It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

34 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I Am Setsuna is a relatively painless plat, and it's only 20-30 hours for the plat.

As @Mesopithecus mentioned, Earthlock is also pretty quick. However, this is coming from my experience with Earthlock: Festival of Magic, which is no longer available in the PS store (though you may still be able to download it if you purchased it a while ago... they gave all owners of that version access to the new one too). They improved the game and re-released it as just Earthlock, which has a similar trophy list but it might take a little more grinding, so maybe 25-30 hrs instead of 20-25.

Great!! 

I was starting to get into the idea of ICO, but will probably leave it alone for now.. 

I actually was with my eye on I'm Setsuna when it was released, but never got it, and while checking the "I" games, I didn't saw it at all.. 

If it's 30 hours long, with 20-30 hours for Alice, and probably a similar time for the remaining 3-4 games, will probably be a close call for me.. Still the 3 words that I was thinking share 2 letters, so I will start with those.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Still since we don't need to reveal the word we are doing until the event start (nor name the games we will use), I will decide closer to the date, since my current priority is Shining Resonance, when I get that Plat setup, I will start setting up the games for this event. 

I will probably change up my 4-letter word and 5-letter word, I saw a newcomer that might be a more interesting set to platinum than the insane clickery of My Name is Mayo for an "M"-title. Also, was planning on Sly 2 plat but I've seen a trailer of that Shining Resonance game that's coming out and wonder if it is up my alley. It looks awful pretty but at my age and with my ugly looks, I know the cute girls won't be asking me out and I know that if they do, they want to enslave me in hell, and the same goes for video games, so I am wary about Shining Resonance. After watching a 4.5 hour Tales of Berseria any% speedrun, I realized that Tales series is just not my cup of tea. (I did complete the original Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube, but will never plat the collection because I hate multiple playthroughs unless they are wildly different.) :(

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I Am Setsuna is a relatively painless plat, and it's only 20-30 hours for the plat.

Walkthrough or it never happened. :P

Sorry, I just saw a speedrun of it and it looks really boring. But if you claim it's quick and painless, I might wait for a sale to buy it. Anything other than inFAMOUS Second Son(which I know pretty well) or InkSplosion. Actually, my new set of words has no "I" in them so it's a moot point whether I play this or not.

Edited by DragonQuest238

13 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Already have it :( (that's actually my only "E" platinum that I have) 

I was looking into Eiyuu Senki, but looks longer than Enslaved. 

And the worst is that the 2 main words that I'm wanting to make require an "E" (both don't require the "I", so it's not as problematic, my original idea did used the "I", that's why I gave up on it). 

Ah ok. Completely forgot about Eiyuu Senki.

12 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I plan on using an 'E' in my word and I'm looking at Everybody's Golf as my potential game. I've heard good things about it but that's another option for you!

IIRC the servers are closed for Everybody's Golf :hmm: .

9 hours ago, Jens said:

I just ordered M and S, so I guess I'm locked in. Mugen Souls and Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

:awesome:

But I'll keep them secret for now. At least until I'm certain about the rest besides Yakuza. Any suggestions for A? I was looking at Aer, I saw that one pop up on a lot of profiles lately, that's why it was in my head. And almost sure about the U as well, so we're getting there :P 

@Han_the_Dragon Enter the Gungeon would give you style points for sure. But I wouldn't recommend it as a fast and easy plat, it can be pretty stressful, but I just like these games a lot.

If you do that, you'll get a trophy for each of the LP threads :awesome: .

As for the letter A: Adventures of Mana is a fun plat and easy. I see you're also close to platting Assassin's Creed II, so that's another one.

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Well, there's no going back now.

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Icey

N.E.R.O.

Kingdom: New Lands

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

Lol :lol: .

• Like 1

I'd like to join the beehive and get started on learning to dance my name in bee-speech.

As of now, I'm torn between showing my  for Alpacasso and tossing all those As to the wind to go plan B with a plain and boring Amazon Box ? (as that is where I keep finding my granny cat these days, pfff), but I'm confident that I will have that figured out in due time. 

