Delisted from PS Store - The Wardrobe

voodoo_eyes

It's a bit of a shame if that's it for the game. It's a fun enough throwback adventure--if a bit top heavy with the constant references and spotty VA work--and a relatively straightforward platinum for people who just want to breeze through. Fun, but forgettable, is what I'm saying.

You can probably still buy and play it on PC; point and clickers don't necessarily translate all that well to the DS4 anyways, so apart from the trophies you won't be missing out on anything by playing it on another platform.

Hmm, now that I think about it, its over-reliance on other intellectual properties may well have caused some legal issues ultimately leading to its delisting. We won't know for sure until, if at all, we hear it straight from the devs.

10 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

It's a bit of a shame if that's it for the game. It's a fun enough throwback adventure--if a bit top heavy with the constant references and spotty VA work--and a relatively straightforward platinum for people who just want to breeze through. Fun, but forgettable, is what I'm saying.

You can probably still buy and play it on PC; point and clickers don't necessarily translate all that well to the DS4 anyways, so apart from the trophies you won't be missing out on anything by playing it on another platform.

Hmm, now that I think about it, its over-reliance on other intellectual properties may well have caused some legal issues ultimately leading to its delisting. We won't know for sure until, if at all, we hear it straight from the devs.

Yeah, it's still available on Steam and Switch. It's an odd one as it's been on the PS Store for less than a year.

42 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I should know better than to hesitate if I see a game on sale that I want.  D'oh!

i don't think it ever appeared on a sale or at least one that was recent.

then again i could be wrong (it's been over 8 years).

only remember smurfs 2, korra and transformers delistings ><.

Edited by lordguwa

17 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

i don't think it ever appeared on a sale or at least one that was recent.

then again i could be wrong (it's been over 8 years).

only remember smurfs 2, korra and transformers delistings ><.

It has definitely been on sale in the past few months.  I remember writing it down while perusing big sales and making lists of games I would buy.  My list isn't nearby, so I can't check right now, but I will later.

4 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Their response to me:

"The game has been delisted on PS4 and Switch due to the early conclusion of commercial agreements with our old publisher. We are looking forward to finding a new partner to make the game available again. We will notify you when it will be possible to buy The Wardrobe on PS4".

It's odd that they say it's also been delisted for the switch, because it's still on the Nintendo store for 15 bucks..

Either way, the chances of this being brought back are very low. I can't think of a single game that has been delisted and ever showed up again.

9 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It's odd that they say it's also been delisted for the switch, because it's still on the Nintendo store for 15 bucks..

Either way, the chances of this being brought back are very low. I can't think of a single game that has been delisted and ever showed up again.

Deadpool was when the movie came out but the publisher obviously had a good reason to there.

I suppose I should probably buy it on the Switch while I still can then.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The game is coming back, re-launching as the "Even Better" Edition

https://www.exophase.com/game/the-wardrobe-even-better-edition-psn/trophies/

No date, but I presume it's going to be soon!

A list of changes from the Steam Edition (may have more changes as it's been a while since this list was published):

Here you can find a brief list of all the new/improved features you will find in The Wardrobe - Even Better Edition:

- new hints and dialogue lines
- two new achievements (someone already knew about this ;P)
- additional sound effects
- full joypad support
- 12 new easter eggs
- less than half the space now occupied on disk (~3GB vs 6.4GB)
- RAM usage during execution has been drastically decreased! (it was the real bottleneck for the game)
- new post-processing effects in a specific location
- lower loading times at startup
- improved locations' loading system
- dubbing sound quality improved with additional cleaning work on the tracks, removal of some background noise and complete adjustment of silences to give the right rhythm during the dialogues
- language-independent saves, that will allow the player to switch language from main menu and continue a saved run to the new language (previously, once a run had started in a specific language, it was not possible to change it)
- chance to go back to the main menu
- jitter effect on texts
- logical bugs reported by the community & misc video issues fixed
- general improvements

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Already bought and platinumed this back in 2018. I saw the "Even Better Edition" and wondered if it was the same game relisted. Does not show up as "purchased" for me on the store, it's regular price. I didn't see a separate trophy list for this new version. The old version (expired link) is still in my game library, but apparently I can't upgrade to this new version, which is b-shit.