Perfect Profile

Matrim_Drasgen

Some valid points. I don't worry about anyone else's profile. Still it was really cool to see a 100% completion profile for the first time. 900 easy plats or hard or ultra rares is cool but those are talked about all over the place. Perfect profile is not the right term for the thread but it has brought in some cool thoughts. Each stat is tracked and has a number that once reached, it can't go beyond. There is a quantified number of plats in the trophy world. Sure more get added but there are only so many. Some stats can't be reasonably achieved. Others can. Hence goals and what we are willing to accept. Also, those who messaged me off the thread, thanks for the words and invite.  Wasn't my intention to insult or cause problems with it all but also not gonna let others talk down valid opinions. Great seeing ideas and thoughts on what is perfect to others. Plus gotten a lot of profile views and some friends, so this worked out. Lol.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Just wait until you get that game that has a glitched trophy that won't pop.  That can ruin your day. 1f612.png

Don't remind me -_- 

12 hours ago, DPatriot said:

No offence but perfect means to be able to get 100% on any genre including music and no1 has that kind of skills .

And frankly its not even that good, i know people who has alot better

Why thank you sir  Challenge Accepted on any genre **cracks knuckles**

Getting 100 percent accounts is a huge risk.

You could very well stumble onto a game that you were looking forward to, only to discover it has a glitched trophy. Or you just happened to jump onto the online too late, and now you can never fully finish the game.

Personally, I just go with what I feel like I want to play, when I want to play. If a trophy is too difficult, I'm not committed enough, has online trophies I'm not interested in getting, or I'm too late to boost for the online, then tough shit.

I already have an unobtainable on my profile and I'm not bothered one bit. But I don't get all worked up on trophies I can't get. After all, video games were meant to be played for fun.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Well, I want to see what genres I'm missing on here.  I'll complete a solid game on each genre I'm missing.  That sounds fun actually :hmm: 

Well I don't see any Skateboarding Sim games on your account...so time to check out this guide and get yourself one :D

9oN50.png

14 hours ago, Sergen said:

I'd much rather see a trophy list that has 50% completion with 500 ultra rare trophies than one with 100% completion and 100 ultra rare trophies.

I wouldn't take ultra rares into consideration at all, If I were judging accounts (which seems silly, just focus on yourself) I'd just rather see a varied list of games and someone who's enjoying themselves than any 100% account, high level whore or even a lower level 50% UR whore.

Whilst trophy whoring was a way to pad up your general numbers, ever since people started getting high levels and all these majorly short trophy whore games came around people have been more and more obsessed with ultra rares to decide someone's 'credibility', and so, when people fixate on just one stat, just like overall trophies before it, people find ways to inflate it.

Now there's a niche I like to call ultra rare whores who find the easiest possible games that somehow contain large numbers of ultra rare trophies for various reasons.

While a lot of super hard games actually usually only contain an UR plat along with maybe 1-4 other URs, there's games out there with 10+ and even 20+ PER game for other reasons than difficulty/time.

Some examples off the top of my head, there's many more you'll probably see on every single UR whores trophy list, let me know any I missed:

- Magicka 2, easy PS+ game that didn't catch on, sure that had a bunch, probably in the 20+ category.

- Free Realms (now unobtainable) with like 40 URs, mildly time consuming but could be idled, inflated because you had to pay membership for trophies but free to play players were included for stats (didn't check if the site still calculates rarity on that game the same, was ~40 UR last I checked.)

- Mighty No 9 I think had a bunch, obviously because it was a let down to a lot of backers so people didn't want to finish it despite decent figures of owners.

- Injustice Gods Among Us, I see a few times, usually no plat because yes the plat is considered hard but since UR whores take the quicker easy URs out of it, there's a LOT of easy URs here if I recall, probably because they're kinda out of the way and people don't bother thinking they won't get the plat anyway? Stuff like using all the moves/meter burn (can be done in practice), using interactables etc. really simple stuff.

There's plenty of them, most of them from PS+ where you can get dozens of URs by platting them or even get a bunch by just nabbing all the easy/quick URs in harder/more time consuming games and moving on without a plat.

