Can we get a filter for this company?

DarkestBOO

On 4/16/2019 at 11:38 PM, dmland12 said:

I bet we'll keep seeing more and more of this.  There's probably still an avalanche yet to come and I doubt Sony's interested in stopping it.

Not everyone can see yet how this is overall a negative for our hobby, but given time I think most will come around.  Probably around the time they start seeing accounts that have been able to quickly buff up their level with almost nothing but this stuff to their own level which took years to build.  Some will stay ahead of it by turning to it themselves with fervor, but I think most people would rather play other things at least some of the time.

A more interesting question is what should we do about it?  The current technique of shaming and arguing is getting nowhere.  I guess we probably just wait, at this point.

The problem is that we make up only a small percentage of the total PSN audience.  Most people who play these games don't care about trophies as much as we do.  While these games are made to appeal to trophy hunters, we make only a small minority of the audience.  Since there are enough of us buying the games to offset the complaints, nothing is getting done.

Edited by LordBilbanes
Double Post

27 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

The weekly threads about these games, and people attacking each other, the name calling, the whoring, the elitism - all of these things are much more toxic to this community, and a much bigger stain on gaming than these EZPZ games themselves will ever be.

Ultimately these threads are about as effective as the one calling for Bethesda to change Mein Leben. Isn't going to happen, and this forum isn't the place to lobby Sony to do anything.

Tbh, it is pretty big when one shitty publisher alone has managed to entirely shame Sony's implementation of trophies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

The weekly threads about these games, and people attacking each other, the name calling, the whoring, the elitism - all of these things are much more toxic to this community, and a much bigger stain on gaming than these EZPZ games themselves will ever be.

Ultimately these threads are about as effective as the one calling for Bethesda to change Mein Leben. Isn't going to happen, and this forum isn't the place to lobby Sony to do anything.

So much truth that it hurts.

• Like 2

On 17/04/2019 at 5:16 AM, Spaz said:

There’s a guy on here I know who has over 19 trophies earned per day on average. He already has over 1000 gold trophies, and his PSN level is just three levels below mine. 

He has around a 78 percent average rarity, while I’m around 46.79 percent. 

Most of my gold trophies came from games that had several of them and were basically fairly easy platinums.

To answer your question, I don’t know, because there is nothing we can do right now.

Pfft,  only 19 trophies per day. Probably needs to step up his game in that case considering how many ezpz there are at this point. (New profile is Thumperwhenselly if you decide to stalk)

I love how we've reached a point where people are asking for a filter to hide games. Cant wait for every PSN game to become a 10/10 game and everyone complain about that in another thread when they get difficult games.

Personally, I don't think the Ratalaika games are that big of a thing, or any of the "ezpz" games arriving.

I'd rather have more games available to play on the ps4 than just 5 games available because the trophy lists are just right.

Trophy system was broken well before ratalaika game along, and one stack per game sure can be a thing, but have fun when every PS4 remaster gets the Okami treatment 

• Like 1

There isn't a bright line between difficult and easy trophies in many cases. For example, take a rare group of trophies like the weapon assignment trophies in the Battlefield 1 DLCs. Many players...including some who often post in these "trophy purity" threads...cheese these trophies by having a friend drop all the DLC guns on the ground. In this case, these otherwise difficult trophies are no more difficult than what's offered in Iron Snout, a game that's given moral heartburn to most in this thread. In an ideal world, I can understand why many are bothered. These games, in the ideal, are corrosive to the value of platinum and gold trophies. But as one person pointed out recently in another thread, over half the trophies on PSN are above 50% rarity on this site: in other words, most trophies on PSN simply aren't that hard to earn. There isn't much consistency in terms of difficulty from game to game in regard to what it takes to earn trophies.

A friend of mine makes pretty good money by earning rare trophies for highly ranked members on this site. Many players also go onto eBay, for instance, and purchase the difficult raid trophies on Destiny 1 and 2: I personally know players who have done this. Sometimes family members play on one account, and it's difficult to know who's playing what titles (I know many who share their accounts with children and/or their wives). There's no way to regulate how trophies are earned, and otherwise difficult trophies are exploited or cheesed constantly, often by those very eager to virtue signal later. It might be best to evaluate each account as one might evaluate a person's résumé, judging for highs and lows by whatever standard you seek to apply, for whatever reasons.

While I do understand the moral angst, I also understand the genie is out of the bottle...

• Like 1

It's easy to ignore these games if you stop putting so much stock in where you're positioned on some leaderboard.

Dozens of "Is this game easy?" or "How many stacks?" threads for every one that releases on the other hand, that is annoying and makes PSNP look like some bastardized version of Twittter.

