Perfect Profile

Matrim_Drasgen

30 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

If there were no trophies anymore and instead just a list of games you had played on your profile, would you be happy with that list?

If the answer to the question is Yes, then you have a perfect profile, regardless of 100% completion.

I doubt anyone would have multiple regions of the same game on their list at that point :D. No profile is prefect in regards to trophy content but someone can be perfectly satisfied with what they’ve done without worrying about other people’s opinions. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

I don't judge profiles, people can play what they want.
I was xbox last gen and didn't care about trophies/achievements until the end of its cycle so by the time i got a ps4 i started 100% everything i play from the very beginning so never encountered any unobtainable trophies thankfully.

If i'm alerted to an easy trophy game though i grab it and auto-pilot while i watch stuff 

6 minutes ago, mehdija22 said:

Well then i have PERFECT profile to...1f60b.png1f60b.png

197 games

100% completion 

159 ultra

Peace 1f596.png

Looking for attention like that but frankly your profile is just like any other typical completionist. 99% very easy platinums but the only good stat you have is completion and you’ve never done a difficult game to test if you can keep the completion rate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

My profile is perfect to me <3 

Honestly, I was a bit overwhelmed when I stumbled upon the first 100% profile with over 100 games. What games did the player hate? What games did they barely start? What games did they just complete the story in? There is so much story in an incomplete profile that I just don't find in a 100% one.

A lot of completionists don’t like games, there are just ways to keep games from syncing to the profile, then if they don’t like what they’ve got themselves into then they can delete the user and it’ll be like they never played the game at all. But the PS4 has made that more difficult when the online trophies sync immediately upon being unlocked, but the PS3 and vita are still fairly easy to leave unsynced. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Looking for attention like that but frankly your profile is just like any other typical completionist. 99% very easy platinums but the only good stat you have is completion and you’ve never done a difficult game to test if you can keep the completion rate. 

I think they might be joking about the whole thing, or at least I hope so?

But when you mention about the whole "test if you can keep" thing I always tend to agree so much. It's easy to have 100% if you just do something you know will definitely be doable. I will never have 100%, Cellfactor Psychokinetic Wars has 2 unobtainables due to server closure and GTAV is a game I don't really like and uninstalled a while ago, no way I'd even bother to deal with other people for Doomsday in a game I already dislike as it is. Combined thats 10 unearned, so regardless what I do, I would never drop below 10.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnCenaSong- said:

I think they might be joking about the whole thing, or at least I hope so?

But when you mention about the whole "test if you can keep" thing I always tend to agree so much. It's easy to have 100% if you just do something you know will definitely be doable. I will never have 100%, Cellfactor Psychokinetic Wars has 2 unobtainables due to server closure and GTAV is a game I don't really like and uninstalled a while ago, no way I'd even bother to deal with other people for Doomsday in a game I already dislike as it is. Combined thats 10 unearned, so regardless what I do, I would never drop below 10.

I've met too many completionists to think they're joking about it, they really love to show off that they can do everything on their profile, when their profile is full of games anyone can do. Personally I'd be fairly pissed off by adding an unobtainable game to my list, but I wouldn't feel too bad if the trophy was never possible for anyone before, as it wouldn't be my fault if the developers screwed up programming a trophy. But plenty of profiles that can't get 100% on the list are still better than pretty much every completionist I've seen so completion isn't the thing I tend to blame people for. But when a completionist wants to show off, they should do a game that shows they're capable of putting their profile at risk and still able to come out on top. 

3 hours ago, Klart said:

Ive got 26200 unearned Trophies and I’m proud of it!!

Damn :o , that's almost trice as much as my earned amount.

18 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I've met too many completionists to think they're joking about it, they really love to show off that they can do everything on their profile, when their profile is full of games anyone can do. Personally I'd be fairly pissed off by adding an unobtainable game to my list, but I wouldn't feel too bad if the trophy was never possible for anyone before, as it wouldn't be my fault if the developers screwed up programming a trophy. But plenty of profiles that can't get 100% on the list are still better than pretty much every completionist I've seen so completion isn't the thing I tend to blame people for. But when a completionist wants to show off, they should do a game that shows they're capable of putting their profile at risk and still able to come out on top. 

