a good experience. However, I was quickly surprised at how fun this game ended up being. It's hard to explain honestly... Imagine Bubble Bobble but presented more in a board game way, including actual bosses and branching pathways depending on which character you choose to play. Can I ask why you are asking specifically for games under 5000 owners though?

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

I would like to take this chance to plug Pool Nation once again. It has 2.660 owners at the point of writing and it is one of my favourite digital only titles on the PS3. It has a couple of ultra rare trophies because it's not easy at all but it's a lot of fun and very rewarding. I rate it a lot higher than Hustle Kings which seems to be much more popular for some reason. You have to enjoy a game of pool of course, which I do ;)

(Now here's to hoping someone will buy this game so I might finally have someone to get the final online trophy with... Edit: I made a gaming session for it already, hint hint wink wink)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

On 28.6.2018 at 6:57 AM, Elvick_ said:

de Blob [PS4] - I always loved this game, has less than 700 here. Getting plat is a bit annoying, but it's funner than 2 imo.

Really? I thought it was a less interesting, dumbed down version of 2's gameplay. Why did you like it better?

Played 2 years ago and might be interested in playing 1. Back then only 2 existed on Sony consoles.

50 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Really? I thought it was a less interesting, dumbed down version of 2's gameplay. Why did you like it better?

Played 2 years ago and might be interested in playing 1. Back then only 2 existed on Sony consoles.

I thought 2 was a bit too bloated which dragged it down.

Want to add

•  Sir Eatsalot [Vita] - So far I'm really enjoying it.
Edited by Elvick_

On 6/28/2018 at 7:19 AM, rdhight said:

Hob (1,665 owners?!) From the makers of the Torchlight games. It takes the classic Zelda 1 formula and executes it deftly with no padding. I'm sad more people haven't played this.

Definitely my recommendation too. From what I can tell it is rather unique were you have to change the entire landscape, to a certain degree, of the world to solve puzzles and it has a really fun combat system. The only downside is that the game doesn't tell the story conventionally because there is no dialog at all, which is by design. And there are only very few NPCs to interact with, so all you learn about the world and the story itself is more or less guess work. This might be no big deal but it can be a bit unsatisfying.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:11 PM, eigen-space said:

All of these are so shocking that they are under 5k.....

Atelier Lydie & Suelle
The Nonary Games
Norn9: Var Commons
Yomawari: Night Alone

Whispering Willows (under 1k? wtf???)

Cat Quest

I agree with Whispering Willows.  It is a fantastic game.  Good on you for mentioning it.

Tiny metal was fun if you like the genre and a bit harder than some people thought according to the amount of questions i got on psnetwork lol.

Battlechasers was a surprisingly good old school RPG if only a bit light on the amount of story you got compared to others.

Death road to canada is really addictive once you get how the system works and whats important to survive.

Children of zodiarcs was also a good tactical rpg with deck building elements and dice crafting.

Tharsis is good boardgamelike kinda game themed on space traveling survival.

I have a lot of games with under 5,000 owners, here is the list of games I want to recommend:

1. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PS4) - A stealth-based real-time tactics game. If you are a fan of Commandos series, Desperado Dead or Alive, or Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, I highly recommend this game. Gameplay Trailer.

2. Sudden Strike 4 (PS4) - A RTS WWII game, all the campaigns are based on real life WWII battles. A must-buy game for a fan of war strategy games. Gameplay Trailer.

3. Bullet Girls 2 (Vita) - A third-person shooter game, I actually enjoy this series than Senran Karuga series. Unfortunately, the first two games are Japanese only; however, the upcoming Bullet Girls has Asia-English version in case anyone is interested in playing this series. Gameplay Video.

4. Asdivine Hearts (PS4/PS3/Vita) - A classic RPG from Kemco. Trailer.

5. Antiquia Lost (PS4/Vita) - Another classic RPG from Kemco. Trailer.

6. Revenant Saga (PS4/PS3/Vita) - Once again, another classic RPG from Kemco. Trailer.

7. Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3) - A tactical RPG as well as somewhat Visual Novel, good story and gameplay. Trailer.

8. School Girl/Zombie Hunter (PS4) - This game is similar as Onechanbara series. The game's setting is the same universe as well, but you use guns instead of katana/chain saw to kill the zombies. Gameplay Trailer.

9. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (PS4) - A historical strategy game, this is the latest game in the series. You can buy the expansion version on PS Store to access to addition game mode/feature as well as dlc trophies. Gameplay Video.

10. Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada (PS4) - Sanada clan is the primary clan in this game, it will tell you the story about the clan history as well as the "end" of "The Last Sengoku Hero" Sanada Yukimura. Trailer.

11. Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence ‑ Ascension (PS4) - A turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation game. This is the expansion of Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence which has some new mode/feature. The latest game Nobunaga's Ambition Taishi was released recently. Trailer.

12. Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match (PS4) - A game for Girls und Panzer anime and WWII tank fans. There are 3 versions, if you want to play this game in English, you need to buy the Southeast Asia version. Trailer.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 4

Reverie - Fantastic game, kind of like Earthbound meets Legend of Zelda.  It's not a very long game, but some of the puzzles in the dungeons make you think.  The story is actually decent and there is definitely humor in the game.

Sir Eatsalot - This game is only available on the Vita, but it's really colorful and the art style is awesome.  It uses some of the different Vita functions like the rear touch screen and the camera, it's fairly slow paced and sometimes can feel a little clunky, but it's still a decent experience.

Seasons After Fall - Another game that is gorgeous artistically.  It's cute and has an adorable story, with a bit of puzzle-platforming.

Valley - I believe this has been mentioned a couple of times already in the thread, but it really is an interesting experience.  The story is fascinating and the gameplay is definitely enjoyable.

The Sexy Brutale - This was an incredible mystery/puzzle game.  One of my favorite games that I have played.

Mary Skelter: Nightmares - This has been mentioned a lot throughout the thread, but I have to agree with the comments.  It is one of my favorite dungeon crawlers.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2018 at 11:06 AM, Leon Hasegawa said:

I have a lot of games with under 5,000 owners, here is the list of games I want to recommend:

1. Asdivine Hearts (PS4/PS3/Vita) - A classic RPG from Kemco. Trailer.

2. Antiquia Lost (PS4/Vita) - Another classic RPG from Kemco. Trailer.

3. Revenant Saga (PS4/PS3/Vita) - Once again, another classic RPG from Kemco. Trailer.

Don't forget Dragon Sinker, made by Kemco as well but it's 8 bit themed like a Dragon Quest NES game, also very good.

I'm going to throw in Steamworld Heist - On both vita and PS4 it has a very low owner count.  It's a really great turn based RPG with great characters, an ultra rare plat and a real challenge!  

Another is Bradman Cricket - I have the 2014 edition, but there is a 2017 one also.  If you are into sports games, give it a go!  If you are not from a cricket playing nation or have no idea, check it out anyway and you might just enjoy the game and the sport! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Another nomination from me!

Lbbc6a1.png

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition (5.6k Owners) - Technically has more than 5k owners but still within reach for it to qualify. It's a "racing" game in the sense that it has cars and sometimes you're trying to beat a timer but this is ALL about drifting. It will take a little while to learn the specific techniques but with a little bit of practice you'll get the hang of it. There are some seriously challenging benchmarks you have to reach and I'm surprised it has a 19.92% platinum rate since I found them very difficult but it is so satisfying once you complete it. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting to try something a bit out of their comfort zone the next time it goes on sale.