DEI2EK

Mary Skelter 2 coming west - for switch

39 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

While it sucks that I won't be able to play the sequel on my platform of choice, it being censored would have killed my interested in it anyway. I'm honestly glad to see more of these games skip a PS4 release as it sends a message. Sony have made it clear that these games aren't welcome and I applaud developers/publishers for taking a stand and refusing to have their vision for the game compromised, even if it means it hurts them financially. 

 

What with Vita support coming to an end in Japan and Sony's new censorship policy, the Switch has become a bastion for these types of games, and I'm coming around to the idea of getting one. I don't want to miss out on this stuff just because some higher ups at Sony find this stuff objectionable. Seriously, fuck them.

CJRKlAW.png

I know it’s pointless but the switch not having a neat little achievement system like trophies is like the one thing I want and it would make me switch from ps to switch completely 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

While it sucks that I won't be able to play the sequel on my platform of choice, it being censored would have killed my interested in it anyway. I'm honestly glad to see more of these games skip a PS4 release as it sends a message. Sony have made it clear that these games aren't welcome and I applaud developers/publishers for taking a stand and refusing to have their vision for the game compromised, even if it means it hurts them financially. 

 

What with Vita support coming to an end in Japan and Sony's new censorship policy, the Switch has become a bastion for these types of games, and I'm coming around to the idea of getting one. I don't want to miss out on this stuff, just because some higher ups at Sony find this stuff objectionable. Seriously, fuck them.

CJRKlAW.png

My feelings in a nutshell^.

 

The Switch is going to see a big increase in sales over the next year or two, because a lot of pissed off former Sony customers will be jumping ship to get away Sony's puritanical rampage.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I know it’s pointless but the switch not having a neat little achievement system like trophies is like the one thing I want and it would make me switch from ps to switch completely 

 

Yeah, definitely. I'm way too invested in the trophy/achievement metagame to stop completely and move back to a console without them now, but Nintendo implementing their own system would make the Switch a no-brainer purchase for me. But even without a trophy/achievement system of their own, I could see the Switch becoming my secondary platform that I'll whip out whenever I want to play new Japanese releases.

 

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

May feelings in a nutshell^.

 

The Switch is going to see a big increase in sales over the next year or two, because a lot of pissed off former Sony customers will be jumping to ship to get away Sony's puritanical rampage.

 

Agreed. I'm still holding out hope that Sony come to their senses and reverse their dumb decision, but the longer this goes on, the worse it gets both in terms of Sony's reputation with Japanese developers and with the fans of those games. Even if this censorship policy disappeared tomorrow, the damage has already been done. We have dozens of butchered games now with more that may never see a PlayStation release at all.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Jap" is considered an ethnic slur.

 

Source: Any World War II veteran.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Agreed. I'm still holding out hope that Sony come to their senses and reverse their dumb decision, but the longer this goes on, the worse it gets both in terms of Sony's reputation with Japanese developers and with the fans of those games. Even if this censorship policy disappeared tomorrow, the damage has already been done. We have dozens of butchered games now with more that may never see a PlayStation release at all.

Well, guess all one can do is make your voice heard with your wallets and maybe, just maybe, they'll reconsider. It works more often than you'd think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Well, guess all one can do is make your voice heard with your wallets and maybe, just maybe, they'll reconsider. It works more often than you'd think.

 

I've already avoided purchasing games at launch that I would have before had they not been censored. I make sure to check all the new Japanese releases for censorship before I buy them. I can only hope that others do the same. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably an unpopular opinion on a PS site but Switch is just getting better games in general at this point, at least for me ( 2D platformers and JRPGs are some of my favorite genres and i don't really care much for most big AAA/FPS games) not only is PS not getting many of the games such as this but things like messenger and hollow knight go to Switch first, they get cuphead and exclusives such as pokemon and smash. I think only things that PS has that Switch doesn't is KHIII since i don't think Switch could run it. But i feel like Switch will get the other KH games and the new persona is going to switch.....wouldn't be surprised if the others go there too.

 

I think the PS is the better console like even controller feel and such but game selection is much better on Switch...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

I've already avoided purchasing games at launch that I would have before had they not been censored. I make sure to check all the new Japanese releases for censorship before I buy them. I can only hope that others do the same. 

I imagine some aren't aware...and there's probably people who don't care. :dunno: I don't buy Japanese games really, so I'm not really impacted, but I can understand the frustration.

