Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

If you have seen about 10 anime in your life, you most likely have already seen more than Senran Kagura's interactivity mode. It is essentially a mini-game to test the jiggle physics. Or with the water gun in PBS, which I believe doesn't do anything except drench specific pieces of clothing like the t-shirt. A far cry from 18+ PC games made for that kind of thing. Also these are on average some of the shapeliest characters in anime, following the legacy of its predecessor Ikkitousen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KaiserMaglorix said:

Clearly you didn't Google hard enough because you are acting just like every sensitive little snowflake who demands things like this be change because it's so degrading! Tits and ass has existed in gaming far before this and will after this. Senran Kagura is a series know for such things as intimacy mode and it wasn't a problem until recently, I'm not a fan of the series myself but I can't understand the fans and why they are angry. Also it's funny you mentioned games like GTA and GoW in your post though, because having a lap dance and having sex in a car somewhere then murdering the woman is perfectly fine. But this? Way to much for games rated 18 and over. Way to be jump on the wagon slowflake. ;) 

Seems like his complaint is that the girls portrayed are underage, not that the content is sexual in nature.

So we need to know exactly how serious this new policy is and whether it impacts the EU as well as US region. 

I don't care about back compact, cross play or anything like that, but this could impact my decision to buy a PS5 (that I won't be buying this game is obviously a given). Censoring games needlessly (when they passed certification) is simply not on. 

• Like 1

Another pre-order cancel here.

They can bow to the platform holder wishes all they want, Sony is not going to pay them a single dollar for all the sales and trust they are losing thanks to this. It's us, their customers, the ones who were supporting them, and they're going to lose a lot of support after this. Even if it's Sony's order, they'll be labeled as another company who don't mind censoring games. If you do it once, what prevents you from doing it again?

I hope all this games stop releasing in Playstation consoles, and find a first party who's willing to let them be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goikko said:

They can bow to the platform holder wishes all they want, Sony is not going to pay them a single dollar for all the sales and trust they are losing thanks to this. It's us, their customers, the ones who were supporting them, and they're going to lose a lot of support after this. Even if it's Sony's order, they'll be labeled as another company who don't mind censoring games. If you do it once, what prevents you from doing it again?

I hope all this games stop releasing in Playstation consoles, and find a first party who's willing to let them be.

Ditto. I've just cancelled my EU pre-order and ordered the Asian version instead. It will take a couple of weeks to get dispatched, because Play-Asia don't have the limited edition in stock at the moment but I don't mind waiting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

The "underage girls" you're talking about are fictional charcters with an arbitrary number (age) attached to them. With this kind of art style, there is little difference visually between a character who is 15 or 20.

But nope, we're all just sick bastards, and you're so much better than us. Congratulations!

/s

Please don't mistake my confusion and curiousity with stupidity. I am confused cause I know nothing about this game or why people want to "virtually" (??) fuck underage girls -- whether it's in a game or real life... the morality of it is wrong.

3 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

Why would you molest anyone but an underage girl in her biological prime? Sounds like a waste of time and energy.

uummm.... are we really having this discussion? Am I the only parent on this forum?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

Please don't mistake my confusion and curiousity with stupidity. I am confused cause I know nothing about this game or why people want to "virtually" (??) fuck underage girls -- whether it's in a game or real life... the morality of it is wrong.

uummm.... are we really having this discussion? Am I the only parent on this forum?

You might as well be

• Like 1

Just now, Jelloycat said:

It's also morally wrong to kill people, but there are a ton of games about that. 
There's nothing/no one forcing you to play this game. 

not going to discuss this anymore with you, you keep shiifting blame and/or responsibility onto me yet im not the pervert who wants to molest kids in a video game. You are. There is nothing forcing me to play this you are right and I won't -- i actually never once even said I would play this game. I don't play games that involve sexualization of minors. You do, so whatever. Enjoy living out your chomo fantasies.

7 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

not going to discuss this anymore with you, you keep shiifting blame and/or responsibility onto me yet im not the pervert who wants to molest kids in a video game. You are. There is nothing forcing me to play this you are right and I won't -- i actually never once even said I would play this game. I don't play games that involve sexualization of minors. You do, so whatever. Enjoy living out your chomo fantasies.

I'm not sure what you think people are blaming you for, they're just disagreeing with your opinion. 
You seem to be putting something happening in a video game on the same level as an actual crime - which is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Goikko said:

You seriously can't really blame XSeed on this, it's either do what Sony says or don't release the game at all and considering they've already spent the resources needed to localize it, they can't just throw that effort all away and take the loss. Also, I think anyone who wants the game with a decent PC should get the steam version. That way you support the game while giving Sony no money because the blame is with them, not XSeed. Honestly, I want to know what this policy is because it's ill founded right now when you consider ESRB already exists and they greenlit the game

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dokkanexpert said:

You are not. I have two daughters myself, ages 5 and 3. And there is a clear distinction between molesting underage girls, and performing an action on caricatured females in a game. I personally find these modes somewhat puerile myself, but they hardly rise to the level of perverse criminality to which you allude.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, majob said:

Honestly, I want to know what this policy is because it's ill founded right now when you consider ESRB already exists and they greenlit the game

SIE is located in California since 2016, so I wouldn't be surprised if this recent 'policy' was a consequence of MeToo and Kavanaugh, plus generally being influenced by Californian leftism.

• Like 3

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Parent

Snow, I'm sorry this has gotten outta hand. I know nothing of the game or what "action" is required. So I am to blame for getting worked up over something I know very little about. With that said, I will refrain from making any further comments in this thread. Mainly, 'cause I'm getting the "reddit" treatment now, being told my morals are "fictionalized" because I think a certain subject matter is "over the line" -- so in the end, I don't really deserve to be treated like a piece of shit all because I voiced my personal opinion of this game. Ya'll are just taking your feelings of disagreement over my said opinion and turning it into insults and hurling them at me. Yes, I am human too. Yes, some words hurt. I take things said on this forum a little more seriously for a reason. Being attacked for voicing a concern or belief goes against my rights as a human, because everyone should be free to voice to their opinion freely without being ridiculed. 

Enjoy your fucken game!

• Like 1