Can we get a filter for this company?

DarkestBOO

33 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

Not everyone can see yet how this is overall a negative for our hobby, but given time I think most will come around.  Probably around the time they start seeing accounts that have been able to quickly buff up their level with almost nothing but this stuff to their own level which took years to build.  Some will stay ahead of it by turning to it themselves with fervor, but I think most people would rather play other things at least some of the time.

A more interesting question is what should we do about it?  The current technique of shaming and arguing is getting nowhere.  I guess we probably just wait, at this point.

There’s a guy on here I know who has over 19 trophies earned per day on average. He already has over 1000 gold trophies, and his PSN level is just three levels below mine. 

He has around a 78 percent average rarity, while I’m around 46.79 percent. 

Most of my gold trophies came from games that had several of them and were basically fairly easy platinums.

To answer your question, I don’t know, because there is nothing we can do right now.

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

There’s a guy on here I know who has over 19 trophies earned per day on average. He already has over 1000 gold trophies, and his PSN level is just three levels below mine. 

He has around a 78 percent average rarity, while I’m around 46.79 percent. 

Most of my gold trophies came from games that had several of them and were basically fairly easy platinums.

To answer your question, I don’t know, because there is nothing we can do right now.

78%? Damn thats legendary.

4 hours ago, Carol said:

Their games are fun. The problem is that they make trophy lists directed to trophy whores. This makes me sad, because I would like to play their games, but I am, definitely, not interested in platinums that unlock in just a few minutes of gameplay.

THIS!!

• Like 1

All the ratalaika hating, there games are fun, lists might be weak but that doesn't mean you have to stop playing the game after you get the plat. Be glad they still support the Vita unlike most companies

I don't see people complaining about how many lists Steins Gate has......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Conker said:

All the ratalaika hating, there games are fun, lists might be weak but that doesn't mean you have to stop playing the game after you get the plat. Be glad they still support the Vita unlike most companies

I don't see people complaining about how many lists Steins Gate has......

“Steins;Gate” takes more than 30 hours to platinum and it’s a masterpiece. People who skip it are playing it wrong, so there’s nothing to complain about.

About the first part of your comment, most of us, trophy hunters, have so many other games to work on. How many of us continue playing the game, after we get every trophy? I do it in a few games, that I really love, but it’s uncommon. The motivation just isn’t there anymore, so the trophy lists should help in this.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Well, If you don't like a game don't play it. Everyone can publish their own games, and I'm glad we can do so in the free countries we may live in. 

I talk daily with ratalaika over Discord, and he is a great dude. Regardless of what you think of his games, he has a few guidelines:
1) He needs to test the trophies on his own, so he keeps them simple. He isn't the best games and works alone. He can't invest too much time in testing them.
2) He aims to make games where the platinum is achievable around 40-80 minutes.
3) He is actually porting a game right now that will take a lot more hours to complete, so it's not all about easy games.

His release on Super Weekend Mode wasn't the best in term of trophies, the 4 minutes was way too short and he didn't like that either. It was just that it took him 50 minutes to complete those 3 levels. We talked this over, as he really felt this game was a flop in term of trophies. So he aims to make them a bit harder, so he stays at the goal of 40-80 platinum time.

Yes, the game are both available on PSvita and PS4, with separate stacks. This makes it easy to get both stacks for a game. 
Some gamers like a real challenge, some love to play a nice little mini game when they get home from work. Just let the gamers play what they wish, all will be happy. 

Trophies are just some virtual numbers, in the end nobody really cares in the real world.
Yes, we love collecting them, yes that's awesome. But we should not take ourselves too seriously. 

Good to hear lists like super weekend mode are not planned to be made, yet there are many others such as Jack n Jill, peasant knight etc. which are similar. Games like devious dungeon and league of evil are much more fun for bite sized easy trophy games.

You mention having stacks on both vita and ps4 which I believe everyone gladly appreciates including myself especially when it is cross buy. The problem is with the re occurring 6 stacks that are spammed out practically week by week for different regions. I personally think with the abundance of these simple quick games that 2 stacks is plenty.

3 minutes ago, Mardia-- said:

Spoken like someone who gets codes for their games for free lmao.

Yhea I got a whole excel sheet, you want one? I got Daggerhood, Access Denied, Heroes Trials, Shadow of the loot box and Metagal.
That way you can try one, and tell me if you liked it :D

Edited by knoef_NL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Yhea I got a whole excel sheet, you want one? I got Daggerhood, Access Denied, Heroes Trials, Shadow of the loot box and Metagal.
That way you can try one, and tell me if you liked it :D

I've tried many of them [Most were gameshares besides Jack n Jill and Destronaut], and if they didn't have piss easy plats there's absolutely no way I would have wasted the money.  

43 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Well, If you don't like a game don't play it. Everyone can publish their own games, and I'm glad we can do so in the free countries we may live in. 

I talk daily with ratalaika over Discord, and he is a great dude. Regardless of what you think of his games, he has a few guidelines:
1) He needs to test the trophies on his own, so he keeps them simple. He isn't the best games and works alone. He can't invest too much time in testing them.
3) He is actually porting a game right now that will take a lot more hours to complete, so it's not all about easy games.

His release on Super Weekend Mode wasn't the best in term of trophies, the 4 minutes was way too short and he didn't like that either. It was just that it took him 50 minutes to complete those 3 levels. We talked this over, as he really felt this game was a flop in term of trophies. So he aims to make them a bit harder, so he stays at the goal of 40-80 platinum time.

Yes, the game are both available on PSvita and PS4, with separate stacks. This makes it easy to get both stacks for a game. 
Some gamers like a real challenge, some love to play a nice little mini game when they get home from work. Just let the gamers play what they wish, all will be happy. 

Trophies are just some virtual numbers, in the end nobody really cares in the real world.
Yes, we love collecting them, yes that's awesome. But we should not take ourselves too seriously. 

Well said, i like seeing people like you supporting them instead of all the people bashing them constantly 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Sure, but the OP didn't say Ratalaika should stop publishing games. But for the users here that are not interested in stacking easy game after easy game, seeing new "Trophy thoughs?" topics and quick 10-minute video guides for the newest 6-stack game week after week can become pretty tedious. 

50 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Thanks for giving us insight. And I really mean it. :)  But let me write my opinion on the first two points:

1) Fair enough. But he certainly also needs to play entirely through his games to test them out.. or at least I hope he does. It wouldn't be too much to ask if he at least compiled a trophy list that requires you to play through the entire game to achieve the plat. I've only played one game in my life where the plat popped before reaching the end, and that's Undertale. Knowing the game, I wouldn't be surprised if that, too, was a critique to how things are evolving today. In any case, it felt weird, and I still finished the game after getting the plat. 

2) OK so let's say that the Weekend whatever game was an exception with the ridiculous sub-5 min plat times. In my opinion, 40-80 minutes is not really an improvement. But I don't want to turn this into another discussion about the meaning of trophies. Let's just say that I'd hope trophy lists would not incentivize stacking as much as they do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carol said:

“Steins;Gate” takes more than 30 hours to platinum and it’s a masterpiece. People who skip it are playing it wrong, so there’s nothing to complain about.

About the first part of your comment, most of us, trophy hunters, have so many other games to work on. How many of us continue playing the game, after we get every trophy? I do it in a few games, that I really love, but it’s uncommon. The motivation just isn’t there anymore, so the trophy lists should help in this.

I play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, in fact a good number of quests particularly in the Blood and Wine DLC have absolutely no connection to any trophy whatsoever, but they're there for the enjoyment of the player. It remains my favorite game this generation.

I was playing Bloodborne for a bit but I haven't gone back to it for a good while now.

Other than these, I generally delete any game I complete and move on to the next. I got a big backlog that I spent too much money on for it to all go to waste.

2 hours ago, EruditeStranger1 said:

The thing is a lot of people don't realize is that for the most part Ratalaika acts as a publisher porting games from indie devs to consoles.

People hate Ratalaika when they're just giving people a chance to get their games to wider audiences. They even port them to the Switch which doesn't even support trophies/achievements.

But also, yes, they definitely cash in by getting the trophy lists to be simple and easy, but that's just business. They make a good $ and some indie devs get to see their sometimes really fun games ported to consoles :(

The trophy lists are made to be as quick as possible to be as accessible as possible.

One game here or there that has six stacks doesn't bother people. But when you see a trend of these retro, old school platforming games among others that all seem to copy the same trophy lists over and over, with mostly nothing but gold trophies and a platinum times six if you stack all of them, then I see the complaints being justified.

I love platformers. I always have. But it feels kind of insulting when the trophy lists throw away any challenge whatsoever and make it to where anybody can finish it in less than 30 minutes.

That is the complaint, not so much the games on their own.

12 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

1) Fair enough. But he certainly also needs to play entirely through his games to test them out.. or at least I hope he does. It wouldn't be too much to ask if he at least compiled a trophy list that requires you to play through the entire game to achieve the plat. I've only played one game in my life where the plat popped before reaching the end, and that's Undertale. Knowing the game, I wouldn't be surprised if that, too, was a critique to how things are evolving today. In any case, it felt weird, and I still finished the game after getting the plat.

Teslagrad also does this, you just need to collect all the scrolls and you have your platinum. You don't have to reach the ending. Trine 2 on the PS3 just has you doing a number of random objectives, you don't need to beat all the levels in the game.

• Like 1

Pretty cringy thread for a someone who doesn't care about trophies.

I'll continue buying Ratalaika games as long as they're being created and will have a free money to spend. It's still better to buy a Ratalaika game than spend it on drugs.

But to be fair, I'm also against national stacking, even for games that aren't published simultaneously in all regions. And I'm annoyed by this Ratalaika guy coming here and writing like a kid, posts like "We're happy to announce you our next game remember it'll have 6 stacks no less and it's crossbuy 2 games in price for one xD"

In thread about Celeste which allowed to get all trophies in Assist Mode, complaining about Assist Mode not blocking trophies was frowned upon, because "enjoy the game and shut the f##k up about trophies!". Here, the easiness of trophies is frowned upon "Why the s##t like this exist? There's no challenge in this!"

• Like 1

My friends and I have already figured out a way of filtering their shit games from the site. Basically you introduce a trophy grade lower than common that actually minuses points from your score. The wooden spoon trophy.....

It would solve every problem, plus it would give us all a good laugh.

Edited by KaKrackle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

There is an easier solution to all of this, don't give the games a platinum. Then he can have his 40 minute lists 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

You forgot 4) He is in this game for the money and just the money.

Plus, trophies used to mean a lot within our hobby. Every hobby just matters to the people involved! The real world is not an argument. If it is, sports games don't matter, Game of Thrones does not matter, a bad album of you favorite band does not matter etc. Pretty much everything media related can be justified with the "real world" argument. But if you do you were never really into this hobby to begin with. It's like your favorite club which was known for heavy metal now plays Justin Bieber and gives you the argument "Well, it's music too!" while totally not getting that it wasn't just about music but a special kind of it. Now you are in a situation where your base changes and where a new audience comes in and tells you how to think about your passion/hobby.

This new crap attracts a player base who never knew what it meant to achieve something in a game. Achieving a trophy and overcoming certain challenges was the appeal of this hobby. Now we have to deal with players who hide behind their "play what you want and don't care about others" stigma, while many would agree that the whole trophy system is broken and got ouf control. Getting over 400 platinums in a matter of 4 years is not an achievement if it's just stacks and crappy games, when avoiding good and long games at the same time. In fact not speaking up about this is the real shame. We do it about microtransactions and multiple season passes too, so why not here?

This is singlehandedly the best post in this entire thread.

I must add too that tastes and times change. I am a big Metallica and Megadeth fan, even while Dave Mustaine is a complete asshole, and when Axl Rose gets his shit together every once in a while, Guns n' Roses isn't bad either.

But sadly that kind of music is going away, being replaced with millennial techno-pseudo crap. Everything is done on a computer, and while some computer work is fine, I much prefer real instruments like electric guitars, drums and bass to be played. Video game soundtracks are nowadays my favorite "modern" music, because much of the music I hear is this overly commercialized pop tween bullshit done in autotune, modern rap that never evolved past the "bitches and the hoes" and the "sipping in the club" nonsense, and music that takes samples from decades old songs but somehow makes them a lot worse. My generation is at the forefront on this because the fact is, we're the ones making this shitty music. And that in turn, attracts a new base who have no idea what happened before and now stand as the centerpiece about your passion/hobby.

Going back to trophies, this attracts a new player base who never played through games like Dead Space 2, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Catherine or those other difficult games that take a lot of effort for those platinums. I will not name names, but this person I was talking about earlier has over 19 trophies a day earned on average, over 1000 gold trophies, and over a 78 percent average rarity. He only started around Christmas time last year, so it's only been a few short months, and he's PSN level 37, whereas I'm PSN level 40. It's purely a numbers game.

Turns out if you sweeten the deal on Season Passes, people will forget.

9 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If @RatalaikaGames isn't happy about how his platinums compare to regular games' platinums, he should just create trophy lists without platinums.  

And believe it or not, (and I'm not being sarcastic here) most of the defenders of these games' high quality will still continue to buy them. Then everyone can be happy.

Yep, should take lessons from the Arcade Archives guys.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:03 PM, BlindMango said:

I've ordered a new keyboard from Amazon for having to maintain trophy lists that are repeated into infinity because it's getting a little tedious wanting to keep quality up for the same list repeated 40 times over, because I have to do the same 8 things on the backend for each list repeated.

240_F_46796759_7hlf07591jc699btJCu2yqFBZ

Even bigger though, we still don't have everything elegantly connected together on the site for repeat trophy lists because the site was built with the expectation that 1 game = 1 trophy list, mind boggling I know. Try using features on PSN with these list like doing a trophy comparison if you live in America with your friend in Europe, can't be done. Sony broke any future features like that they may have had in mind

My issue isn't with their games either - Seriously their games all look pretty decent quality-wise, but it's just the constant dumping of the repeat lists man - you knocked that down to one single list for all regions and made the platinum like 2 hours to get minimum, the trophy system may actually be saved at that point lol - Honestly Sony is to blame for their lack of phenomenal trophy list quality control like they had during the PS3 days - someone with a great sense of OCD and organization skills must've left Sony around the time Sound Shapes came out and all the trophy list organization and guidelines just completely fell apart.

Trophy lists like these are simply following the rule of supply and demand - trophy hunters keep demanding 40 lists for the same game, all which take 10 minutes to platinum each, and that is met with a supply devs and publishers are willing to give. Enjoy the result of that demand and watch the value of trophy systems tiered structure burn lol

That is why PSN profile should Create two different leaderboards.  Have a casual leaderboard and a hardcore leaderboard.    The hardcore leaderboard doesn't factor in common platinums or trophies.  As I've said before we didn't get into this to see if we could stack storm boy across all platforms.  That is what happens to some people when they get that addiction to that ding their playstation makes when they earn a trophy.  You might think i'm joking but in all seriousness.  It would be nice if the people who are playing real games could compete with the  people playing fast and easy shit.  After all are their efforts not more commendable?  Shouldn't they somehow be ranked higher for completing a series of harder tasks.  Ranking a games difficulty is too complicated I understand and it leaves a lot to discretion and argument.  However, if we let the numbers work it out and just eliminate common platinums/games from the rankings wouldn't that be better.  I mean we remove cheaters and in some instances these cheaters take longer to cheat something then these people are spending getting their platinums.  Who is really cheating the system here.  People say just go play what games you want and leave it be.  Well damn I mean if you really like playing shit games for easy trophies you have it made but what if I'd like a platform to compete in a leaderboard  and time and money doesn't afford going out and buying 50 $4.00 games every month so I can stack a bunch of worthless garbage to try and beat you so we can sit around and debate who has the fastest time in storm boy.  Watching people go after these shit games and then talk about how many platinums they have is mind blowing to me.  It's like they don't realize what a worthless act it is as if the whole concept of trophy hunting isn't unimportant enough they find a way to make it even more meaningless with 10 minute or less platinums.

• Like 1