Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Seemingly Confirmed By Voice Actress

ziggypossum

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Seemingly Confirmed By Voice Actress

It appears that Guerrilla Games is currently working on Horizon Zero Dawn 2, despite no sign of an official announcement as yet. Word on a possible sequel to Aloy's open-world adventure comes from voice actress Janina Gavankar, who voiced Tatai in the game's Frozen Wilds DLC expansion.

Talking at this weekend's Star Wars Celebration, Gavankar, who was also dressed as Iden Versio, her character from Star Wars Battlefront II, revealed that a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn is on the way. And what's more, it's looking so good, that "you're gonna die" when you see it. Metaphorically, we hope.

"It's incredible, wait 'til you see the sequel," she reportedly said (according to a post on Reddit, via VideoGamer). "You're gonna die - I know some secrets! - you're gonna die."

Having released back in February 2017, a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn for release later in 2019 or in 2020 seems like it would be well-timed. And since the first game has sold a total of 10 million copies since it launched two years ago, a Horizon Zero Dawn 2 would certainly make sense. Also, the first game was blummin' brill.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-27689-Horizon-Zero-Dawn-2-Seemingly-Confirmed-By-Voice-Actress.html

https://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-2-confirmed-janina-gavankar-leak/

This doesn’t surprise me, although I think HZD2 will be a PS5 launch title. That and, possibly, a new Uncharted game, since there are some rumors that a team is being formed for developing it. Uncharted sells, so it makes sense Sony wants a new one to help selling the PS5.

Given the success of the first game, I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel was a late 2019 or early 2020 release. It'd make sense to push it out in the current gen since there's so many PS4 owners. But I imagine it will be re-released as some sort of "enhanced" version with the next console, whenever that'll be.

44 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

It was obvious they would make another one since so many people enjoyed Horizon so I'm looking forward to the sequel. But I just hope it isn't a disappointment like the first game. -_-

Yeah hopefully it's better in very way than the first because it needs to be. Otherwise it's a hard pass.

28 minutes ago, Carol said:

This doesn’t surprise me, although I think HZD2 will be a PS5 launch title. That and, possibly, a new Uncharted game, since there are some rumors that a team is being formed for developing it. Uncharted sells, so it makes sense Sony wants a new one to help selling the PS5.

Would it be Naughty Dog making Uncharted though? Cause while Bend did a good job with Golden Abyss, no way I'd want anyone else making a main Uncharted game.

1 hour ago, Carol said:

Very true. Uncharted is gonna help with PS5 sales if they do that.

1 hour ago, Feral said:

Would it be Naughty Dog making Uncharted though? Cause while Bend did a good job with Golden Abyss, no way I'd want anyone else making a main Uncharted game.

Not according to the rumor. It will be a new studio, but, apparently, ND will be involved too.

Here are a couple of articles I found about it:

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/www.gamerevolution.com/news/382417-rumor-uncharted-5-become-reality-sony-builds-new-san-diego-studio/%3famp

https://gearnuke.com/sony-hiring-3rd-person-action-game-uncharted-5/

• Like 1

I think the minor cliffhanger and super amount of sales screamed a sequel would be coming. lol I'm just curious as how they can/will alter the gameplay/environment to make it more inviting once again without it feeling like the previous. Story should be engaging to play through again.

4 hours ago, Carol said:

Not according to the rumor. It will be a new studio, but, apparently, ND will be involved too.

Here are a couple of articles I found about it:

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/www.gamerevolution.com/news/382417-rumor-uncharted-5-become-reality-sony-builds-new-san-diego-studio/%3famp

https://gearnuke.com/sony-hiring-3rd-person-action-game-uncharted-5/

Cheers for the links and info. It's all very interesting especially when they said there's people from ND, Guerilla and Sucker Punch in the new studio. So if it is Uncharted 5, it would be in good hands. Add in Naughty Dog sounding like they'll be in a consultant style role and I'm less apprehensive now.

• Like 1

We kinda knew this was coming. The devs have been in interviews where they've openly talked about a sequel like it was a given. They've never kept it a secret. 

It's funny how many people refer to it as "Horizon: Zero Dawn 2" though. I highly doubt the next game will be called Zero Dawn...that was just a sub title for the plot of the game. It's like people calling AC4 strictly "Black Flag". when it was just a sub title. 

Either way, I'm on board. I still need to finish NG+/Very Hard. I pop it in from time to time to make a little progress then tend to forget about it. 

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

How could anyone find it boring? Like honestly? It’s one of the best games to ever come out. I can’t  wait for a sequel.

Different tastes. I found most of it mind numbingly boring. Only non boring bit was Meridian. It's pretty to look at but there's not much going on underneath the surface.

As much as I enjoyed the first HZD I don't feel any excitement for a HZD2. Maybe I've just learnt not to get hyped for sequels like RDR2 that left a bad taste in my mouth as I was hugely disappointed in it (Yes some gamers are allowed to be disappointed in games that are popular by others) 

I've played many games which the first in the series was okish but then part 2 would build up and be better. Hope its the case with HZD