Cheated games before the site existed

I've always said there should be more leniency given to games that were cheated before the website existed... When you did what you did, there wasn't a website that flagged people for doing it, it just looked like it was free trophies that could be easily earned, no website had a rule against it. This website created those rules afterwards and caught out a lot of people who did things 8-9 years ago. Other websites even let you keep the game on your trophy list without hiding it if it was from such a long time ago. PSN ID changes actually transfer your current trophy list to a new username which does reset your profile on this website, I'm not sure how the website is going to handle this in the future, but it definitely would get you unflagged right now and they couldn't exactly flag games that you did legit if you're already hiding the cheated ones. 

• Like 3

Every thread where someone is flagged for an old cheated game is becoming "Hakoom is allowed to keep the game on his profile". I do agree that it should be an all or nothing flagging scenario, the excuse I've seen given for keeping him on the leaderboards is "it was only 2 trophies that were reported, you need 3 to be flagged". Of the hundreds, if not thousands of disputes I've seen on this website, plenty of the people who are flagged kept their flag because of 2 trophies being out of order and I've seen it mentioned by staff on those threads that having 2 trophies out of order or too close together can still result in a flag. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, scottmidds said:

Out of curiosity, i have a flagged game which is hidden which was cheated before the site/rules existed, where does staff sit on this?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks,
Scottmidds

Also consider edited timestamps. They would just edit them to before when the site existed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

In my opinion, cheating is cheating. It doesn't matter if you cheated before this site existed. I can't understand the logic behind your question...

Yeah. I mean, the point of trophies is earning them yourself, which in term gives you a spot on the leaderboard.

Trophies earned before the site was created do count, so why would cheated lists before the site existed be allowed? It is either both or neither, because every trophy counts toward your rank.

11 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I mean if you've cheated on one game that should be enough, I'll never understand why people can have up to 3 games flagged. If you've cheated you might aswell do it with all your games, not like you care about your profile or the games anyway. 

There are people who actually get trophies popped for them by hackers in public lobbies. It is because of those people that there is a bit of leeway before completely removing a player from the leaderboards.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 4

Are you guys trying to start a flame war?

Anyway, other sites have a one strike rule with exceptions for early games* , whilst PSNP has a three strike rule. I’d say this is the most lenient site there is.

@BlindMango there really needs to be a disclaimer that using your own save is only disallowed because it’s hard to prove that’s the case, but as long speed records aren’t broken and there’s extraordinary evidence to support you used your own save, exceptions are allowed on a case by case basis.

It gets old seeing these same goons make these tired old arguments to bypass the intended meaning of rules by pointing out flaws in the wording / grammar or because every single scenario isn’t in fine print.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I mean if you've cheated on one game that should be enough, I'll never understand why people can have up to 3 games flagged. If you've cheated you might aswell do it with all your games, not like you care about your profile or the games anyway. 

100% agreed! Unfortunately not many people think this way...

Edited by Major Rain
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I'll never understand why people can have up to 3 games flagged.

6 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

100% agree! Unfortunately not many people think this way...

It’s because not everyone who has broken timestamps has actually cheated and to protect those following the spirit of the rules.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

(URL not allowed) flags and removes u like here but you can ask for probation and be reinstated on the terms no more games come up with off timestamps unless u can prove it was done legit so they are pretty awesome they don't have the forum community like here tho but at least u can be forgiven at least once even if u have multiple flagged games 

7 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It’s because not everyone who has broken timestamps has actually cheated and to protect those following the spirit of the rules.

Broken timestamps are fine if someone can prove his/her trophies were not hacked but that doesn't explain why you need 3 flags. As I said before, cheating is cheating. If you cheat once you should be off the leaderboards right away (unless you can dispute your flag ofc) not sure why you need 2 more flags. I also disapprove of hiding trophies to let you stay on the leaderboard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

if someone can prove his/her trophies were not hacked”

Right. The limit of 3 is for people who did not cheat but can’t prove otherwise. Also for covering things like hackers in games. Someone’s entire history of gaming shouldn’t be punished because they were a casual trophy hunter at one point and didn’t back up their system and know it could affect them, but earned their trophies nonetheless.

I see merit on both sides of the aisle regarding requiring to hide, but that’s another topic.

Edited by B1rvine

4 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Right. The limit of 3 is for people who did not cheat but can’t prove otherwise. Also for covering things like hackers in games. Someone’s entire history of gaming shouldn’t be punished because they were casual trophy hunter at one point and didn’t back up his system and know it could affect him, but earned his trophies nonetheless.

I got it but without making any names, I know some players who paid for services to have unobtainable trophies unlocked. After being flagged, they simply hid the trophies and got away with that only because it was their first flag. I think you will agree with me that there are some flaws in this system that allow hackers to get away with cheating too easily...

I always thought of the 3 flag system as a '2nd chance' sort of thing, my hidden trophies are mostly from a Blops 2 modded lobby and a game in 2010 before this website existed that I hid before it would get flagged (CoD Classic), I'm glad the rules give me a 2nd chance on this silly mistake I make nearly a decade ago when I was 18 and didn't care much, which I believe most deserve.

I think this ruling will be questioned and always brought by others up as long as Hakoom is allowed to keep DTR on his profile unhidden as well, but I don't really know what's going on with that anyway so I won't comment further.

Edited by Sellers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Rain said:

After being flagged, they simply hid the trophies and got away with that only because it was their first flag.

Yeah, I agree with you 100% there.  Although, then you theoretically get into the argument where "not fair he gets 3 flags and I only get 1 argument." It's not always simple.