• Like 1

I'm not one for judging what games people buy and "enjoy". I just wish as a community we didn't support these games, they are devaluing what a platinum is and, more importantly, clogging up the store and ecosystem with shit. We should wish for Playstation to stand for quality games worth our time and money, and for platinums to mean something if we choose to pay interest in them. To people who care about numbers there is no difference between a My Name is Mayo platinum and a Souls one.

Edited by g-bake_1986
  • Like 2

Some of the games are not terrible. Metagal is a serviceable Megaman style game, and Shadow of Loot Box was quite funny. As others have mentioned, trophy lists can usually be earned <1 hour, but the games themselves are usually a fair bit longer. For platinum hunters you only normally need to do the first few levels. 

Hahaha I can see a revival of that ridiculous request for a new leaderboard that leaves out stacked games even though it's pretty unworkable

EDIT: oops I can see it already happened a few pages back

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Mhm Hhm... just like how we complain on politics every single day and we remove friends from our Facebook accounts because we can't agree to disagree while they've turned into liberal/conservative nutjobs.

This forum is nowhere near as bad as others I've seen.

Call him an elitist, whatever. He made a pretty good point on his other thread. My own thread that got locked just goes to show how split and divided we really are when it comes to trophies.

We never had any power in the first place. We're nobody special, we're just gamers who play for fun and accomplishment, and trophies are a big part of those factors.

As much I hate to say this, if some people are really sick and tired of this community, and the fact that people should or shouldn't butt in because they have an opposing opinion, then they should just leave and find something else to do with their time. If this stresses people out this much, then they don't need to be coming on here bitching.

This is the internet, people are going to bitch and complain. I myself know this from over 15 years of using forum websites, some of which I was cast out because I made opinions that everybody else rallied against.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mhm Hhm... just like how we complain on politics every single day and we remove friends from our Facebook accounts because we can't agree to disagree while they've turned into liberal/conservative nutjobs.

Call him an elitist, whatever. He made a pretty good point on his other thread. My own thread that got locked just goes to show how split and divided we really are when it comes to trophies.

We never had any power in the first place. We're nobody special, we're just gamers who play for fun and accomplishment, and trophies are a big part of those factors.

As much I hate to say this, if some people are really sick and tired of this community, and the fact that people should or shouldn't butt in because they have an opposing opinion, then they should just leave and find something else to do with their time. If this stresses people out this much, then they don't need to be coming on here bitching.

This is the internet, people are going to bitch and complain. I myself know this from over 15 years of using forum websites, some of which I was cast out because I made opinions that everybody else rallied against.

(Epic :facepalm:) That's because your thread rubbed people the wrong way...

Just play the games you will enjoy.

Trophy Hunting is about personal satisfaction. If someone jumps ahead of you because of easy plats, just let it go.

There are others who import easy Japanese VN's. Don't see anyone complaining about those 5-30 min skip text adventures. 

The same arguments, with the same answers...each time a new Ratalaika Published game shows up. 

Amusing read like always. Better than reading Weak Era threads on Federer or Djokovic.

----

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Exactly!

To be perfectly honest. Who cares? Should just be easier to find the good games, and by that I don't just mean AAA, I barely play any of those. In fact, I don't need AAA games pushed, I want to see more focus on promoting good indie games.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, MMDE said:

To be perfectly honest. Who cares? Should just be easier to find the good games, and by that I don't just mean AAA, I barely play any of those. In fact, I don't need AAA games pushed, I want to see more focus on promoting good indie games.

You probably already played most of the good ones. But I’m always on the lookout for them as well.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:24 AM, DEI2EK said:

How are the people at the top of the leaderboards gonna stay there if they don’t stack rata shit for days on end? Someone think of hakoom 

i have been on the top way before ratalaika came in to play..

ratalaika is just doing  you guys a favour to catch up to the top

it effects me more than it effects you btw

it took me 6+ years to earn 1000 plats
you guys can do it in 2 years now ;)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

Which is why playing for numbers ultimately means little. 

You got a lot of difficult games completed and I respect that you’ve been trophy hunting since the beginning. 

But it has gotten to the point where people who are around my ranking have over 1000 gold trophies and they only just started around Christmas time last year. While barely anything on their list is something that takes effort. Maybe Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice but that is simply the most popular game out right now so that’s understandable. 

Some of the people here who have been playing since 2008 - 2011 are annoyed by the recent trend and I perfectly understand why. Xbox Achievements used to mean something back when I played the 360 years ago, but that has also been devalued. 

People can play what they want and that’s fine. But this idea that I have to stack a bunch of games six times each that take less than 30 - 40 minutes to platinum, I fail to see how that is enjoyable in the slightest. 