I used to be very pissed off when the first unobtainable was on my profile, but in the end I'm glad it happened. Now I no longer care about reaching 100% overall completion.

• Like 4

100% profile is not perfect by any means. If anything, I tend to think they look off, maybe cheated, and I wonder if the owner of the profile is actually enjoying their time with games, if they got some obsessive behavior issues, often they avoid playing a lot of games due to trophies etc.

A perfect profile would probably be one with absolutely all games in existence at 100%, but that's not even possible, so a perfect profile is not possible.

• Like 3

I tried to keep an 100% completion but it's not possible without playing a game on another profile first. I was good until I played the easy Need For Speed (2015) game, wich came later with an impossible DLC. Then you're f*cked. :-) On that moment, I also gave up the Trials in Dante's Inferno. Wich lead to not care about completion ratings anymore, but just enjoy gaming and earn a platinum when it's possible. 

Everyone can make an account, play a game first to see if 100% is possible, and then play it again on their 100% profile. 

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I used to be very pissed off when the first unobtainable was on my profile, but in the end I'm glad it happened. Now I no longer care about reaching 100% overall completion.

Something I've been thinking actually, it's probably a good thing for everyone to get an unobtainable or two to put the obsessive side in check. Unless they're the type of person to just make a new account that is. 

2 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Something I've been thinking actually, it's probably a good thing for everyone to get an unobtainable or two to put the obsessive side in check. Unless they're the type of person to just make a new account that is. 

Definitely, I've also saved a lot of money that would otherwise go towards buying way too overpriced DLCs. I've recommended it a few times in threads that talk about completionist OCD. Don't know if people actually did it. I do recall someone just started a new profile and continued to make the same mistakes.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

I tried to keep an 100% completion but it's not possible without playing a game on another profile first.

I disagree with you there. I've been maintaining my 100% just fine (I'm not at 100% right now, because I'm working on three different games, but those games will all be completed eventually), and I've never played on another profile first (well, this is my second account - I didn't like my old username - so technically I played some games on my old account first, but there's none on my old account that I decided not to play on this one at a future date). I just pick a game I want to play and go for it, mostly without even looking at the trophy list before I start. Some games have been tough to get there, but all you need to do is just keep trying and you'll make it eventually. All you need is perseverance, the view of "if other people can do it, I can do" and a refusal to lose to a bunch of code (I don't mind losing to real people in PvP games, but I refuse to lose to the game itself).

The exception is obviously unobtainable trophies - so far I'm lucky and haven't come across those, but my personal opinion is you get 100% if you get all the obtainable trophies. Sure, your profile might not say 100%, but you'll know yourself that you got everything you could, and that's what should count, because what does it really matter what some strangers on the internet think of your profile? So you'll effectively have 100% if you ignore those unobtainables.

I always think people who cherry pick games to get to 100% based on games they already know they can complete, isn't really a true 100% account. It's only really a (personal) achievement (that no-one else cares about) if you pick a game you want to play, and play it regardless of difficulty/length until you succeed. That's not to say short/easy games are bad if those are the ones you want to play, but rather a question of "would you have still played the same game if it was longer/more difficult to achieve 100% in?" and/or "did you decide not to play something that you actually really wanted to play just because the 100% was too daunting?". If you answered "yes" to the first and "no" to the second then you're good.

That all said, I don't think there's anything wrong with not going for 100%. I personally like to do it, and continue playing a game until I have 100% even if it takes me beyond the trophy list (e.g. doing every Chalice Dungeon in Bloodborne, all the Side Quests in Witcher 3, etc), but if others don't enjoy it then they shouldn't do it obviously. The problem for me comes when I start a game and hate it, but feel the obsessive need to get it to 100% anyway (I should probably get help for that issue) - there's been way too many of those lately, largely free PSPlus games that I played without even looking at the style of game they were...should probably stop doing that.

