Anthem Causing PS4 Consoles To Shut Down During Gameplay

11 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

I didn't say you were defending it (this time). You just love to (intentionally, I hope) misinterpret posts to prove your points. This isn't the first time, after all. :) You are completely right though. I have no intention of playing the game. I do think numerous crashes, bugs, glitches and downgraded content is more than enough to warrant some negative comments about a game. Just because I have no intention of playing it doesn't mean I can't have opinions about its quality or current state. I have no intention of visiting North Korea, but I can still have opinions about their regime. I don't see how a lack of monetary investment, or not wasting the finite time I have left on this planet, disqualifies me from having and voicing an opinion - but please enlighten me.

I guess watching recordings of the aforementioned issues or reading numerous posts and reports doesn't count. I might as well join the Flat Earth society.

I haven't misinterpreted anything at this point. Hell, I feel a little clairvoyant at this point considering that content of the posts after mine.  I am not attempting to take your voice away. I could start a discussion about the what I enjoyed, disliked, and offer constructive criticism about the game. Your opinion would be less informed but you're more than welcome to it.

Yes, you can watch issues and be aware of their existence. A list of all cons is petty...hey I remember saying this an hour ago. 

13 minutes ago, Gage said:

If you consider hyperbolic posts on reddit to be proof then sure. 

After reading some of these posts most of them are just solved by booting the ps4 into safe mode and rebuilding database which you would not be able to do if the console was truly bricked.

It seems BioWare doesn’t have a great grasp of the frostbite engine. Ever since they migrated to it, the games developed on it have been nothing but a bug and glitch fest in my experience. Surprised to see that it’s so bad that consoles are being bricked. 

Edited by GooeyChew
Correcting grammar

A few people post on reddit that their systems are "bricked". Its found out later that the systems are not in fact bricked, they just needed to be rebooted into safe mode to have the file system repaired. A problem that can happen from any game causing the system to crash.  Youtubers make mass click bait videos about how the game is destroying consoles. Sheep watch these videos and spread the rumors. Now everyone believes this is a thing, based on a handful of dumb people making posts on reddit. Isn't the internet great!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

This is just another way to spread hating versus this game, I'm playing it since D1 and these are all just jokes.

Never had problem with Anthem and I'll never have, never crashed.

But you forget, these people have never played the game so obviously they know more than those of us who have played the game ?

6 hours ago, Hakoom said:

well iam glad i got no issues 

i played the game for over 60 hours

i only got twice the blue screen and few d/c here and there

guess iam lucky lol

I had a pretty good run also apart from on day 2 I experienced about 5 d/c’s in less than an hour. But since the latest patch I’ve experienced the console crash twice upon closing the app (using Ps4 pro)

Edited by Knightmare_1985
Typos

So happy i avoided this game. Would have felt like shit if i actually spent 60 bucks on it. After this my expectations for Dragon Age are very low. Guess that's a good thing since if it is even slightly better then Anthem i might actually buy it.

It doesn't break your PlayStation 4, you may just suffer a hard crash. Which could happen to almost any PlayStation 4 game due to various bugs.
As long as you backup all your saves to the cloud as backup, you basically lose nothing from a hard crash.

Just more clickbait taking advantage of people's meme like hate of the game.

• Like 1

Too much to read but are there even substantial proof? It feels like people would say whatever these days to add hate or try to get others not to buy a game. :/

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Too much to read but are there even substantial proof? It feels like people would say whatever these days to add hate or try to get others not to buy a game. :/

EA has said they are aware of the problem and want people experiencing this issue to submit the reports. There are Several people who have played the game that has reported about this. It's not just overheating since it fucks up your power button in some cases and forces you to unplug and plug in the power cord again.

I like Laymen Gaming and YongYea and watch them regularly, but I personally think this is story is bullshit. None of them bothered with any fact checking or corroboration. The story is literally "Anthem is crashing and some guy on Reddit said his console won't turn on." But they are hyping it up like this is some fucking PSA and people are in danger. "ANTHEM IS BRICKING CONSOLES!!!1!!one!" It's shit. They don't even have a story from a second user saying their console was also ruined to even make the word console plural. I'm very sad about the effort that went into sensationalizing this story, instead of covering this story.

• Like 2

This Anthem hate train has been fascinating to watch. Nobody's consoles are breaking from a game crash. That doesn't even make sense.

This entire past month for this game has been such a strange release. You've got people on one side trying to tear the game down at every opportunity and then people on the other side defending glaring flaws in a project that clearly was not ready to be called anything more than a beta. 

Nothing is ever allowed to just be average in this industry

• Like 2