PlayStation Plus Price Increase (Europe & Asia confirmed)

Suminya

Just now, panikooooos said:

I like how Ps Plus price just keeps increasing but people still use the "It's FrEe GaMeS" argument, weird how that works huh ?

I don’t. We got less content (no more monthly PS3 and Vita free games) and we pay more, this is disgusting.

We should get more features or content for PS+.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Conker said:

I hope this is Japan, i really don't wanna see the price rise again, it's not far and 12 months here in Australia would cost $100 

Be grateful we don't charge you another 30 dollar Tassie Tax. Petrol and piss costs more due to shipping and whatnot, may as well pay more for digital stuff too.

The 1 month price increase feels like a late price correction in this case as well. Currently at the 7,99€ value it's cheaper to buy 3 separate 1 month subscriptions than buying a 3 month subscription. Leads me to beleive they messed up their math when the last price increase happened. Now they're correcting it, so that the 3 month bundled price is actually cheaper than the individual monthly purchase.

• Like 2

Wait, what? The first post mentions a French email with 1-year subscription at 60 euros. It's nothing new! The price increased months, if not years ago.

Anyway, i'll always renew when it gets discounted on third-party sites, usually even less than the previous price of 50 euros.

Didn't get an email in Finland yet, but we use Euros so I guess it's just the monthly version going from €8 to €9 like in France and Germany.

Not sure what you're doing if you're buying Plus for the games, its main purpose is to let you play online now ever since the PS4 came out. And we are on a trophy hunting site and most games have online trophies so it's pretty much a mandatory sub now.

Sony knows that they could just get rid of the monthly games and they would still keep most subscriptions because people need to play online with friends.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, what? The first post mentions a French email with 1-year subscription at 60 euros. It's nothing new! The price increased months, if not years ago.

Anyway, i'll always renew when it gets discounted on third-party sites, usually even less than the previous price of 50 euros.

It's the 1-month sub that's going up in price for a majority of countries 

Norway:

• 12 months is going from 485 to 580 NOK (19,6% increase)
  • 3 months is going from 205 to 240 NOK (17,1% increase)
  • 1 month is going from 65 to 85 NOK (30,8% increase)

Fra og med den 1. august 2019, vil prisene for PlayStation Plus-abonnement i Norge øke. Dette skyldes markedsinflasjonen.

• 12-måneders løpende abonnement på PlayStation Plus øker med kr 580.00
  • 3-måneders løpende abonnement på PlayStation Plus øker med kr 240.00
  • 1-måneds løpende abonnement på PlayStation Plus øker med kr 85.00

Edited by Zynthar

Here are all the remaining price changes from Asia. There doesn't seem to be a price increase in Vietnam, at least there's no article about it.

@TheYuriG

China:

1 Month Subscription: 29 Yuan -> 39 Yuan

3 Month Subscription: 69 Yuan -> 99 Yuan

12 Month Subscription: 209 Yuan -> 239 Yuan

Hong Kong:

1 Month Subscription: HK$38 -> HK$48

3 Month Subscription: HK$88 -> HK$128

12 Month Subscription: HK$268 -> HK$308

Indonesia:

1 Month Subscription: Rp 55,000 -> Rp 89,000

3 Month Subscription: Rp 123,000 -> Rp 229,000

12 Month Subscription: Rp 350,000 -> Rp 559,000

Malaysia:

1 Month Subscription: RM 21 -> RM 29

3 Month Subscription: RM 43 -> RM 69

12 Month Subscription: RM 129 -> RM 159

Singapore:

1 Month Subscription: SGD 6.9 -> SGD 8.9

3 Month Subscription: SGD 14.9 -> SGD 21.9

12 Month Subscription: SGD 43.9 -> SGD 53.9

South Korea:

1 Month Subscription: 6,300 Won -> 7,500 Won

3 Month Subscription: 15,500 Won -> 18,800 Won

12 Month Subscription: 1,800 Won -> 44,900 Won

Taiwan:

1 Month Subscription: NT$168 -> NT$198

3 Month Subscription: NT$388 -> NT$488

12 Month Subscription: NT$1,088 -> NT$1,188

Thailand:

1 Month Subscription: THB 170 -> THB 210

3 Month Subscription: THB 410 -> THB 490

12 Month Subscription: THB 1,130 -> THB 1,190

• Like 2

Just now, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Here are all the remaining price changes from Asia. There doesn't seem to be a price increase in Vietnam, at least there's no article about it.

@TheYuriG

Thanks for the input and specially for updating the thread title, quite informative you are with the news.

At this point, it's pretty much confirmed this is not an isolated incident. At least, from what i've seen, it's mostly the lower-tier packages that are getting changed and when it's biggest tier one, it's not a hefty change. I guess this is gonna make those black friday sales even more appealing now regardless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RockyRoller said:

We may have stopped offering free PS3 and Vita games but we'll still keep putting the prices up.

Makes perfect business sense.

I mean, they will likely add PS5 games to the lineup but they should have waited until that even comes out before raising prices..

8 hours ago, AtomicAltruism said:

What does it matter?

I'm just gonna end up paying whatever they want anyways.

?

*sigh* I’m afraid I’m with you on that... and I don’t even know why. In the good old days the free games were awesome and well worth the price of admission. It gradually got worse in the PS4 era. I don’t really do multiplayer and the free games are no longer worth the price of Plus IMHO so what’s left is the discounts really. I can’t justify the full price of Plus anymore to myself... but despite it all I still think I will renew if they give us Plus for a decent discount during Days of Play. I suck. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mardia-- said:

I mean, they will likely add PS5 games to the lineup but they should have waited until that even comes out before raising prices..

Or maybe they didn't think about adding a couple of extra PS4 games to compensate for the PS3/Vita games? Doesn't that justify the price increase?