Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important To You?

Wavergray

Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important?

@proud2bNs maybe cause I did play like a souls game and my built was kinda awful ( can’t argue there lol ) it was harder and did require a lot of I would say practice cause I am lvl 450 and I do die with 2-3 hits even in the first one lvl 435 still the same and facing 2 bosses that insta kill you I mean yeah harder than souls! ranking would be 5/10 souls games with dlc and no shortcuts and nioh 6/10 including dlc! Just to print my numbers I see others do so that’s mine!

1/10- extremely easy

2/10- very easy

3/10- easy

4/10- moderate 

5/10- challenging 

6/10- very challenging 

7/10- hard

8/10- very hard

9/10- extremely hard

10/10- extreme 

Edited by totakos1
  • Like 1

No they aren't.  In fact I've found that a UR plat for the type of games I play is indicative more of a game's lack of quality combined with awful time consuming trophies than a game that is actually worth playing and requires skill to plat.  I don't see URs as showing anything besides a player being willing to put up with a lot of boring crap to get a plat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I agree with you that vanquish isn't a 10, I'd personally rate it an 8 but what I'm saying is the challenge presented in vanquish is still a challenge no matter how much harder games are out there. For example games such as Tetris effect, splasher, Cloud berry Kingdom and assetto corsa aren't any less of a 10 just because they aren't as long or hard as crypt which is also a 10. 

I don't disagree. So now I'm not quite sure I understand your point. 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You’ve convinced me.

So…

Attacking Zegeta 2 - 10/10

Attacking Zegata - 9/10

Crypt of the Necrodancer - 3/10

Everything else - 1/10

wait…

… this scale has become less useful somehow…

:hmm::hmm:

?

The attacking Zegata games don't belong on the scale because, as far as we know, there is no way to beat them. 

The moderation shows extreme favouritism, so you know that post is going to stay, lmao. 

EDIT: Whoa, @DaivRules someone broke rule 6 (a staff member, no less) and we're being civil to each other. You may want to nuke this bitch of a thread. 

Edited by CelestialRequiem

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

No they aren't.  In fact I've found that a UR plat for the type of games I play is indicative more of a game's lack of quality combined with awful time consuming trophies than a game that is actually worth playing and requires skill to plat.  I don't see URs as showing anything besides a player being willing to put up with a lot of boring crap to get a plat.

That sounds kind of like a you problem and I'm not really sure what the point of your post was

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm pretty sure that you are thinking on "Omega Quintet" whilst writing that xD

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

I'm pretty sure that you are thinking on "Omega Quintet" whilst writing that xD

Along with Sorcery Saga and MeiQ.  UR plats are rare with JRPGs that are actually really enjoyable.  The majority are mediocre at best with shitty trophy lists.  If I based what I played on just rarity, I'd be playing a lot of not fun games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Along with Sorcery Saga and MeiQ.  UR plats are rare with JRPGs that are actually really enjoyable.  The majority are mediocre at best with shitty trophy lists.  If I based what I played on just rarity, I'd be playing a lot of not fun games.

Aw, and I had Sorcery Saga on my backlog... Still will play it someday... But you are right, usually UR plats on RPGs means not fun things...

Not really, kinda like a nice bonus. I'll play what I like to try to platinum it if I can. Honestly, I should have no ultra rare trophies with my skill level on most games!

Everybody is at different levels and skills in regards to gaming, and a sense of accomplishment will differ from person to person. If a game is too easy for you then you can create your own difficulty beyond the trophies. Speedruns, no hit runs, getting really good at online play and so on.

Challenging yourself is great, but getting trophies should be fun at the end of the day!

Edited by GloriousFury9414
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

Stuff about Sekiro, Souls games being super easy platinums. For most people they would be delighted with getting a platinum along those lines and aren't easy to the average guy.

So what exactly is elitist about not finding those games difficult...? You aren't making any sense. 

16 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

So what exactly is elitist about not finding those games difficult...? You aren't making any sense. 

Well, maybe not elitism is the right word. Maybe too much stock is taken into difficulty, as you can create your own difficulty away from trophies it if thats your jam. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things when it comes to trophies. Most top end gamers don't care about trophies.

Your good at Vanquish by the looks of things, you gave that a 4. It's all subjective as several gave it higher. 

Just now, GloriousFury9414 said:

Your good at Vanquish by the looks of things, you gave that a 4. It's all subjective as several gave it higher. 

I also said in a later post that for newcomers, it's going to be higher. I gave it a 4 because I've been playing it for years. It doesn't have anything to challenge me. But for a newcomer, it certainly would. Which is why I said for novices, it's going to be higher. 

Sorry man, I just don't like difficulty conversations to be labeled as "elitism" just because it's now an esoteric thing to want to be stimulated by being challenged in a game. If I was being like "VANQUISH IS EZ YOU ALL JUST SUCK LMAO" then I could get your point. But the discussion was, the scale of which we rate difficulty. There was no gate-keeping or any attempt to segregate people from the conversation. 

You and someone else claimed the difficulty discussion to be "elitism" and that's kind of absurd. I recommend looking inward if you're finding conversations about difficult games to be "elitist". Now, that statement is for anyone who calls that discussion "elitist", as you admitted you had the wrong choice of words there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CelestialRequiem said:

You and someone else claimed the difficulty discussion to be "elitism" and that's kind of absurd. I recommend looking inward if you're finding conversations about difficult games to be "elitist". Now, that statement is for anyone who calls that discussion "elitist", as you admitted you had the wrong choice of words there. 

I've changed it as it seems to bother you so much. Happy?

Honestly, your telling people to 'look inward' and your making such a fuss of something completely pointless yourself and I didn't even think anything much of it when I posted it. Clearly, you are sensitive to such minor issues regardless if it's aimed at me or not. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

I didn't even think anything much of it when I posted it.

Glad we identified the problem. You didn't think before posting. 

Well, it's not that I'm sensitive, I'm just tired of this topic being viewed as elitist. That was the point of my little rant there. People discouraging that sort of dialogue are ridiculous. That was my point. 

Good luck to you; I'm done responding to your posts, regardless of what you put. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Glad we identified the problem. You didn't think before posting. 

Well, it's not that I'm sensitive, I'm just tired of this topic being viewed as elitist. That was the point of my little rant there. People discouraging that sort of dialogue are ridiculous. That was my point. 

Good luck to you; I'm done responding to your posts, regardless of what you put. 

Nothing wrong with difficulty, never said that. Just said it's different for everybody.

Likewise, no point continuing this further. Your just delicate around such matters ? (just joking around, please dont take this literally) 

All the best to you and anyways back on topic.

Do ultra rare trophies matter to you!?!?

6 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I really doubt that someone in this site use the term "Elitist" on a non-pejorative way...

?Me too - my point was, maybe that shouldn’t be the case though?

After all - we respect elite play - just look at how much people like watching speed runs or ‘perfect run’ type vids etc…

…we just call it something different.

We actually generally admire ‘elitism’ in a lot of contexts - we only bristle at it when elite players try to judge other non-elite players by their own standards :dunno:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

We actually generally admire ‘elitism’ in a lot of contexts - we only bristle at it when elite players try to judge other non-elite players by their own standards :dunno:

Your actually right here and kinda what I was trying to get at and your Bolt comparison. I'm not a great writer, so sometimes things can take taken out of context.

How can you not be impressed by somebody who has a tough game/platinum if your a trophy hunter, just the measurement of it with the difficulty rating what I was trying to bring up is it's hard to quantify.

People should just play what they like though!

• Like 1