Greatest Disappointment of the Year 2018!

ARIXANDRE

3 hours ago, OneSkillPoint said:

Definitely Sony's idiotic censorship policy. Also, Fallout 76. What were they thinking??? Actually never mind... they were thinking cash grab. 

Are you talking the 59.99? Or all those extra packages that make it 79, 89, 99 and so on. Cause personally I think we're lucky that base games go for 60 bucks. Who knows how long that will last. Some games already lock sections that force you to get DLC if you want them. 

In Switzerland everything is much mre expensive. AAA games are usually 80-90. Especially if you want a version with a season pass or the sorts. Then it can get even more expensive at times

15 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

In Switzerland everything is much mre expensive. AAA games are usually 80-90. Especially if you want a version with a season pass or the sorts. Then it can get even more expensive at times

Ah ok, I forget sometimes, the crazy prices people face for games in other parts of the world. In that case yeah, you're absolutely right!

2 hours ago, lettmon said:

What is this Sony censorship everyone here talking about? This is the only place and time I heard of it.

That's because none of the mainstream media sites will touch the subject and Sony ban devs from talking about the certification process. 

Basically, Sony now ignores the rating bodies and just censors what it doesn't like. To be more precise, Sony US, based in California, do as they have been given full control to roll out global "standards". This means even Japanese games only ever to be released in Japan are judged by California standards. All documentation, including questions and complaints, have to be in English and goto the US, so if none of your staff speak English you're screwed. 

Games have been banned and heavily censored on PS4. Funny thing is, these same game are NOT censored on Switch (because this isn't a rating oard thing, it's a Sony "moral" crusade.).

17 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

That's because none of the mainstream media sites will touch the subject and Sony ban devs from talking about the certification process. 

Basically, Sony now ignores the rating bodies and just censors what it doesn't like. To be more precise, Sony US, based in California, do as they have been given full control to roll out global "standards". This means even Japanese games only ever to be released in Japan are judged by California standards. All documentation, including questions and complaints, have to be in English and goto the US, so if none of your staff speak English you're screwed. 

Games have been banned and heavily censored on PS4. Funny thing is, these same game are NOT censored on Switch (because this isn't a rating oard thing, it's a Sony "moral" crusade.).

What games specifically and what about them is being censored? I also have never heard of this. I follow small gaming channels on YT and none of them have mentioned it. Even Jim Sterling, who doesn't give a shit who he pisses off, has yet to mention it.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

What games specifically and what about them is being censored? I also have never heard of this. I follow small gaming channels on YT and none of them have mentioned it. Even Jim Sterling, who doesn't give a shit who he pisses off, has yet to mention it.

There's literally a thread here listing and discussing the censored games. There are too many for me to list now. 

Edit: this is old, but has pictures. Since been confirmed by numerous devs to be the cause of delayed and neutered games on ps4

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/sony_underfire_in_renewed_ps4_censorship_row

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I have 2:

Red Dead Redemption 2

Fallout 76

The thing is with the latter is it's more than just the game that was disappointing, it's easy to get over that. But Bethesda feel like they're imploding with PR disaster followed by PR disaster and they're really taking a heavy hit from this. A shoddy game would have been one thing but everything else piling on top I actually feel bad for them, kind of, even though they brought it on themselves.

I've almost lost track of what's happening with them lately, every day its a new story. First it was the shoddy launch, then there was the discount controversy, then the "refund" controversy, then the bloody bags... When will it end?

The way loot boxes have really been taking off, and the fact there has been no traction in the US in getting anyone to even try to legally dial it back. 

Also Microsoft purchasing Ninja Theory. I mean, it's great for Ninja Theory and I am happy for them! Just not so good for me. ? I do hope all these Microsoft purchases get Xbox some good traction though. The better Xbox does the better Sony customers will fare after all. Competition is good for everyone but shareholders. ?

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Do you know why nobody is reporting on this? Because it's targeting pedo anime shit, just like I suspected. It would be career suicide even for Jim Sterling to challenge this. 

It honestly doesn't surprise me that a bunch of weebs on this site are trying to justify outrage on removing pedophilic content coming out of Japan. All that Lolita and Lolly shit has to go. If you guys have a problem with that seek immediate psychological evaluation. Keep the fuck away from parks and schools please.

I'm not sure what games or whatever you're referencing...?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said about Loli shit, people justifying sexual images designed around clearly underage girls because "lol the character is actually 200 years old so it's not pedo lololol" bullshit. It's pedophilic, simple as. But, how does this relate to the censorship thing? It's not pedo content being censored from what I've read, it's mostly just stupid stuff that doesn't need censorship. I'm sure if it was pedo content then no one would be defending it.

Unless you're making assumptions just because some censorship is from Anime games in which case... *cough* NOT ALL ANIME STUFF IS LIKE THAT. Anime gets so much undeserved hate from people who aren't interested in it.

