250 Hours to Platinum?!!!

linkdevivo

Curious on the cheats, do they only disable trophies while they are active or permanently thereafter for that save file?? Be interesting to know, how have they worked the mechanic in other games?

Looking at all off PPs RDR2 pages, looks like plat will take a while due to how all the TGs will lay everything out for us

There seem to be 15-20 sets of collectibles, and each collectible set have there own page. Meaning we will either need:

- 15-20 pages or videos open at once,

- Complete 1 set at a time

- Get what we can naturally, then refer to guides, using 1 of the first 2 methods

We may get a region by region collectible guide eventually but bet for a while they will all be separate guides done like PPs due to the sheer number

Knowing what to collect in a region when you first encounter it could save tonnes of time, but does anybody really wanna look through 20 pages of guides at each location to check if anything can be done there......I doubt it as it would ruin the experience, even for me.

Think its safe to say, for the first few mths, anyway u try and execute it, plat will be long, so just try to let them come naturally until u are ready

Anyway, the companion app, anybody getting this?? Gives u a map on ur phone which u can mark and stuff, cool eh

1 minute ago, lilpain97 said:

This is every game ever... Like literally every game. Obviously if you rush through it knowing whats up its quicker. 

I know, but even a beginner following a decent guide can get good times as well

My point being is that for people like u and me, fine we know that, but others may look at a estimates and think that they are completely accurate, given the belief that getting it a 100 or so hours is impossible

And its not entirely true about knowing whats up first, a complete beginner has platted HZD in 18hrs referencing TGs occasionally. But guess that is pretty simple

Im only pointing it because as I say, some may think that 200+ hr plat is a done deal

Just now, optimusmart said:

I know, but even a beginner following a decent guide can get good times as well

My point being is that for people like u and me, fine we know that, but others may look at a estimates and think that they are completely accurate, given the belief that getting it a 100 or so hours is impossible

And its not entirely true about knowing whats up first, a complete beginner has platted HZD in 18hrs referencing TGs occasionally. But guess that is pretty simple

Im only pointing it because as I say, some may think that 200+ hr plat is a done deal

Fair enough man.

My plat will probably be around 200hrs depending on if I get bored of the world. Witcher 3 took me 150hrs because I just loved doing everything I could.

8 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Fair enough man.

My plat will probably be around 200hrs depending on if I get bored of the world. Witcher 3 took me 150hrs because I just loved doing everything I could.

Yea, to be honest, I shouldnt bother, people will believe what they want, I cant control anything. With videogames, ultimately either way, it doesnt matter and we know that, think thats the problem.

I wasnt going to get this, but think I will be now and that companion app.

I probably spent few hundred hours or so getting that platinum time down on W3, but I found it exciting because at the end of it, I could pass the knowledge on to others and the guide has saved individuals 50hrs or so, who wished to use it I guess

Actually, I probably wont get plat cuz I h8 multiplayer grinds, I will perhaps just focus on the SP stuff

Anybody got any thoughts on the cheats, will they disable trophies permanently, or just while they are active?

3 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Yea, to be honest, I shouldnt bother, people will believe what they want, I cant control anything. With videogames, ultimately either way, it doesnt matter and we know that, think thats the problem.

I wasnt going to get this, but think I will be now and that companion app.

I probably spent few hundred hours or so getting that platinum time down on W3, but I found it exciting because at the end of it, I could pass the knowledge on to others and the guide has saved individuals 50hrs or so, who wished to use it I guess

Actually, I probably wont get plat cuz I h8 multiplayer grinds, I will perhaps just focus on the SP stuff

Anybody got any thoughts on the cheats, will they disable trophies permanently, or just while they are active?

Nice so you did speedruns of W3 to get plat quicker? 

How could you not want to pick this up!!! It looks and sounds amazing. Although I would understand if you don't really seem interested in it. 

12 minutes ago, BhekifaZ said:

Not saying he's wrong but just throwing this out here. His Kingdom Come: Deliverance trophy guide said 150 hours to complete and it took me around 85 hours.

There not wrong from their POV, I just guess I wish they would name it a GENERAL ESTIMATE as opposed to ESTIMATE

That way we know its based from a general perspective rather than a FITS ALL perspective which they appear as

6 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Nice so you did speedruns of W3 to get plat quicker? 

How could you not want to pick this up!!! It looks and sounds amazing. Although I would understand if you don't really seem interested in it. 

Yes, but It wasnt for me how weird that sounds, it was to inform others on how to save 50+ hrs. The guide is on playstationtrophies and Gfaqs, when I was a guide writing baby and not that familiar with this site

I really want it, just too much to play, little time to spend, but I may put few other games off to play this ;)

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Yes, but It wasnt for me how weird that sounds, it was to inform others on how to save 50+ hrs. The guide is on playstationtrophies and Gfaqs, when I was a guide writing baby and not that familiar with this site

I really want it, just too much to play, little time to spend, but I may put few other games off to play this ;)

Damn thats some awesome shit ahaha. Did it for others and not yourself.

Similar thing to me but I threw everything to 1 side and pre ordered it xD 

9 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Damn thats some awesome shit ahaha. Did it for others and not yourself.

Similar thing to me but I threw everything to 1 side and pre ordered it xD 

It sounds good, but its ruinng my gaming. I love min/maxing platinum times and passing the knowledge on, but writing the guides afterwards takes ages and destroys me

Ive recently decided to just focus passing.on the info through utube videos, im.hoping that will help me to play more games, guide writing becomes annoying

Ive got 1 or 2 things to finish then my backlog is clean and I know RDR2 will suck a lot of time no matter how I approach it. Like u though, I dont think.I.can stay away, im hoping I can juggle 3 games at once as opposed to 2 ;)

Hopeully just focusing on vids will help a lot and will erase any negative thoughts about playing this as well

Ref cheats if anyone wondering, on RDR1, cheats disabled saving. If its same here you cant enable a cheat, fulfill trophy requirements and then disable for the trophy trigger....thats what I was hoping

Edited by optimusmart

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Who cares how long the platinum takes?  The game will be amazing and you'll love every moment of it.

um... everyone here, on a trophy site mind you, cares how long and how hard it is, some want it shorter, some want it longer. some want it easy, others want it a bit more difficult. That's what this site is for. Everyone cares.

I’d also like to remind everyone of how people originally thought Monster Hunter World would be a 500h+ platinum. Early estimates like this are rarely ever correct and should be the last thing to impact your opinion on the game or your spending decisions.