Xbox One Announced

daniezutton

Sometimes less is more, I can already imagine the amount of issues this thing is going to have. Congratulations to Microsoft for pulling off a partnership with the worst company in the world, when it comes to customer support (yes, I'm referring to EA).

Impressive how Microsoft managed to barely show any gameplay for the games they are announcing for their system. The only exception being Call of Duty: Ghosts, with like 10 seconds of in-game footage. Someone should reevaluate their marketing department, me thinks.

Congratulations to Microsoft for pulling off a partnership with the worst company in the world, when it comes to customer support (yes, I'm referring to EA).

It's obviously no coincidence that EA drop the Online Pass and M$ introduce the "pre-owned fee" (albeit only on Xbox One).

I don't see the point of putting the output from your Sky through your Xbox One, it's just another box to suck electricity (along with the compulsory new kinect) whilst you watch a film or your TV programme.

This has just re-affirmed my choice in pre-ordering a PS4.

Doesn't look great but I can see the PS4 being a big bulky thing though I hope I'm wrong. Big chance for Sony to win big time for the design.

Must of took them ages to come up with that name  :yay:

I'm not liking the new consoles focusing a lot on social/tv media. It's a GAMES CONSOLE!  :shakefist:

• Like 1

As a PlayStation fanboy I have to say I'm tickled pink. Can Microsoft have made it any more clear how disconnected they are with their fanbase or how greedy they are as a company? I mean, a fee for used games? Get bent!

Oh, and X-Box One as a console name? That shouldn't cause any confusion lmbo.

• Like 1

It's obviously no coincidence that EA drop the Online Pass and M$ introduce the "pre-owned fee" (albeit only on Xbox One).

I don't see the point of putting the output from your Sky through your Xbox One, it's just another box to suck electricity (along with the compulsory new kinect) whilst you watch a film or your TV programme.

This has just re-affirmed my choice in pre-ordering a PS4.

Both companies are known for focusing mainly on their financial gain. MS has their fair share of problems on pc already, when it comes to software (I wonder what will happen, if someone says "open firefox" instead of the demonstrated "open internet explorer" :hmm: . My guess would be either no compatibility or internal error...). EA aren't known for having their games running smoothly either.

Doesn't look great but I can see the PS4 being a big bulky thing though I hope I'm wrong. Big chance for Sony to win big time for the design.

Must of took them ages to come up with that name  :yay:

I'm not liking the new consoles focusing a lot on social/tv media. It's a GAMES CONSOLE!  :shakefist:

Yeah, I'm not all too keen on that idea either. In my opinion the new xbox changed it's focus from gaming to general entertainment support.

I have a feeling The One is going to outsell the PS4 by a wide margin because people are idiots :(

There are a lot of casual gamers out there. I mean the kind of guys that play nothing but Madden or COD. I've met tons of slugs like this.

• Like 1

You know I just thought of something. The Move is much better than Kinect, The PS3 and Xbox were much better than the Wii, Android is much better than Apple. The Vita is much better than the 3DS. What do all of these things have in common

I have a feeling The One is going to outsell the PS4 by a wide margin because people are idiots :(

Horses for courses, don't call people idiots because they don't agree with you. I could give you counter arguments for each of those.

Edited by Memnoch
  • Like 1

I have a feeling The One is going to outsell the PS4 by a wide margin

Maybe if they can make the price seem low (like they did with that "get a cheap xbox with contract" program, if i remember correctly) and some really slick marketing or something else... But who knows, anything could happen.