So, to use your example, that 100% account might have games like NGS2, WipEoutHD and other recognisably difficult games that make up their 100 URs, average 4 per game, could be 25 hard games. That 50% 500 UR profile could be averaging 15 URs per game in 33 vastly easier games or averaging 20+ in <25 easier games, not even equalising in games containing URs with the 100 guy.

We need to stop just judging gamers generally at a glance by various arbitrary numbers, not just thinking high numbers of something is great, but also putting down people for lower numbers and judging them as lesser. I see it all the time with KD in multiplayer shooters, some of my toughest opponents in Rainbow Six Siege have had below 1KDs, and I've seen players with 2KD and higher that have been total pushovers.

EDIT: Couple more I forgot that are common. Games without plats, if they're not super short they tend to contain mostly URs as people can't be bothered vs. games with plats. Also VR games that take a bit longer seem to have a bunch too, probably because people do shorter VR sessions and don't tend to grind.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 3

URatio = URs ÷ total tropes

anything below 3.8% is garbage, anything above is pretty much perfect

Spoiler

no no, that is not a completely arbitrary benchmark, silly... there's a fucktonne of science behind it  ?

3 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

URatio = URs ÷ total tropes

anything below 3.8% is garbage, anything above is pretty much perfect

Reveal hidden contents

no no, that is not a completely arbitrary benchmark, silly... there's a fucktonne of science behind it  1f913.png

Hmm, I wonder why that % exactly, I totally just cannot put my finger on it... ;P.

It's neat that some people are able to maintain such a high completion percentage, but I find it could add more stress to trophy hunting. As someone brought up, server closures, glitched trophies, etc. I know I have one of my friends that ruined his 100% because of Lawbreakers. That's why I'm perfectly fine at my 32%. Taking my own time, doing my own thing. Not to mention my attention span is like a goldfish's.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

I've heard people with really high completion are weird. Wouldn't want to be one of them.

Some people who dont care anything about trophies say that collecting trophies and plats is weird. But thats their opinion so what

14 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

No doubt it would an honour for you to see mine as well... a great honour. 1f60c.png

I'm not sure if it was before or after the Ni no Kuni DLC :awesome: 

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Hakoom is best profile.

458501131178606624.png?v=1

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

The perfect profile is the right balance between Japanese games and Western games (100% : 0%)

This is the only perfect answer!

I salute thee!

3 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I wouldn't take ultra rares into consideration at all, If I were judging accounts (which seems silly, just focus on yourself) I'd just rather see a varied list of games and someone who's enjoying themselves than any 100% account, high level whore or even a lower level 50% UR whore.

Whilst trophy whoring was a way to pad up your general numbers, ever since people started getting high levels and all these majorly short trophy whore games came around people have been more and more obsessed with ultra rares to decide someone's 'credibility', and so, when people fixate on just one stat, just like overall trophies before it, people find ways to inflate it.

Now there's a niche I like to call ultra rare whores who find the easiest possible games that somehow contain large numbers of ultra rare trophies for various reasons.

While a lot of super hard games actually usually only contain an UR plat along with maybe 1-4 other URs, there's games out there with 10+ and even 20+ PER game for other reasons than difficulty/time.

Some examples off the top of my head, there's many more you'll probably see on every single UR whores trophy list, let me know any I missed:

- Magicka 2, easy PS+ game that didn't catch on, sure that had a bunch, probably in the 20+ category.

- Free Realms (now unobtainable) with like 40 URs, mildly time consuming but could be idled, inflated because you had to pay membership for trophies but free to play players were included for stats (didn't check if the site still calculates rarity on that game the same, was ~40 UR last I checked.)

- Mighty No 9 I think had a bunch, obviously because it was a let down to a lot of backers so people didn't want to finish it despite decent figures of owners.

- Injustice Gods Among Us, I see a few times, usually no plat because yes the plat is considered hard but since UR whores take the quicker easy URs out of it, there's a LOT of easy URs here if I recall, probably because they're kinda out of the way and people don't bother thinking they won't get the plat anyway? Stuff like using all the moves/meter burn (can be done in practice), using interactables etc. really simple stuff.

