Fastest event farming 30-45 sec cycles, over a 100 per hour

optimusmart

11 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I just had a user on youtube, popped for them on 230.

I dunno guys whats causing it, im busy on RE2 ;)

Well, I'm super confused now.  It finally popped so the method works, but it popped on #124 of my new character.  I was taking notes to post so I'll just leave them here.

-------

Confirmed events: 124

Backed up at: 10, 25, 50, 75, and 100

89 minutes - 1.39 events per minute

Levels:

1~50 = lvl 14

50~100 = lvl 18

100~124 = lvl 20

Glitches:

Glitch #1 at 83, reset to 75

• Broke drafting table and both the table and materials fell through the world.
  • Occurred at Fort Finch

Notes:

• Sometimes when breaking the drafting table there will be a a stutter.  I think crashes may be due to the stutter plus the auto save function occurring at the same time.  While running the events I let all notifications fade and would start the next one.
  • I started a new character but used the same world that I started event farming with.
  • XP rewards and money rewards scaled with level.
  • When uploading the back ups I never changed the clock back to normal in order to reset eggs

-------

Luckily this doesn't seem to be happening to everyone, but if you are having issues with this trophy I hope this helps.  I estimate that I ran around 400 events across all characters.

• Like 3

So as of tonight, I have my second platinum! I figured out a better method based off of the original method that optimusmart has provided. So at first, I made my new universe just called "EGG" and ran my character through to Fort Finch and then started to complete the Easter event. Wanting to double check if the eggs that you need to break would stay around after many completions of the Easter quest, I completed it again and then went to another zone and back to Fort Finch and sure enough those same eggs were still there despite the event quest being done. HOWEVER! I figured out a workaround that makes this method even faster, it's also safer on your universe.

Here is what I did:

First, I set my console to the correct date and then made a new universe to go to Fort Finch where I would again collect the eggs I needed for the Easter event quest.

Once I had completed the quest, instead of setting the date a year forwards or backwards, you can regenerate the universe by pressing X on the cog button next to your universe on the universe list before starting the game.

Regenerating the universe helps clear all of the egg build-up that the game leaves behind and it also resets the event quest, allowing you to do it again!

Through this loop, I was able to get 200 event quests completed and the trophy earned! Hopefully, others will achieve similar results! :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AquastarG said:

So as of tonight, I have my second platinum! I figured out a better method based off of the original method that optimusmart has provided. So at first, I made my new universe just called "EGG" and ran my character through to Fort Finch and then started to complete the Easter event. Wanting to double check if the eggs that you need to break would stay around after many completions of the Easter quest, I completed it again and then went to another zone and back to Fort Finch and sure enough those same eggs were still there despite the event quest being done. HOWEVER! I figured out a workaround that makes this method even faster, it's also safer on your universe.

Here is what I did:

First, I set my console to the correct date and then made a new universe to go to Fort Finch where I would again collect the eggs I needed for the Easter event quest.

Once I had completed the quest, instead of setting the date a year forwards or backwards, you can regenerate the universe by pressing X on the cog button next to your universe on the universe list before starting the game.

Regenerating the universe helps clear all of the egg build-up that the game leaves behind and it also resets the event quest, allowing you to do it again!

Through this loop, I was able to get 200 event quests completed and the trophy earned! Hopefully, others will achieve similar results! :D

This works perfectly. I had around 250-300 events done with the original method, crashes and what not.

Started a new world and got the trophy at 115 events.

• Like 1

The backout method worked with a new character and world. The crashes are related to how many eggs are in that place as I have a fort finch on my level 30 that crashes 100% of the time so the person who said this further up is correct. The fast method DOES work but because you don't back out the eggs just keep gathering up so getting 200 is pure luck at that point.   

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 4:33 AM, optimusmart said:

Thanks for the info, could I just ask though, had you played coop, local/online at any point 0-200 events??

Thanks

Hey yea, sorry for the late response, I had actually played Co-op for around five events prior to starting this method with a friend who had not completed any prior to that. Then I did five more legitimately on my own, and the other 190 with the method.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have some questions regarding this trophy/method:

1) Is any option to check how many events i've completed?

2) If it is crashed for me and if i start new world with old character - i will be able to unlock this trophy or i should create a new character as well?

Thank You in advance!

On 17/02/2019 at 9:03 PM, ModeOfAdam said:

Hello,

I have some questions regarding this trophy/method:

1) Is any option to check how many events i've completed?

2) If it is crashed for me and if i start new world with old character - i will be able to unlock this trophy or i should create a new character as well?

Thank You in advance!

Hiya

1. Unfortunately not, I know, its annoying.

2. To be ultra safe, I would keep everything fresh, even the character and only change the date when you are on the title screen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for this guide bruh, worked like a charm.

I've been regenerating world after each event instead of changing clock so it took a little more time, around 1 minute per egg. Also I used my main character with all islands unlocked. It popped after 206 according to my counting but that might not be 100% accurate (though I paid enough attention and I'm pretty sure it is). However I have not experienced any freezes or crashes some people mentioned over this thread. 

Good work! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I completed +200 event with my first character ( by changing the date ) : no trophy

So i made a new world and a new character and completed 220 event ( by reseting the world ) : no trophy. 

What should i do ? Keep farming 40-50 event ? Or delete the game , the save , and start again from 0 ?

EDIT : I deleted everything and started again. The trophy unlocked at 240th events ( so + 600 event in total ). 

Edited by Krove-34

On 5/8/2019 at 0:52 PM, Krove-34 said:

I completed +200 event with my first character ( by changing the date ) : no trophy

So i made a new world and a new character and completed 220 event ( by reseting the world ) : no trophy. 