Gaming is a hobby, we should all do what we personally enjoy, whether that's getting 100% in everything we play, playing a game until it gets boring then stopping, playing through the story of a game and no more, getting as many trophies as we can, getting only difficult plats, or whatever else you personally enjoy doing. The only "right" option is the one that is right for that individual.

TL;DR - people shouldn't let the need for 100% influence the games they play. Play the games you want, regardless of length/difficulty, achieve 100% in those games if it's what you like to do.

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

I tried to keep an 100% completion but it's not possible without playing a game on another profile first. I was good until I played the easy Need For Speed (2015) game, wich came later with an impossible DLC. Then you're f*cked. :-)

I think this is a bit wrong, you may be as you said "f*cked" because you simply gave up trying to win those prestige events in NFS 2015 but by no means are they impossible.

In my opinion a perfect profile doesnt have to be 100% completion but maintaning at least 95%+ is awesome as well as playing mainly good games. Games like Lost Planet 2, Persona 4 Arena or Star Ocean 4 are very good games and people who were able to play them all the way until they accomplished 100% is impressive in my book. At the end of the day trophy hunting is a hobby and you should only play games on your profile as you yourself enjoy most.

When I created this account, I was aiming for 100% completion. I started the games I already had and enjoy them once again.

Later I started games that I thought I wouldn’t 100% for sure - like Ducktales or Blur - and I was impressed with myself having both at 100% now :) each game has its time, you don’t need to rush anything and someday you’ll have most of your games at a certain rate - you said 80%, Im aiming for 92-95%. Each one of us has their own “perfect profile”, some people might regret having some games in their profile: I don’t and I’m happy with them all :) “You have a lot of kids games” - I like kid games, I enjoyed the movie, why not play the game? The game looked fun, why not give it a try. Cars 2 and 3 are kids games, but I had a lot of fun playing them with friends. People don’t see this in your profile, there is no “fun factor” attached to each game you played...

Your goal now is to reach 80% completion. It will be your “perfect profile” when you do that and you’ll be gratefull and proud to reach that goal :) fuck the rest...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

All you need is perseverance, the view of "if other people can do it, I can do" and a refusal to lose to a bunch of code (I don't mind losing to real people in PvP games, but I refuse to lose to the game itself).

2 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I think this is a bit wrong, you may be as you said "f*cked" because you simply gave up trying to win those prestige events in NFS 2015 but by no means are they impossible.

At the end of the day trophy hunting is a hobby and you should only play games on your profile as you yourself enjoy most.

I also refuse to lose to games and believe me, I will always try to go for a trophy, but sometimes you have to admit when a game has beaten you. And that point is different for every person.
Gaming should be fun, not frustrating. I like a challenge in a game, but what's the point for trying days, weeks or even months just to earn 1 stupid (bronze) trophy with a description that leaves no room for error or even a luck-based one? On that moment, I'll always choose a fun time above a frustrating time, quit and move on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Definitely, I've also saved a lot of money that would otherwise go towards buying way too overpriced DLCs. I've recommended it a few times in threads that talk about completionist OCD. Don't know if people actually did it. I do recall someone just started a new profile and continued to make the same mistakes.

Not exactly unobtainable, but I did that with Super Meat Boy. I like the game, I completed it on PC before it came to PS+ but I won't go for the plat. I haven't felt bad about not having a 100% profile since.

What would be considered a truly "hard" game to you, then? A game truly worthy of putting your 100% at risk? Isn't it all relative?

I'd been interested in "The Evil Within" for a really long time, but I'd always put it off because I was terrible at survival horror and shooters in general, be they first or third person. Eventually though, I decided to take the plunge on this game that was not only way out of my comfort zone but also notoriously difficult, and I came out of it with a plat, a great experience, and a newfound liking for an entire genre I used to dislike! My aim and reaction time in games had always been horrible, but by the end of it all I was pulling off 3-shot-3-kills in seconds on invisible enemies: something I never thought I'd see myself doing.

