voodoo_eyes

Delisted from PS Store - The Wardrobe

16 posts in this topic

As the title says. The game disappeared from my wishlist on the store (PT). Checked the US and other EU stores as well, and it's also gone from those.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep i can confirm its gone from the Australia store too, this indeed is very strange :hmm: i hope it comes back, was planning on getting this sometime

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit of a shame if that's it for the game. It's a fun enough throwback adventure--if a bit top heavy with the constant references and spotty VA work--and a relatively straightforward platinum for people who just want to breeze through. Fun, but forgettable, is what I'm saying.

 

You can probably still buy and play it on PC; point and clickers don't necessarily translate all that well to the DS4 anyways, so apart from the trophies you won't be missing out on anything by playing it on another platform.

 

Hmm, now that I think about it, its over-reliance on other intellectual properties may well have caused some legal issues ultimately leading to its delisting. We won't know for sure until, if at all, we hear it straight from the devs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should know better than to hesitate if I see a game on sale that I want.  D'oh!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

It's a bit of a shame if that's it for the game. It's a fun enough throwback adventure--if a bit top heavy with the constant references and spotty VA work--and a relatively straightforward platinum for people who just want to breeze through. Fun, but forgettable, is what I'm saying.

 

You can probably still buy and play it on PC; point and clickers don't necessarily translate all that well to the DS4 anyways, so apart from the trophies you won't be missing out on anything by playing it on another platform.

 

Hmm, now that I think about it, its over-reliance on other intellectual properties may well have caused some legal issues ultimately leading to its delisting. We won't know for sure until, if at all, we hear it straight from the devs.

 

Yeah, it's still available on Steam and Switch. It's an odd one as it's been on the PS Store for less than a year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I should know better than to hesitate if I see a game on sale that I want.  D'oh!

 

i don't think it ever appeared on a sale or at least one that was recent.

then again i could be wrong (it's been over 8 years).

 

only remember smurfs 2, korra and transformers delistings ><.

Edited by lordguwa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can also confirm it’s not on Japan or Hong Kong store. Maybe someone should try contacting the developer about this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

 

i don't think it ever appeared on a sale or at least one that was recent.

then again i could be wrong (it's been over 8 years).

 

only remember smurfs 2, korra and transformers delistings ><.

 

It has definitely been on sale in the past few months.  I remember writing it down while perusing big sales and making lists of games I would buy.  My list isn't nearby, so I can't check right now, but I will later.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

my memory has focused a bit more. can't remember the price but more than likely i just skipped over it in favor of cheaper or higher priority games ><.

Edited by lordguwa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit I wanted to check this out but I guess I waited a little too long

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was on sale in January for a tenner  I tweeted them about it. Once/if there is a reply I'll post it here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their response to me:

 

"The game has been delisted on PS4 and Switch due to the early conclusion of commercial agreements with our old publisher. We are looking forward to finding a new partner to make the game available again. We will notify you when it will be possible to buy The Wardrobe on PS4".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Their response to me:

 

"The game has been delisted on PS4 and Switch due to the early conclusion of commercial agreements with our old publisher. We are looking forward to finding a new partner to make the game available again. We will notify you when it will be possible to buy The Wardrobe on PS4".

 

It's odd that they say it's also been delisted for the switch, because it's still on the Nintendo store for 15 bucks..

 

Either way, the chances of this being brought back are very low. I can't think of a single game that has been delisted and ever showed up again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

 

It's odd that they say it's also been delisted for the switch, because it's still on the Nintendo store for 15 bucks..

 

Either way, the chances of this being brought back are very low. I can't think of a single game that has been delisted and ever showed up again.

 

Deadpool was when the movie came out but the publisher obviously had a good reason to there.

 

I suppose I should probably buy it on the Switch while I still can then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.