Psnprofiles should have trophy guides!

As much as I love this site, PS3Trophies.org is far too well established with its guides and their community does them so well, it would probably only work most effectively if the sites themselves merged into one uber site. I like the idea of them either promoting, fleshing out and/or tweaking the way trophy tips work on the site. They don't seem to be as utilized as much as they could be, at least there isn't much of an incentive to do so.

• Like 3

I believe this is in the pipeline, may just need to be patient with this one.

This. Sly's working on it, and I don't know how much he wants to promise or reveal as of yet, so I won't say much more than that. But I can tell you that his plan is much, much better than anything you'll find on .org or .com. Just be patient.

• Like 1

I love the idea of trophy tips.  Why can't we just expand the idea of tips a little bit instead of making full blown guides?  That wouldn't really be bringing anything new to the community of various trophy related website.

I very much doubt you'll beat PS3Trophies.org guide quality.  They have multiple writers, and rigorous approval process.  People are actually fighting over who gets to write the next guide, and most of them are posted the day the game comes out.  All you really need is a link to the guide.  This site should concentrate on things it does best - like Gaming Sessions for example.

• Like 3

I think we should have a program on this website that'll make it so we just have to plug in the information for each trophy and a place for an overview of all the trophies. However, I think the "make a guide" feature should only be available to those who HAVE THE PLATNUM (we already have this feature where you can't submit a tip unless you've earned the trophy, it'd be the same thing)! For instance, I should be able to make a guide on Quantum of Solace, PS All Stars, or Borderlands since I have all 3. However, I should not have the option to make a platnum guide for Deadrising 2 because I don't have the platnum. However, I feel like we should still have a place for trophy tips too for those who've earned those individual trophies.

I like the idea really... if there was a "guide" section for every game it can just be populated by the tips... I like the community involvement with the tips because everyone can take ownership of it but there isn't really a "road map".

so maybe there could be a "road map" section and a link to the tips... that way we don't impede on the community involvement with the tips and everyone can be a part of it...

I did something like that for Sacred 2

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/1533-sacred-2-trophy-guide/

+1 for idea trophy guide, add tips in trophies is great but guide for earned platinum is better.  Road map , road to platinum, tips, strategy, advice and help would be much better to get the platinum.

Is mi opinion :)  

RegardS

• Like 2

I don't think guides are a necessary function of this site. One reason I don't post on one of the other trophy sites anymore is because of the, for lack of a better term, trophy guide nepotism. Guides are given to the same group of people who may or may not have actually played the game. The trophy tips feature of this site is more than adequate, and you have to have earned the trophy to post a tip for it.

Sly is working on some truly neat things and my personal opinion is that he continues on that, rather than waste time on trophy guide mechanics.

I don't think guides are a necessary function of this site. One reason I don't post on one of the other trophy sites anymore is because of the, for lack of a better term, trophy guide nepotism. Guides are given to the same group of people who may or may not have actually played the game. The trophy tips feature of this site is more than adequate, and you have to have earned the trophy to post a tip for it.

Sly is working on some truly neat things and my personal opinion is that he continues on that, rather than waste time on trophy guide mechanics.

I said I wouldn't really reveal any more, because to be honest until anything happens they're all just ideas, and it may come to pass that Sly doesn't implement them. But I will say that the system he wants to implement would completely do away with issues of favoritism and elitism that you find on other sites. Everyone would have the opportunity to do a guide, and each invidividual guide would have to stand on its own - not the name of the author attached to it, nor the guides that author may have written in the past.

I realize a lot of people are hesistant about including fully-fledged guides since the tips we have already do function quite similarly, and because they don't want us to become like .com or .org. But I think a lot of you will be pleasantly surprised by what's in the pipeline, and a lot of those fears will be groundless.

And let's be honest - tips aren't utilized all that much anyway. Many trophies are missing any sort of information/guide, and because of that there are a lot of members here who, despite loathing the other sites, go there for their info. At the very least, transitioning to a system that uses full guides won't hurt much, and at best, it could make us even more independent and kick-ass.

Edited by Curb
  • Like 3

I said I wouldn't really reveal any more, because to be honest until anything happens they're all just ideas, and it may come to pass that Sly doesn't implement them. But I will say that the system he wants to implement would completely do away with issues of favoritism and elitism that you find on other sites. Everyone would have the opportunity to do a guide, and each invidividual guide would have to stand on its own - not the name of the author attached to it, nor the guides that author may have written in the past.

I realize a lot of people are hesistant about including fully-fledged guides since the tips we have already do function quite similarly, and because they don't want us to become like .com or .org. But I think a lot of you will be pleasantly surprised by what's in the pipeline, and a lot of those fears will be groundless.

And let's be honest - tips aren't utilized all that much anyway. Many trophies are missing any sort of information/guide, and because of that there are a lot of members here who, despite loathing the other sites, go there for their info. At the very least, transitioning to a system that uses full guides won't hurt much, and at best, it could make us even more independent and kick-ass.

I am skeptical, but I'll keep an open mind on this. If a guide system was introduced I would certainly participate.

• Like 1