What Platinum trophy broke you and why ?

ajkungfu

Dragonball Xenoverse.

Well it hasn’t broken me but it caused me to take a long hiatus from it...since last August lol. The rarest and most grindy trophies are unlocking all the techniques, which are linked to the 55 quests. The problem is they’re RNG based, so you keep completing the quests over and over and just pray you unlock it. And the problem doesn’t stop there, some quests require ultimate finishes, which require certain events to happen which can also be RNG based. So it’s like in inception on RNG.

The grind isn’t that bad, I knocked out half the stages in a week with casual play, 2 more weeks of casual play would be enough but I just can’t force myself to get started on it again with all these other games I’m dying to play. ?

• Like 4

Well not the Platinum itself but...

I decided to play Trails of Cold Steel on my Vita after hearing so much good about this JRPG.

I sink in it, the game was great and was planning to get Plat asap, which makes you to literally 100% game and do 2 playtroughs.

Pretty much at the end of my 1st completionist playtrough, around 70hours in game  my backpack with Vita in it was stolen on my way to work. I was so mad and upset, not because console itself was gone, I could buy another one, but the save itself, which I didn't backup.

After this even if I knew how good this game was and I wanted to know how it ends, I couldn't make myself to play it again. 

Well I'm planning to do it really soon, but this time on PS4 - after this events I try to avoid really long games on Vita

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

SF IV  Pick any trophy I guess lol

Anybody who has the Street Fighter IV platinum gets my respect. I will never do those trials, unless I spend months on them which isn't time I'm willing to spend.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that platinum broke me. Sometimes, I tend to take breaks from getting platinum trophies in games, but I remember that there were a few games that I got so angry at that I decided not to touch them again.

They are:

• Metal Gear Solid Revengeance
  • Star Ocean The Last Hope International
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

A part of me still wants to go back to Wolfenstein II.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Iksde said:

I wouldn't say that platinum broke me. Sometimes, I tend to take breaks from getting platinum trophies in games, but I remember that there were a few games that I got so angry at that I decided not to touch them again.

They are:

• Metal Gear Solid Revengeance
  • Star Ocean The Last Hope International
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

A part of me still wants to go back to Wolfenstein II.

How was the Ninja Gaiden? I really want to play all of 3 games, but damn I heard its quite rough.

Dues Ex: Mankind Divided was one that not necessarily broke me but got me super angry because of the breach trophies which were super glitchy and annoying at times. Foxiest of the Hounds is pretty tricky along with I Never Asked For This. There’s a reason why under 3% of people have gotten the platinum. Great game though and very underrated 

On 6.05.2020 at 4:04 PM, brejdak93 said:

How was the Ninja Gaiden? I really want to play all of 3 games, but damn I heard its quite rough.

I am sorry for such a late response, I saw your post and said to myself I would reply later and I forgot. As for the game, wow, it has been ages since I have last played it, but it should not be too much of a challenge for you since you have gotten yourself a platinum trophy in DMC5, which in my opinion is significantly harder than any Ninja Gaiden. If you like these kinds of games, then you will surely enjoy the run for the platinum. 

I talked to my friend who got the platinum in all of NG games and according to him, NG3 is the worst of them - in general, not in terms of the platinum difficulty.

All-in-all, after looking at your profile, I am quite sure that you can manage to get the trophies without even breaking a sweat.

4 minutes ago, MonochromeJester said:

The Binding of Isaac.

If I could just get my Lost runs finished, I could get the Plat, but I cannot for the life of me get passed Depths 2 with him.

Do you have the Holy Mantle unlocked for him?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

RDR2's replay system was initially extremely difficult to complete gold missions with until recently, and I've lost interest in other platinum trophies after completing 70 gold missions with the requirement of checking off all marks in one run. ?

+

Edited by Angel-CashBag

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. It was just too much. I'd have to play hundreds and hundreds of hours - on top of the 130 I'd already done - to even think about platting it. And that was before I had to use the same broken character to cheese the insanely hard levels of Gauntlet Mode.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Possibly Surgeon Simulator. The Ambulance missions are torture. Doing those speed runs while shit flies all over the place just isn't fun.

Then there's having to A++ everything apart from the secret alien operations. As far as annoyance goes, this is probably #1 on my list out of the 300+ games I've played on my profile.

31 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Possibly Surgeon Simulator. The Ambulance missions are torture. Doing those speed runs while shit flies all over the place just isn't fun.

Then there's having to A++ everything apart from the secret alien operations. As far as annoyance goes, this is probably #1 on my list out of the 300+ games I've played on my profile.

Don‘t you think SMB is a lot harder?

Bread and Surgeon are all about getting used to the controls imo.

54 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Don‘t you think SMB is a lot harder?

Bread and Surgeon are all about getting used to the controls imo.

Super Meat Boy is my hardest, but I enjoyed my time with the game from start to finish, even when I was coming close to the verge of giving up on the platinum.

Surgeon Simulator in contrast has horrible controls. I've done enough already to where I can probably do that eye transplant in under two minutes if I practice enough, but it's a real exercise in patience and willpower.

• Like 2

I would like to say Super Meat Boy or Catherine, but like early posts says, it most a question of having time to master the game.

But, the one who broke me, isn't Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number with this huge levels. Or Ratchet And Clank 2's races on PSVita with this horrible spaceship control.

The one who broke me (and my PSVita joystick) is Muramasa Rebirth. I finished the 2 stories and all sidequests, starting the harder playthrough when I get corrupted saves, had to restart everything after easily ~100h. And I did it, I restart from the begin. I even bought the DLCs to had some new interest. So I finished every stories from each DLCs, training for the speedrun. And after ~70h, get corrupted saves again.

• Like 2

I don't know about being broken by a Platinum but ones that took ages for me to get or ones I have currently given up on getting because I was getting bored and frustrated with them:

Ratchet and Clank UYA or 3 as it is known as here in the UK took me 5 years to platinum on the PS3 due to those damn Qwark vid comic speedruns and A crack in Time took me 9 years because of that mini-game[ another reason for me to smack Qwark with Ratchet's wrench every time I see him ].  I have given up on FF7 remakes platinum in hard mode as I was getting bored with constantly repeating chapters [ particularly for the Dressed Up To The Nines trophy]. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I've posted this enough times at this point, but DOOM 2 is likely the closest thing that may break me. I can make this game easier by downgrading it to version 1.03, but regardless of what I do you have to play Nightmare difficulty in LOCAL CO-OP, which means split screen which greatly limits what you can see.

It was fun way back in the day when we were kids, but to put a bullshit difficulty behind a co-op mode for a trophy required for the platinum is absolute bullshit.

• Like 2

Nothing has "Broken me" However, I am really irritated and annoyed with The Last Kids On Earth And The Staff Of Doom. A few of the trophies glitch, and hence you can not obtain the platinum if you live in the US. Other people that do not live in the US have the platinum. So there is a patch and it just has not been released here in the US. I already contacted the publisher. They used the lame excuse of wanting to add multi player before a patch is released here. 

Edited by sealightbreeze