We have a right to complain, and likewise those who disagree with us have a right to complain as well. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

There isn't a bright line between difficult and easy trophies in many cases. For example, take a rare group of trophies like the weapon assignment trophies in the Battlefield 1 DLCs. Many players...including some who often post in these "trophy purity" threads...cheese these trophies by having a friend drop all the DLC guns on the ground. In this case, these otherwise difficult trophies are no more difficult than what's offered in Iron Snout, a game that's given moral heartburn to most in this thread. In an ideal world, I can understand why many are bothered. These games, in the ideal, are corrosive to the value of platinum and gold trophies. But as one person pointed out recently in another thread, over half the trophies on PSN are above 50% rarity on this site: in other words, most trophies on PSN simply aren't that hard to earn. There isn't much consistency in terms of difficulty from game to game in regard to what it takes to earn trophies.

A friend of mine makes pretty good money by earning rare trophies for highly ranked members on this site. Many players also go onto eBay, for instance, and purchase the difficult raid trophies on Destiny 1 and 2: I personally know players who have done this. Sometimes family members play on one account, and it's difficult to know who's playing what titles (I know many who share their accounts with children and/or their wives). There's no way to regulate how trophies are earned, and otherwise difficult trophies are exploited or cheesed constantly, often by those very eager to virtue signal later. It might be best to evaluate each account as one might evaluate a person's résumé, judging for highs and lows by whatever standard you seek to apply, for whatever reasons.

While I do understand the moral angst, I also understand the genie is out of the bottle...

I mean if you call getting 50 kills with a certain weapon to unlock another weapon difficult well then sure.  There is nothing difficult about unlocking weapons in BF1.  It's just time consuming.  But I still think if we're being reasonable we see the difference between playing BF1 and these rattlalakia games.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

There is no catching up because everyone that cares for the leaderboards are doing these games.

People see their rank drop>People check their competitors profiles>People see easy games>People buy easy games>Ratbag laughs to the bank.

Simple.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

There is no catching up because everyone that cares for the leaderboards are doing these games.

People see their rank drop>People check their competitors profiles>People see easy games>People buy easy games>Ratbag laughs to the bank.

Simple.

That’s exactly how it’s done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Which is why playing for numbers ultimately means little. 

You got a lot of difficult games completed and I respect that you’ve been trophy hunting since the beginning. 

But it has gotten to the point where people who are around my ranking have over 1000 gold trophies and they only just started around Christmas time last year. While barely anything on their list is something that takes effort. Maybe Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice but that is simply the most popular game out right now so that’s understandable. 

Some of the people here who have been playing since 2008 - 2011 are annoyed by the recent trend and I perfectly understand why. Xbox Achievements used to mean something back when I played the 360 years ago, but that has also been devalued. 

People can play what they want and that’s fine. But this idea that I have to stack a bunch of games six times each that take less than 30 - 40 minutes to platinum, I fail to see how that is enjoyable in the slightest. 

We have a right to complain, and likewise those who disagree with us have a right to complain as well. 

there is no stopping this trend of easy plats

more companies will come in to play and soon ppl wil unlock 50 plats a week from  5~6 games only

but we cannot stop this because its business unless sony stops "stacking" then you are just blowing in a punctured balloon

i totally understand you guys but what can we all do?

iam not benefiting from this nor does the top 10 or 50..

57 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Simple.

sooner or later people will stop trophy hunting and new people will come on the top

the top 50 at 2010 isnt the same as 2015 and 2019

people will catch up

wait till 2020 or 2022 and you will see a new top 10

i miss the 2015 generation though...

the leaderboards have lost its value now.. it hasnt been like it used to be

the only way the leaderboard will be sealed is when sony stops the ps3 servers...

Edited by Hakoom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hakoom said:

there is no stopping this trend of easy plats

more companies will come in to play and soon ppl wil unlock 50 plats a week from  5~6 games only

but we cannot stop this because its business unless sony stops "stacking" then you are just blowing in a punctured balloon

i totally understand you guys but what can we all do?

iam not benefiting from this nor does the top 10 or 50..

I’m sure Sony has more important things to do than to worry about us complaining about these new game additions all getting six stacks each for their trophies. Such as preparing for the PlayStation 5 launch, and maybe open up a new service to expand their audience. 

Sony probably has no idea who Ratalalika Games are. 

It’s business for Ratalalika, they know we’re their audience and they know people will buy solely for the platinum trophies. They want your money, without providing much of anything else. 

It’s a numbers game. And I just don’t see it to be fun or exhilarating.

Just now, Spaz said:

I’m sure Sony has more important things to do than to worry about us complaining about these new game additions all getting six stacks each for their trophies. Such as preparing for the PlayStation 5 launch, and maybe open up a new service to expand their audience. 

Sony probably has no idea who Ratalalika Games are. 

It’s business for Ratalalika, they know we’re their audience and they know people will buy solely for the platinum trophies. They want your money, without providing much of anything else. 

It’s a numbers game. And I just don’t see it to be fun or exhilarating.

you said it

its all about the money xD 

• Like 1