10 hours ago, eigen-space said:

As @Mesopithecus mentioned, Earthlock is also pretty quick. However, this is coming from my experience with Earthlock: Festival of Magic, which is no longer available in the PS store (though you may still be able to download it if you purchased it a while ago... they gave all owners of that version access to the new one too). They improved the game and re-released it as just Earthlock, which has a similar trophy list but it might take a little more grinding, so maybe 25-30 hrs instead of 20-25.

I played both versions of Earthlock but overall I would say that the new content doesn't add much playtime, but makes the playtime more enjoyable. Just checked my savegames and for the initial version I needed a bit more than 23 hours, whereas the revamped version took me 24.5 hours. But I have to admit that I looked up a few things via the guides on Trueachievements as some things can be hidden rather well (but also did the same for the original version).

I also noticed another thing while checking the game:

jOWDesV.png

Platted both versions exactly one year after another. xD 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jens said:

now I'm officially a PS4 boy

Welcome to the club! I too has gotten rid of my PS3 thinking the games were no longer worth it(and also because my PS3 can no longer complete Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time due to a cutscene freeze :() but I also have a Vita. Still, i rarely play it because I worry it'll die after two hours because I don't have a reliable means of keeping the battery charged. (I only have one USB cord, every other cord I had broke the socket off or bent it to unusability.) So most of the games I play are in my special office room in my little townhouse next to my computer.

Here are a few "A" game I can recommend:

• Aer: Memories of Old (it's really easy to get into and complete, there is no combat involved)
  • Abyss: Wraiths of Eden (if you like hidden-objects games; you do have to do a second playthrough for the mini-game that can replace some puzzles)
  • A Hat In Time (a really cute cartoony platformer but some of the trophies are tricky so you need to be a precise jumper sometimes, but really cool)

(Shoot me, Billy! I didn't think about Adventures of Man for an "A" title! I was thinking about how I was going to have an A in every word I used for my new lists! xD)

2 hours ago, Aze said:

Amazon Box 1f4e6.png (as that is where I keep finding my granny cat these days, pfff)

You have a granny cat? I have a cute little black kitty who just enjoys opening my desk and kitchen drawers. ?

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Well, there's no going back now.

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Icey

N.E.R.O.

Kingdom: New Lands

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

You know, this sort of event just invites the perverse crazy horny men out there... ;)

(This is not my real list, it's just what someone with a dirty mind would put down.)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Earthfall

X-BLADE: Code Embyro

This is just the 3-letter word, there are a on of 4-letter dirty words that would finagle themselves into this thread if Mayus didn't put a ban on them. (I'm not trying to deny freedom of writing or speech, but I think that we need to have a little less tolerance for profanity. I won't even  get into the P-words that a pervert would use for this thread because I think I have said enough on the subject.)

Still trying to work around the CAT theme. I was thinking of using KEY and BLADE (for Kingdom Hearts) but fell short when I realized I'd have to either use SORA(which is forbidden as it's a name) or WARS(which doesn't work because there is only one Keyblade War). So went back to CAT (because I am a crazy cat guy :))

Edited by DragonQuest238

13 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

@Kristycism AH thanks, that cleared it up for me. Just 1 more thing. Can i just name my word before the end of September in this thread? or do i have to choose a word beforehand?

Correct, you can earn letters and then just play a game of scrabble to make a word :) No need to pick a word until you're ready/the event ends, whichever is sooner :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

You know, this sort of event just invites the perverse crazy horny men out there... ;)

Well, I already knew I'd be playing a Y game, Icey (because it actually looks really good, in addition to being short), and the next Kingdom Hearts. It was either that or KITTY, and cats are kinda your thing.

If I felt it was possible to do both KH:CoM and KH2 during this event, I'd do that. (Or I guess I could just save the platinum for KH1 until after August 13...)

5 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Event sugestion: Allow games to be included that don't have a platinum, but 100% must be obtained instead.