There's plenty of them, most of them from PS+ where you can get dozens of URs by platting them or even get a bunch by just nabbing all the easy/quick URs in harder/more time consuming games and moving on without a plat.

So, to use your example, that 100% account might have games like NGS2, WipEoutHD and other recognisably difficult games that make up their 100 URs, average 4 per game, could be 25 hard games. That 50% 500 UR profile could be averaging 15 URs per game in 33 vastly easier games or averaging 20+ in <25 easier games, not even equalising in games containing URs with the 100 guy.

We need to stop just judging gamers generally at a glance by various arbitrary numbers, not just thinking high numbers of something is great, but also putting down people for lower numbers and judging them as lesser. I see it all the time with KD in multiplayer shooters, some of my toughest opponents in Rainbow Six Siege have had below 1KDs, and I've seen players with 2KD and higher that have been total pushovers.

EDIT: Couple more I forgot that are common. Games without plats, if they're not super short they tend to contain mostly URs as people can't be bothered vs. games with plats. Also VR games that take a bit longer seem to have a bunch too, probably because people do shorter VR sessions and don't tend to grind.

There are plenty of games that shit out ultra rare trophies, however there are more games that give out an easy platinum. Most of my ultra rare platinums still took me over 50 hours to get, but there's not a VN that can be skipped that takes that long. 

As a first thing to see in a profile, it's easy to see how many ultra rare trophies a profile has to get a quick idea if the profile is half way decent. I hardly see any ultra rare trophy whores who don't have some difficult games on their list. It's funny how you do mention Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and WipEout HD as examples of the "hard games", both games are highly exploitable... When I was more passionate about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (I played it for around 2000 hours), I helped many trophy hunters get the team missions done and on that game the missions have an exploitable move called Rachel's twirl, which grants invincibility to people who use it, they can use that in any difficult mission and get the trophy with ease. Heck, Rachel's twirl is so effective that I managed to complete all missions on my own with a 2nd PS3/AI Partner. I also made a video detailing many of the exploits of the game and when I challenged the hyped up difficulty, people criticised me and tried to make fun of me, so I made a video where I showed how much I agree with what they say :D. WipEout HD also allows you to use a glitch to get Beat Zico and Zone Zeus, as well as keep the away from using boosts that they pick up, but the platinum is highly irrelevant now due to the servers shutting down. 

I doubt there are 25 "hard" games out there that have a low amount of ultra rare trophies that a bunch of completionists do, the most impressive completionist is probably PrinceOfPeace because he does have some difficult and lengthy platinums on his list while managing to maintain 100% completion. Not many of the ultra rare whores manage to overcome doing 500+ easy ultra rare trophies, but I see a lot of profiles with that many easy platinums. 

It's a very bold statement to tell us that the profile is "perfect" because every profile can be improved upon. The profile linked is hardly perfect in regards to trophy list content. It's also a person being severely ass licked for their only good stat on their profile, which is what a lot of completionists are. Shortly after this thread was made, a mediocre completionist then looked for some attention by trying to put their profile forward to the person who made this thread. It's not an impressive stat if you don't step into territory that could make you lose the stat. I have a lot of trophies that people would consider "difficult", but I wanted to rather be recognised for how much I did post-platinum on games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 and I always say that trophies don't define gaming skill. I've yet to see a profile that has 100 ultra rare trophies that is better in terms of difficult and lengthy platinums than one that has 500, but maybe you could show me some if you're keen. 

I doubt you'd agree with the profile being linked as a "perfect" one, unfortunately too many games are unobtainable for anyone's profile to be perfect and everyone has some unobtainable trophies that they wish they could get that passed them by. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

I've heard people with really high completion are weird. Wouldn't want to be one of them.

I actually don't understand why people think that.

6 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I just play games that I enjoy and like the sound of. I don’t care if they’re easy or hard. Unfortunately, a lot of the games I’ve been interested in over the last few years have had easier lists.

A lot of awesome game has a easy trophy list. Ni no kuni II for example, I saw you completed it.