I say all of this because even though to a lot of people on this site and maybe even this thread the plat for "The Evil Within" is "2ez bro i can speedrun it twice with my eyes closed in 30 minutes", it was literally the most difficult trophy I've ever attempted, and I went into it knowing it was a hard example of a game that belongs to one of my weakest game genres. So while to me it was a very proud, risk-taking accomplishment, to some here it's probably just another "hard, but not really" thing. What, then, is a universally accepted "prove your worth" game? Is there even one? Is it cracking the code to Attacking Zegeta?? Somehow I feel like people here would still be unimpressed by whoever pulls off that miracle.

100% profile completion has always been a goal of mine even if it was never actually something I aspired to do. It just seemed like the natural thought progression from "collect all the trophies in the game" to "collect all the trophies in all the games"; it's always been the end goal without me really noticing it. I think this might be the case with most fellow trophy hunters, and I don't see why there's this stigma behind the whole thing. Sure, I personally don't want to play a bunch of games I'm not interested in just for the trophies, but even that takes its own form of dedication. Even if it didn't, maybe these same people simply derive pleasure from seeing those full 100% bars when looking through their trophy list. In any case, if everything is subjective and no game can ever be said to truly test a player's worth and risk their precious 100%, then it almost feels like that mindset invalidates being proud of trophy hunting. If a trophy is easy to someone out there, then it, and by extension all, should be considered easy? I don't agree.

To bring it back: what, can we all agree on, is a game that is a true challenge, no matter the player?

• Like 4

Perfect profile checking in! 100/100 games completed.

I have a pretty decent variety of games on my profile. Easy/hard, long/short, even enjoyable/shitty. I still play games that I want to play or my friends recommend, but I avoid games that are nearly impossible to complete. Wolfenstein II comes to mind, Mein Liben would be hell and I don't want to do that. But that's what an alt account is for. I just have to make sure to complete anything multiplayer-related in a timely manner, and avoid games with glitched trophies. If I ever get a game on release that I really want to play, and it has an unobtainable trophy, that's the only way I see myself losing 100%.

DLC is also the bane of my existence, unless it's for a game I really enjoyed. Most of the time I give up waiting for a sale on the DLC because I hate seeing uncompleted games on my profile.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JoocyMan said:

What would be considered a truly "hard" game to you, then? A game worthy of putting your 100% at risk? Isn't it all relative?

I'd been interested in "The Evil Within" for a really long time, but I'd always put it off because I was terrible at survival horror and shooters in general, be they first or third person. Eventually though, I decided to take the plunge on this game that was not only way out of my comfort zone but also notoriously difficult, and I came out of it with a plat, a great experience, and a newfound liking for an entire genre I used to dislike! My aim and reaction time in games had always been horrible, but by the end of it all I was pulling off 3-shot-3-kills in seconds on invisible enemies: something I never thought I'd see myself doing.

I say all of this because even though to a lot of people on this site and maybe even this thread the plat for "The Evil Within" is "2ez bro i can speedrun it twice with my eyes closed in 30 minutes", it was literally the most difficult trophy I've ever attempted, and I went into it knowing it was a hard example of a game that belongs to one of my weakest game genres. So while to me it was a very proud, risk-taking accomplishment, to some here it's probably just another "hard, but not really" thing. What, then, is a universally accepted "prove your worth" game? Is there even one? Is it cracking the code to Attacking Zegeta?? Somehow I feel like people here would still be unimpressed by whoever pulls off that miracle.

100% profile completion has always been a goal of mine even if it was never actually something I aspired to do. It just seemed like the natural thought progression from "collect all the trophies in the game" to "collect all the trophies in all the games"; it's always been the end goal without me really noticing it. I think this might be the case with most fellow trophy hunters, and I don't see why there's this stigma behind the whole thing. Sure, I personally don't want to play a bunch of games I'm not interested in just for the trophies, but even that takes its own form of dedication. Even if it didn't, maybe these same people simply derive pleasure from seeing those full 100% bars when looking through their trophy list. In any case, if everything is subjective and no game can ever be said to truly test a player's worth and risk their precious 100%, then it almost feels like that mindset invalidates being proud of trophy hunting. If a trophy is easy to someone out there, then it, and by extension all, should be considered easy? I don't agree.

To bring it back: what, can we all agree on, is a game that is a true challenge, no matter the player?

Persona 4 Arena :)

• Like 1