What should i do ? Keep farming 40-50 event ? Or delete the game , the save , and start again from 0 ?

EDIT : I deleted everything and started again. The trophy unlocked at 240th events ( so + 600 event in total ). 

Something similar happened to me. I level up 2 characters to lvl 30 while doing the events but nothing. I had to delete everything and start again but this time I duped whatever eggs i had on me with my failed save. One thing i noticed with my 2 failed attempts is that when it glitched, there were 2 island full of eggs and I guess something went wrong in my file. Trophy unlocked on my thirds character at 205 event quest done.

Edited by AnGEIHisPANo

• 4 weeks later...

After getting the trophy for 50 events i started counting gold. I get 230 for every completed quest. According to my gold i have done 252 events and Dedicated Knight hasn't popped.

What should i do? Delete all saves and start fresh? I keep regenerating the world. Do you wait for the Completed Quest message to disappear before breaking the Drafting table with the pickaxe?

Edit. Unbelievable, it popped at 257. Bitching in the internet always works

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Knochentrocken93 said:

Does it still work with the latest update(Elves, Rogues and Rifts)? Instead of the notification that you completed the Quest it now says that you completed the Event. Did anyone got it after this update or did they fixed the exploit ? 

Latest achiever got this trophy and the platinum within a week, so yes it should still work

• 1 month later...

Ok i just got this trophy yesterday...at last...

For all methods i used the easter event.

My first time i used the skip date method for around 300 times and didnt get it ( i sometimes did other events that popped up, and played multiplayer in between too)

Then i used the reset world method for 280 times (with no multiplayer or anything in between) same character...still no trophy...

The last method i did was backing up my save file to the cloud...then erasing my save file on the hd and started a new character, went to world 1-3 and reset the world after each event. only adjusting the date before i logged in the game first time...at around 230 tries it popped!

Hope it can help others.

• 4 months later...

THis method worked for me and it dinged exactly at 200:

1) set clock to 4/1/2018

2) Did the event & Broke drafting table

3) Set clock to 2019

4) Warp to new area with event

5) Repeat 2-4 changing year back and forth from 2018 / 2019 until i do it 10 times

6) Leave & Regenerate

7) Repeat 2-6 until i got to 200

• 3 weeks later...

I also did the date change trick and had some notes about it:

1. Make sure you're in offline mode. While this doesn't stop the game from crashing, it does stop the server from interfering. I have a feeling that the game does attempt to communicate to the Portal Knights server for some things like whether you should receive things in your mailbox and what not. If changing the dates causes a desync, the server may have a miscommunication and record your event count either where it was last known or incorrectly count your event timer.

2. While you're online, you have a higher chance of causing a server crash.

3. If you were unable to return to main menu at any point, your event counter can be lost.

4. Don't go into sleep mode, this has a chance to break your game counter. Especially don't go into sleep mode, come back to your PS4, change the date and then go back into the game. This will definitely have a high chance of crashing your game.

--

Some "counting" tricks.
At Level 30, you will receive 230 gold (I had received 230 gold on every turn in so I based my number on this. If yours is different but the same on every turn in, use that number instead) on completion of the event.

If you have 0 completed events, you should have 46,000 gold + the amount you had by the time this event has popped.

For example:

If you have 25,000 gold when you started, write that down.

And you have an estimated 130 Events to go.

25,000 + (130 x 230) = 54,900 gold is when your trophy should pop.

In reverse logic:

If you wrote down you started with 25,000 and currently you have 40,180 gold: (40,180 - 25,000) / 230 = # events done (in this case, 66).

--

Alternatively, you can move the year forward by 1 for every event count. The PS4 stops counting at 2099 and rolls back over to 2000.

So you can start at 2020 and when you move to 2021, that is 1 completed event.

By the time you hit 2099, you have done 79 events.

--

If you really enjoyed Portal Knights and want a free leveled up character, you can start a new character and use it to do this event. At Level 15, you get 1/10th of a level per turn in, but the gold counting trick doesn't work because the gold value is different.

At Level 15, you get 55 Gold per turn in.

At Level 16, you get 65 Gold per turn in.

So all the math is different.

But all in all, what you can at least count on is if you have exceeded 40,000 gold on a fresh new character, your event counter was bugged.

--

Events carry over to different characters. To force save more frequently, you can also switch characters every 10-20 completed Events.

--

Based on my experience:
I simply changed the month forward and backwards so that it was always 4/1/2020 moving to 5/1/2020, then changing it back immediately to 4/1/2020.
So every cycle was actually 2 date changes. One to move the month forward, then one to move it back which will retrigger the event.

I had done 200 events on my count and the trophy didn't pop.

After doing 210 events on my count, I changed to my Level 30 Rogue and did 20 Events.
Then I changed to my Level 15 Archer.

Trophy popped 2 turn ins after hitting Level 16.

Edited by ShianKiri

• 2 months later...

Possibly bad question.... Should I disconnect from the internet if doing this?

I see the above poster say use offline mode. Is there an offline mode in Portal Knights (haven't seen it while playing)? Or should I just completely disconnect from my internet.

Edited by naotsugulh

• 2 months later...

JUST DID THIS

Just wanted to add that you can do multiple sessions and have it workout. I accidentally started my world up in 2020, but then turned my time back and still went ahead and got it by resetting the world each time. Took me 4 hours with resetting the world each time and being kinda lax about it, like not being at top efficiency, although I was beaming through the key presses at one point. Thanks for the help guys.

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2019 at 0:23 AM, Jounochi said:

I’ll be doing the same tonight.  Gonna use the same world but hopefully the new character will be enough.  Every 10 runs I’m backing out and uploading to the cloud to prevent corruption.

Did it work with this? Every 10 time upload save and then you’re solid?