ajkungfu

What Platinum trophy broke you and why ?

125 posts in this topic

Pretty simple, I wanna hear about platinum trophies that broke you. Whether it be from insane difficulty, grind or whatever reasons you have.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty lucky that I've never really come across a trophy that "broke me".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None.

 

Most would pick Super Meat Boy because of it's difficulty, but I recently earned Girl Boy so it's only a matter of time before I get Impossible Boy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yooka-Laylee. I've mentioned this before in a similar thread but it's worth repeating. Good god getting all the collectibles was a pain. The mini games were annoying and I think they were my main issue. It's been a while since I played so I can't remember details of why I hated it so much as my brain is helpfully blocking the worst bits but everytime I see the game it's like I have PTSD and can't let it go without telling everyone in the room how much trouble I had with it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orcs must die unchained. 1 trophy single handily killed it for me. Empty pockets "spend 200,000,000 gold did just about everything else in that game and was only around 5% done with it. Grinded it up to about 14% before just throwing in the towel.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lurch_9944 said:

Orcs must die unchained. 1 trophy single handily killed it for me. Empty pockets "spend 200,000,000 gold did just about everything else in that game and was only around 5% done with it. Grinded it up to about 14% before just throwing in the towel.

Haha haha......

 

*Screams in agony*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see, it was the plat for Alone With You, some cheap game on the Vita. After I finished that I got word Skyrim was releasing soon on the PS4. I knew as soon as I got into that I'd get fuck all accomplished, so I decided You know what, I'll play the Witcher to kill time till October 2016. Played that for awhile, then switched to Skyrim on release day and played that non stop all the way through to the following January. Then I went on deployment to Qatar and took only my Vita with me. Played through Day of the Tentacle and half assed my way through part of Ar no Surge Plus. When I got home in April 2017, I couldn't remember what I was in the middle of doing in Skyrim, so I switched to No Man's Sky to experience the new content even though I'd platted the game already. Elite Dangerous released the following July of 2017 and I said to myself Yeah, I'll sink...psshh 17 weeks worth of gameplay time into this game no problem. Around August 2018 I decided to get back into The Witcher and also started playing around with mods in Skyrim, which as you know completely block you from earning trophies. Then this last January my wife got me into Final Fantasy XIV and I said you know what, I don't give a rats ass about this trophy shit right now and haven't really since the middle of 2016, then I realized Final Fantasy is awesome again and as soon as I get tired of Final Fantasy XIV I'm going to play through every single Final Fantasy game because Yes We Can.

 

So to answer your question, the plat that broke me was Alone With You because [insert fart noise].

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, damon8r351 said:

Let's see, it was the plat for Alone With You, some cheap game on the Vita. After I finished that I got word Skyrim was releasing soon on the PS4. I knew as soon as I got into that I'd get fuck all accomplished, so I decided You know what, I'll play the Witcher to kill time till October 2016. Played that for awhile, then switched to Skyrim on release day and played that non stop all the way through to the following January. Then I went on deployment to Qatar and took only my Vita with me. Played through Day of the Tentacle and half assed my way through part of Ar no Surge Plus. When I got home in April 2017, I couldn't remember what I was in the middle of doing in Skyrim, so I switched to No Man's Sky to experience the new content even though I'd platted the game already. Elite Dangerous released the following July of 2017 and I said to myself Yeah, I'll sink...psshh 17 weeks worth of gameplay time into this game no problem. Around August 2018 I decided to get back into The Witcher and also started playing around with mods in Skyrim, which as you know completely block you from earning trophies. Then this last January my wife got me into Final Fantasy XIV and I said you know what, I don't give a rats ass about this trophy shit right now and haven't really since the middle of 2016, then I realized Final Fantasy is awesome again and as soon as I get tired of Final Fantasy XIV I'm going to play through every single Final Fantasy game because Yes We Can.

 

So to answer your question, the plat that broke me was Alone With You because [insert fart noise].

does that include comrades :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

does that include comrades :D

 

Don't you ever swear like that at me again.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The boss fight for Momiji's chapter almost made me give up entirely. I always hated her combat style and movements, so I cringed when I saw her return in Razor's Edge.

Edited by SouIXReaper
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthem - Because it destroyed my ps4 pro , after that and after I could finaly get that BR out of it I stoped playing this game

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanquish was the first game that broke me. I just couldn't finish that last challenge.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

The day and time is April 4th 9:41pm.

 

I have played to this date 394 hours and no platinum for orcs must die! unchained.

 

The servers close in about 72 hours.

 

Yep, this game is just hell

I felt physical pain for you just by reading that. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amplitude.

 

I like rhythm games, but this has NO practice mode and NO no-fail mode. There's no way for me to get better at certain parts of certain songs other than restarting a million times until I eventually get it. Its the songs that have the ABCBABCBABCBABC type of notes, my brain just cant wrap around how to do those. I tried the mental thing of seperating it into A -BC - A - BC -A - BC but it just doesnt work. I tried the bootleg way of having no fail mode on with multiplayer, but the camera is way zoomed out and not representative of actual gameplay. 

 

Ive been trying on and off now for months, its just like 3 songs I cant even BEAT consistently...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajkungfu said:

I felt physical pain for you just by reading that. 

5 hours left 

 

Like ive most my mind playing this.

 

I hope I get it 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No platinum truly broke me ,but close to breaking was DMC5. Those S ranks...those stupid S ranks on Dante Must Die. Swear to god the score results for some missions is buggy as hell.

But if there is a Platinum that will beat that it will be Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise. Still working on it, that stupid Doctor Ken trophy is murdering my soul. Why are Japanese developers so in love with rhythm games I simply can't understand.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Diablo 3. The post game grind was unbelievable. I gave up rather than waste my life.

Fallout 4. Final trophy is to max happiness at a settlement, I'm constantly 1% behind despite resorting to following a guide to the letter. I'm convinced it's bugged on me.

Yakuza. I just can't get the mahjong trophies.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain...never again I will never get the platinum trophy for this game ever again. Getting all S ranks on the missions and the having to bloody replay them on  a harder difficulty setting just to get another bloody S rank, developing 300 items that cost so much resources and had to take in game time to make, completing all mission tasks multiple times on normal and harder missions, fully upgrading mother base,raising all staff teams to level 50 and then extracting all wild animals that some are complete random so you may or may not get the specific animal you wanted and in order to find out what animals you got you have to go back into the helicopter to just see which ones you captured. I definitely do not recommend getting the platinum trophy for this game way to time consuming and repetitive it's not worth it.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Injustice 2 Level Grind.
I finished every other Trophy, but the Level Up Grind to get Level 20 on every Champion is a bit to long.
It was way better on the release months but now it takes longer.
Maybe I will grind the last levels for the champs when I'm bored but I didn't planned to do this for the next time.
And also the Grind for the Clan Fight Minigame at Yakuza 6.


Oh and I stopped playing Stardew Valley on PS4 after I saw the Mini Game Trophy.

Edited by YesImAPwnda
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far Cry 2 platinum. Because of that I refuse to play any grindy game ever. If it's more than 50 hours, I'm out. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.