The other events do that but then the arguing happens of "I have the plat but then I went for the 100% does that count" or "I earned all the main trophies but not the dlc does that count"

No, I have run many events in my day (back at the old site..and some here) and I wanted to stay completely clear of arguing because nothing ruins my love of events more than arguing about petty things. Earning the plat is nice and unambiguous. 

(not saying you were being petty...I just wanted to explain why I chose to not include 100% games).

47 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

I would like to present my choice of words as a gift to Mayus. Everyone knows how forward thinking the wonderful residents of the Land of Canadia are. Their progressive lifestyles, beautiful country, the Biebs, Queen Celine, even Avril Lavigne (who doesn't want a skater boi ). Not to mention their love and friendship of the United States. Two fabulous countries both like tots lucky to currently have two of the hottest men as Presidents seals this deal OMG IYKWIM PLZ TOTs Bae.

I offer up " Mayus Queer Yank Yak "  (5 word bonus / 5 word / 4 word / 3 word) Truly the must have accessory this season, they are simply devine. I hope you don't already have one darling.  

350ukrb.jpg

Where is the Bison :o or the Moose :o or the Geese...wait no fuck Geese, I hate fucking Geese :P

Also we need to up the Canadian Music in that list...let us start with some Arcade Fire :D

Also I am loving all the suggestions everyone :D Sorry, I have been kind of quiet here but I have been working 12 hour days the last couple of days and will be doing another 8 tomorrow and 12 the rest of the week ?

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Where is the Bison :o or the Moose :o or the Geese...wait no fuck Geese, I hate fucking Geese :P

Also we need to up the Canadian Music in that list...let us start with some Arcade Fire :D

Everyone knows the Moose was so 2017, now the Bison that is just silly I mean who is going to take a bison to a party, clearly they are an anti social beast. But this geese intrigues me. I could definitely see myself walking around with a handbag goose in 2019. Let's wait and see what Vogue  winter line says is hot or not.

Now as for your music recommendation it is trifling for sure. We popped it on this afternoon as we drove back from Antiquing. Would you believe we bought another set of spoons. I swear we must have almost 10,000 of them by now. Anyway you would never guess what popped on the radio after we relieved the player of your recommendation. Kinda ironic, who would of thought don't you think.....

Edited by cjshaitan

On 7/25/2018 at 8:44 AM, Edunstar84 said:

STARS

Star Ocean 5: Integrity & Faithlessness

Tales of Berseria

Agarest Generation of War 2/Asura's Wrath

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Steins;Gate 0 - 93% 

Steins;Gate 0 is prepped and ready. I left a few of the easier trophies and backed up my save. Working on Rise, but I think I'll start Tales of Berseria earlier than planned. 

**SIGH**

There's no way around. I've tried to think of all sorts of words, but every time I come back to the fact that every word I can think of involving cats has an "A" in it, so I might as well just accept it. :(

Not to say I don't have enough games starting with "A", but these words do not have any other vowel in them and I would have like an "O"-title at least. (I also have A Hat In Time on my account and will plat it; I was able to earn one of the worst trophies for me, the one involving avoiding being spotted by guards. It is terrible - you void the trophy and have to redo the level if they even get the ? over their heads and you get billed for harassment even though they didn't spot you. Now I have to "slit my wrists" in prep for No Time to Explain, which is probably going to be a nightmare in hell for me as I have to restart the level over and over and over again, and the time it takes to restart the level because of that infernal loading screen is HORRIBLE. Don't even ask me why I stayed up until 5:30 AM the night before last trying to beat that stupid twin cousin of Evil King Steve from OKAGE: Shadow King!!! TOUGHEST BOSS EVER. ?)

So, half and hour before I have to leave home to go to my weekly church service(I usually go to religion Saturday evening but unfortunately my transport had to go back entertained by old friends so there was no way for them to take me to mass that night so I have to get to bed early), here is the list I came up with:

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Abyss: Wraiths of Eden

Teslagrad

Catlateral Damage (placeholder until I can verify that Celeste's Assist Mode makes clearing 100% easy or not and worth paying $20 for it)

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Aer: Memories of Old

World of Final Fantasy

Secret of Mana

Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery

Adventures of Mana

Sly Cooper and the Theivius Raccoonus (Was going to say Sly 2 but the chances I'll plat this early are infinitesimal.)