 

4 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion on a PS site but Switch is just getting better games in general at this point, at least for me ( 2D platformers and JRPGs are some of my favorite genres and i don't really care much for most big AAA/FPS games) not only is PS not getting many of the games such as this but things like messenger and hollow knight go to Switch first, they get cuphead and exclusives such as pokemon and smash. I think only things that PS has that Switch doesn't is KHIII since i don't think Switch could run it. But i feel like Switch will get the other KH games and the new persona is going to switch.....wouldn't be surprised if the others go there too.

 

I think the PS is the better console like even controller feel and such but game selection is much better on Switch...

I thought the P5 musou (sorry if I spelled that wrong) was going, but P5 hasn't been officially confirmed yet. However, probably just a matter of time. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't sony make a big mess of censoring the Chinese version? After that the publisher said they wouldn't release games they had to censor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for reaction to sony meme

 

 

 

Dark times are ahead of us.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, stupot00 said:

Didn't sony make a big mess of censoring the Chinese version? After that the publisher said they wouldn't release games they had to censor.

 

it's fair. policy before the extreme censorship was fine. i kinda wished that sony would return to the old ways just because some SJW's and mothers complained. they end up alienating everyone else just because of them.

Edited by lordguwa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who What 2? couldn't care less lol

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

While it sucks that I won't be able to play the sequel on my platform of choice, it being censored would have killed my interested in it anyway. I'm honestly glad to see more of these games skip a PS4 release as it sends a message. Sony have made it clear that these games aren't welcome and I applaud developers/publishers for taking a stand and refusing to have their vision for the game compromised, even if it means it hurts them financially. 

 

What with Vita support coming to an end in Japan and Sony's new censorship policy, the Switch has become a bastion for these types of games, and I'm coming around to the idea of getting one. I don't want to miss out on this stuff just because some higher ups at Sony find this stuff objectionable. Seriously, fuck them.

CJRKlAW.png

I mean I like anime games and all but getting upset about them not appearing on your platform is soyboy behavior. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Kezzai said:

I mean I like anime games and all but getting upset about them not appearing on your platform is soyboy behavior. 

 

Where's the logic in that? Besides, I said that I'm glad it's not releasing on PS4... :facepalm:

Edited by Undead Wolf
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hero_of_Time_507 said:

If I'm being honest, I think they were either here to troll or just weren't thinking at all when they posted. I mean, if they didn't even know anything about the game that the thread is about (or weren't interested in learning more), why even post here? Seems kinda pointless. Plus, people here were saying it's a good thing it wasn't coming to ps4, like you said. I also fail to see how port-begging is really soyboy behavior, so... yeah. Seems to me like they might of just been trying to rile people up a little.

 

Yeah, being a troll is the most likely explanation. I figured that I would bite anyway just to see what other ridiculous things they would say. :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

Yeah, being a troll is the most likely explanation. I figured that I would bite anyway just to see what other ridiculous things they would say. :P

Yeah. No joke, when I first saw their comment, I was like, "WTF? Is no one really going to say how stupid that was? Lmao." 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So glad they didn't bother localising this if Sony would censor it. Has Sony forgotten that not all their customers are children? MeToo should pertain to real life only, not games or other media. And what if these school shootings cause Sony to go after violence next? MK12 on the next Xbox, Nintendo Switch 2, & PC but not at all on PS5. Some other fighting games would probably not get PS5 versions. FPS on PS5 would likely have no gibbing or blood. Are we going to end up with DisneyStation 5?

 

The world doesn't revolve around just AAA/$60 releases. In fact, it's harder for the usual AAA title to get my money at launch. It needs to stand out or be forgotten, at least until the price drops. We need more FPS like Hard Reset, Bulletstorm, Doom, or Crysis that do their own thing (I've grown bored with the Call of Duty style ones for now... I haven't bought WWII & BF V. I don't plan to either).

Edited by gameoverDude189
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really loved Mary Skelter Nightmares, except for the loser beta protagonist who totally missed out on his chance to start a harem, but man they really messed up poor Jack in the sequel:

Image result for jack mary skelter 2

Man talk about taking ugly to a whole new level. I really hope that Sony will censor this image so that we don't have to see it in every battle in the game. And I seriously hate what they've done with Cinderella. Why would you take the girl with the second best body after Sleeping Beauty and turn her into a goddamn LOLI???!!!!!!!! Damn you Japan and your obsession towards lolis

Image result for cinderella mary skelter 2Image result for cinderella mary skelter 2

Seriously why would anyone want to get rid of those great legs??????

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'm happy they did, because fuck $ony and their fascist censorship. Finally a developer that's said no to their retarded SJW/PC politics, I hope the rest of Japanese developers gonna do the same and move as far as they can from $ony and Censor$tation.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.