EDIT: And even if some pedo stuff is censored, that doesn't justify this wave of over-censorship on numerous other titles. I expect pedo shit to be censored, that's a no brainer, but what about all the other nonsense? It's easy to try and find one game that's justifiably censored and try to argue that those anti-censorship protestors want that shit. But truth is, if it's justifiably censored they don't want it either!

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

13 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

What the hell  does that even mean?

Can we please stop spamming the word trolling   whenever we  see something we don't like?  To you, they may be "masterpieces", to me no. The thread itself asks  for subjective opinions, where  have I stated something false? Fallout 76 and Battlefield 5 (yeah I missclicked, that surely means I'm a troll right? Go take your medications) are a commercial failure, rdr2 online betas have exaggerated prices, I didn't like  how in DQ11 you could not form a monster party  like in DQ8 and preferred DQ8's characters and consider it a stepback from DQ' 9's classes,   I preferred the previous God Of War's combat   and yeah I stand from what I said about the new Spiderman and the let's go games shits on the competitive side of the game. Let's hear it,  what's my plan? What am I trying to do?  I'm some Microsoft employee  shitting on Nintendo and Sony's exclusives so that people who visit this forum will go  to Xbox next gen? Lmao, you're delusional.

You seemed angry in your original post, Most of us who bought Battlefield 5 where aware that it was incomplete before buying it. I don't think people would think this about Spider-man at all, Not everyone liked it and I am one of those people. Anyway the post was sure to get some backlash and it's not the end of the world. Let's all take medication.

Thought this was about games of 2018 and not censorship

For 2018 I'd say Space Hulk Deathwing, the Mp is lack luster and the Sp is so slow and boring.

Now if you could go through he game with a friend on the story mode while collecting the collectables and seeing the story that would of made it so much better.

Still at 70% and haven't gone back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Thought this was about games of 2018 and not censorship

For 2018 I'd say Space Hulk Deathwing, the Mp is lack luster and the Sp is so slow and boring.

Now if you could go through he game with a friend on the story mode while collecting the collectables and seeing the story that would of made it so much better.

Still at 70% and haven't gone back.

It's also about why a game was the most disappointing, so the discussion is fair enough. You are right that I didn't specify a specific game though, so let's say omega labyrinth, given it wasn't even released in the west due to Sony's new censorship policy. 

2 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I'm not sure what games or whatever you're referencing...?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said about Loli shit, people justifying sexual images designed around clearly underage girls because "lol the character is actually 200 years old so it's not pedo lololol" bullshit. It's pedophilic, simple as. But, how does this relate to the censorship thing? It's not pedo content being censored from what I've read, it's mostly just stupid stuff that doesn't need censorship. I'm sure if it was pedo content then no one would be defending it.

Unless you're making assumptions just because some censorship is from Anime games in which case... *cough* NOT ALL ANIME STUFF IS LIKE THAT. Anime gets so much undeserved hate from people who aren't interested in it.

EDIT: And even if some pedo stuff is censored, that doesn't justify this wave of over-censorship on numerous other titles. I expect pedo shit to be censored, that's a no brainer, but what about all the other nonsense? It's easy to try and find one game that's justifiably censored and try to argue that those anti-censorship protestors want that shit. But truth is, if it's justifiably censored they don't want it either!

Exactly this. The problem has never been paedo shit because that is already banned under existing censorship (certification) bodies. It's the fact that Sony California have said "no, the current status of what is allowed in adult rated games is too tolerant, we aren't going to allow this" and proceeded to censor and ban material a cross the world. Inevitably their censorship just relates to representations of the female body and sexuality. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Do you know why nobody is reporting on this? Because it's targeting pedo anime shit, just like I suspected. It would be career suicide even for Jim Sterling to challenge this. 

It honestly doesn't surprise me that a bunch of weebs on this site are trying to justify outrage on removing pedophilic content coming out of Japan. All that Lolita and Lolly shit has to go. If you guys have a problem with that seek immediate psychological evaluation. Keep the fuck away from parks and schools please.

You know, I think you're a cool guy and since you're one of the older members on this website some of us should be looking up to you. But personally it doesn't surprise me that some people on this website nitpick every little detail, that's why I can't take them seriously when it comes to censorship.

Censorship sucks and has always sucked. But we can be doing a much better job than playing Democrat vs Republican, where our own views are clouded by what some asshat has said on the internet. I have no qualms against Jim Sterling but it boggles me how so many people see him as this savior and speaker of this generation.

Because of the anonymity of the internet it has gotten to the point of being pathetic. I decided to leave Facebook and Twitter because of bullshit, I got sick and tired of drama being everywhere I went on those websites. I don't want this place to be another drama filled shithole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I was going to say. This is the only place where this 'censorship' is discussed because it does not matter. We will have our normal games and they won't have their pedo games, big deal.