Her Majesty's SPIFFING

(Yes, half of the games on this list are stupideasy games but since I have Secret of Mana(which I will buy for the PS4 because f*** the Vita version, it locked up my Vita four times and I had to actually reset the handheld!) and World of Final Fantasy and those games are going to BARELY get platinum even though I'll probably start playing them early to earn half of the trophies so I can focus on the grinding hell that will be World of Final Fantasy during the entire month of this event. That game is not a quick trophy list to complete. If I have to use Catlateral Damage as my second C, that adds more time to completion because f*** that game and the trophy requiring you to complete a level in under a minute and thirty seconds, you basically NEED to spawn a certain stage and pray you can get it down in time, because screw me, I have zero perception skills with this game. Don't play it for the trophies, please. You'll want to go hunt down the person who dreamed up this idea and murder them. I'm serious, as a trophy list, it is just THAT BAD. ??)

I'll have to buy a couple of the games online because, while I will get my SS check on Friday, I can't leave home for Gamestop then unless I get some way to get my folks to take me there that morning because they are going up North for family and vacation reasons for a full week. (But hey, they are over 66 years old and life is too short for them, so I won't deny them the chance to enjoy a few vacays before the Grim Reaper comes for them.) Still, I can't do that on the 2nd because my current money account is so lean that I only have enough money for maybe one more lean shopping trip. (I blame EA and KingsIsle for stealing my money for their stupid games, one which I will probably put on hiatus... AGAIN. I should just uninstall Wizard101 and Pirate101 and delete all trace of them from my computer so I don't get pulled back in. I want to platinum FFXIV and need my money for that. :()

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Steins;Gate 0 is prepped and ready. I left a few of the easier trophies and backed up my save. Working on Rise, but I think I'll start Tales of Berseria earlier than planned. 

You know, maybe it would be easier for me to get through this event if I treat it like the old Platinum Rain Days that Dragon had moderated and try to earn as many trophies for these games in the weeks ahead instead of holding them all off until the last minute. :P

Edited by DragonQuest238

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

**SIGH**

There's no way around. I've tried to think of all sorts of words, but every time I come back to the fact that every word I can think of involving cats has an "A" in it, so I might as well just accept it. :(

Have you tough of bigger cats? "Tiger"s have no "A"s.. (ya, I'm a" cat" person with a special liking for the bigger white cats..). ? 

Are you aiming at the 3 words? 

Actually the 1st word that I though of was "Tiger" but the "I" was killing the idea for me. .. Followed by "Dragon", but I dropped the idea of that when I saw that One Piece Unlimited World Red was 70+ hours and Odins Sphere is a bit long too.. So I decided to enter with "Angel", because "Persona" would be to much of a pain to get.. 

So, my entry will be something along the lines of:

Alice in Madness (or AC3 Liberation or Rogue.. But more likely Alice) 

Need For Speed Rivals (since I already have it started and shouldn't be so bad time wise, otherwise Nier Automata, but I don't want to trophy rush in this game) 

Gravel (hope that this will be delivered on time.. Will also have to boost some trophies, but will be easier than Guilty Gear or GT Sports that I have started lol) 

E... (the other headache.. Enslaved still looks like a good option and is in my collection, but I just learned that Earth's Dawn is somewhat similar to Odins Sphere and I should be able to get it for 8€, so I may use it)

LittleBigPlanet 3 (hope that it's not that hard.. I also hope to not need to boost, since I have access to 4 controllers, my other options would be Legacista, but it may end up being to long, or Legend of War, but when it was given in ps+, I tried it for a bit and didn't like it for some reason). 

I will also have a "T" game for backup (likely Tomb Raider Legend or Anniversary) to make a 3-4 word letter, if we are allowed to make a different letter then the one we are aiming at the start. 

And ya, I wasn't wanting to say what I was aiming at first mainly because I don't know if I can get the trophies in the amount of time that the event will last.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon