NHL Playoffs 2019

TheRealClayman

I'm watching every nite. And I'm loving some of the story lines that are unfolding. Especially with the sweeps of Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay:jaymon:. I'm hoping my Caps can go back to back but they still have a lot of work just to get out of the first round. No idea where all the hockey fans are hiding on this site. Maybe they are playing games or watching Game of Thrones. :dunno:

• Like 1

I filled out a NHL bracket and had the Lightning winning it all! Thank the heavens I didn't do it for money. I had the Jets, Flames, Lightning, and Capitals in the conference semis... SMH.

Islanders are looking legit though. They do such a great job keeping players to the outside and make it difficult to get quality shots. Not sure why I picked the pens over them.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I'm personally shocked that Tampa Bay got swept the first round. They did so good during the season.

I don't usually watch hockey. I watch it here and there. I tend to only watch the finals in the playoffs where one of the teams have the chance to win the Stanley cup. My dad's a massive Habs fan so if they're not playing he isn't watching (unless it's the finals).

As for who I go for, I go for every Canadian team (this year being Toronto, Calgary, and Winnipeg). But ultimately I just want to see a team that hasn't won the cup in a while to win.

Edited by Shinobi
  • Like 1

I've never really been the type of person who watches sports nor like to scream to the tv lol, until I became a St. Louis Blues fan yeas ago cause of my bf, so this was me last night when they scored the winning goal with 15 secs left. Let's go, Blues!!!1! :dance: 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by Mapa
Fixed gif link
  • Like 2

Good to see some fellow fans. I am an Avs guy so hoping we can get it done tonight and send the Flames home. It won't be easy, but they are definitely capable. Grubauer is proving he was worth the trade and it will be sad to see Varlamov leave this offseason as he is a fan favorite.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheRealClayman said:

Good to see some fellow fans. I am an Avs guy so hoping we can get it done tonight and send the Flames home. It won't be easy, but they are definitely capable. Grubauer is proving he was worth the trade and it will be sad to see Varlamov leave this offseason as he is a fan favorite.

My friend actually got me into hockey this year. I'm (slowly) being converted into a Flyers fan, and I am enjoying the playoffs regardless of my crappy-ass bracket! xD

Tampa Bay getting swept was a massive shock, but man the Blue Jackets were just so good and it was there first playoff series, Islanders just looked dominant in there sweep of the Penguins. and how about Colorado taking out Calgary in 5, meaning both #1 seeds are out

Hurricanes back in playoffs since 2009, making it a series with the Capitals, Stars vs Predators series is just so tight. the Blues Jets series is just crazy 0 home wins for either xD. Toronto and Boston is a great series too

Sharks fan here and our goaltending has been so bad that almost every Vegas shot gives me literal anxiety lol. But we are still alive for now. I live in Colorado so the Avs taking out the Flames and leaving open the possibility that I might see the Sharks come to Denver is really exciting.

The Boston Toronto and Winnipeg St. Louis series have been so captivating to watch so far. Almost every game coming down to the very end!

I'm surprised nobody is really talking about the thrashing Dallas just gave Nashville Wednesday. Could be another big upset brewing there.

I'm a Penguins fan but I had no expectations whatsoever of them. So definitely not surprised that they got swept although it still kind of stings. Thankfully the Lightning made it easier for me to bear haha. But good luck to the Islanders, they deserved to win.

Anyway, despite that, really loving these playoffs so far. So many surprises already. And as a Finn, it is great to see Aho, Rantanen and Heiskanen play well. As for who I want to win it all, I actually have no real preference, as long as it's not the Capitals or the Bruins.

Buffalo Sabres fan here...

It's been so long since we've been in the playoffs, that I keep forgetting how great playoff hockey is.  I keep telling myself "eh, I don't care about the playoffs" every year... then I start watching a game or two and I realize how great it is, and how far away the Sabres are from that. xD

If we were to rank how these games are played by order of intensity, entertainment value, etc...

1 Playoff Hockey

2 Regular Season Hockey

3 Sabres Hockey ?

Anyways, I don't really care who wins overall.  My buddy is a Caps fan and he was so happy last year, I have no issue with them winning again.  Just not the Leafs.  F**k the Leafs. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Buffalo Sabres fan here...

It's been so long since we've been in the playoffs, that I keep forgetting how great playoff hockey is.  I keep telling myself "eh, I don't care about the playoffs" every year... then I start watching a game or two and I realize how great it is, and how far away the Sabres are from that. xD

If we were to rank how these games are played by order of intensity, entertainment value, etc...

1 Playoff Hockey

2 Regular Season Hockey

3 Sabres Hockey 1f612.png

Anyways, I don't really care who wins overall.  My buddy is a Caps fan and he was so happy last year, I have no issue with them winning again.  Just not the Leafs.  F**k the Leafs. ;)

xD well said, Also Sabres fan here, but yeah another disappointing season, and to think it was actually a improvement until we blew up badly, as for your buddy he must be having a tough time since those Hurricanes are giving the Caps a almighty challenge  

Definitely psyched about the Avs win. 

Of the remaining series, i hope Toronto, Washington, Nashville and Vegas advance. Sorry to the SJ fan above. i just think they have had many opportunities to prove themselves over the past several years and failed so they deserve what they get. If they did advance though, i would not be upset either. 

9 hours ago, djb5f said:

And I echo Go Caps!  Shame TJ Oshie is out of the playoffs after a dirty hit.  Next man up, DSP.

Hated that TJ went down, but really loved that they recalled DSP. The energy the Caps had in game 5 was incredible. Just too bad it didn't carry over into game 6. Well 3 series headed to a game 7 should make for some very exciting hockey. Here's hoping the Preds can get it done tonight and give us a 4th 7 game series.

Edited by monkeydluffy512
  • Like 1

Just wow. What a turn of events.
I guess Golden Knight's fans must be hating Eakin right now or the refs or both. I started watching the game literally when SJ was getting their first goal, so didnt really see if the penalty was fair or not, but either way, he gave the win to the Sharks. So, yeah.

Lets go, Blues!!1!

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 1

That VGK/Sharks game just wowD:. From a pure excitement stand point it was a pretty wild ride. Just all kinds of amazing watching the Sharks score 4 goals in four minutes. But at the same time I'm surprised Vegas kept their composure because they got shafted hard by the refs on a bad call. I watched that hit on Pavelski over and over, and I can see a 2 minute minor for the cross- check but not a 5 minute major. I loved the excitement but hate seeing a game decided on a " questionable" call. 

Anyone else see that madness? 

Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

That VGK/Sharks game just wowD:. From a pure excitement stand point it was a pretty wild ride. Just all kinds of amazing watching the Sharks score 4 goals in four minutes. But at the same time I'm surprised Vegas kept their composure because they got shafted hard by the refs on a bad call. I watched that hit on Pavelski over and over, and I can see a 2 minute minor for the cross- check but not a 5 minute major. I loved the excitement but hate seeing a game decided on a " questionable" call. 

Any thoughts? 

I can understand that Vegas fans are frustrated, but regardless of this call they had three games to put this series away and they didn't (just like Toronto. Losing game 6 to Boston at home put a nail in the coffin in my opinion).

Being a fan of the Sharks for 10+ years I'm buzzing with excitement! ? See you in round two Avs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Any thoughts? 

That game was just pure Crazy, i thought when Vegas were up 3-0 it was over but im glad i was wrong and we got that epic 5-4 Sharks OT win :D  well deserving for a game 7

As a New Jersey Devils fan, I was on the "wrong side" of that sort of call back in the 2012 Finals.  And I'll say to Vegas fans now what I said to my fellow Devils fans seven years ago:  Don't blame the officials, because they'll occasionally mess up a call and that's simply the way things go.  Blame your Penalty Kill, because it's their job to not crap the ice and blow you a game/series in that sort of spot.

Like the Maple Leafs playing Game 7 in Boston back in 2013, you had a three-goal lead roughly midway through the third period.  There's no good excuse for coughing that up no matter how culpable outside parties might be.  Hold the fucking lead and win the fucking game.