"The Circle is Complete" trophy is still glitched!

DawidThePlayer18

10 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Glad I saw this now. As long as I do them all via the campaign first go it works fine, right? I did the other crap first before even starting campaign. 

Yes, when I  did this near the end of last year, I had no issues with it popping during the campaign. Think I  was following Maka's excellent guide on YouTube for all collectibles. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, for resuming: No online, no SNAP, no "Mission Select" and no Arcade until finishing the campaign and doing these challenges while encountering them in the campaign. Confirm me, please, if this is right. I'm about to buy the digital version of the game and i don't want nasty "surprises".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wanted to share my experience with this trophy in order to shed a bit more of light on it and hopefully help any other poor soul that ends up having to go through the craptacular experience I had with this game.

It is the 14th of September of 2020, and it's pretty obvious that no one at Bethesda or id Software is going to fix this.

So, my experience with it went something along these lines:

1.- I finished my first playthrough of the game and this trophy did not unlock. Alongside it, a number of other trophies were pending and I decided to tackle them via level select.

2.- While tackling each of the stages through level select, I was able to unlock most of the remaining trophies (including IDDQD for upgrading all of the runes). However, The Circle is Complete, What Else Ya Got? and Every Nook and Cranny remained unobtainable for me. The last two were, in part, because my game's data got corrupted, and then the HDD on my console got corrupted also (in the midst of playing this game...), so I was not able to properly play Argent D' Nur to completion. At this point, I had not tried either the MP mode or the Arcade Mode. I did fiddle with SnapMap mode, though.

3.- After a long, tedious process of trying to revive my HDD and play the game again, I gave up and installed and old HDD I had lying around. I proceeded to download my backed up data from the cloud and, upon collecting all of the Dommguy figures and finishing all the challenges on Argent D' Nur, both Every Nook and Cranny and What Else Ya Got? didn't pop. At one point, the game even went Alzheimer on me and stripped me of all my weapons and upgrades. ._.

4.- Started a new playthrough on a lower difficulty setting on another save slot. My objective in this one was to pop The Circle is Complete, so I focused solely on finding the rune challenges and playing them right at the moment of finding them. I did this in one single sitting (without ever turning my console off or leaving the main game) and the trophy still didn't pop at the end. Fuck... I continued playing and managed to obtain Every Nook and Cranny even though I didn't collect all of the Doomguy figures. It popped at some point halfway through the last stage.

5.- After finishing the game again, I went and completed all of the challenges through level select, and this time, the What Else Ya Got? trophy did pop.

6.- Finally, I wiped my entire saved data from the console and didn't use my backup again. This time, I created a new saved data instead. I then completed yet another playthrough of the game on the easiest difficulty setting and the trophy finally popped. This one I didn't do it in a single sitting. I did one half of the game in one day, and then the rest of it the next day after turning off my console.

*Conclusion*

- Forget about doing the game in one sitting, if the trophy doesn't pops for you, back up your save to the cloud or to a USB stick. Then, delete your saved data from the console and create a new one. Start a new playthrough fully focused on getting the trophy on this newly created saved data. Find the runes and complete the challenges at that same moment, don't do them later. By the time you reach your final rune by the Lazarus Labs, the trophy should pop on the loading screen that brings you back to the level after completing the challenge.

- The game is quite a buggy mess as far as trophies. The Circle is Complete, in particular, seems to pop on a whim and whenever the game "feels like" awarding it to you. I'm surprised such a high-profile game can release with these many bugs and still remain like that even years after release. That's pretty bad. =/

On 9/14/2020 at 0:15 PM, Honor_Hand said:

I wanted to share my experience with this trophy in order to shed a bit more of light on it and hopefully help any other poor soul that ends up having to go through the craptacular experience I had with this game.

It is the 14th of September of 2020, and it's pretty obvious that no one at Bethesda or id Software is going to fix this.

So, my experience with it went something along these lines:

1.- I finished my first playthrough of the game and this trophy did not unlock. Alongside it, a number of other trophies were pending and I decided to tackle them via level select.

2.- While tackling each of the stages through level select, I was able to unlock most of the remaining trophies (including IDDQD for upgrading all of the runes). However, The Circle is Complete, What Else Ya Got? and Every Nook and Cranny remained unobtainable for me. The last two were, in part, because my game's data got corrupted, and then the HDD on my console got corrupted also (in the midst of playing this game...), so I was not able to properly play Argent D' Nur to completion. At this point, I had not tried either the MP mode or the Arcade Mode. I did fiddle with SnapMap mode, though.

3.- After a long, tedious process of trying to revive my HDD and play the game again, I gave up and installed and old HDD I had lying around. I proceeded to download my backed up data from the cloud and, upon collecting all of the Dommguy figures and finishing all the challenges on Argent D' Nur, both Every Nook and Cranny and What Else Ya Got? didn't pop. At one point, the game even went Alzheimer on me and stripped me of all my weapons and upgrades. ._.

4.- Started a new playthrough on a lower difficulty setting on another save slot. My objective in this one was to pop The Circle is Complete, so I focused solely on finding the rune challenges and playing them right at the moment of finding them. I did this in one single sitting (without ever turning my console off or leaving the main game) and the trophy still didn't pop at the end. Fuck... I continued playing and managed to obtain Every Nook and Cranny even though I didn't collect all of the Doomguy figures. It popped at some point halfway through the last stage.

5.- After finishing the game again, I went and completed all of the challenges through level select, and this time, the What Else Ya Got? trophy did pop.

6.- Finally, I wiped my entire saved data from the console and didn't use my backup again. This time, I created a new saved data instead. I then completed yet another playthrough of the game on the easiest difficulty setting and the trophy finally popped. This one I didn't do it in a single sitting. I did one half of the game in one day, and then the rest of it the next day after turning off my console.

*Conclusion*

- Forget about doing the game in one sitting, if the trophy doesn't pops for you, back up your save to the cloud or to a USB stick. Then, delete your saved data from the console and create a new one. Start a new playthrough fully focused on getting the trophy on this newly created saved data. Find the runes and complete the challenges at that same moment, don't do them later. By the time you reach your final rune by the Lazarus Labs, the trophy should pop on the loading screen that brings you back to the level after completing the challenge.

- The game is quite a buggy mess as far as trophies. The Circle is Complete, in particular, seems to pop on a whim and whenever the game "feels like" awarding it to you. I'm surprised such a high-profile game can release with these many bugs and still remain like that even years after release. That's pretty bad. =/

If a bunch of trophies glitch on me, I'm just going to get Ratchet and Clank to pop for my #250th platinum trophy. Horrible choice for a milestone but if that's what it comes down to then that is what it will come down to.

DOOM is still fun, even DOOM 3 which I didn't like as much provided a fair amount of enjoyment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

If a bunch of trophies glitch on me, I'm just going to get Ratchet and Clank to pop for my #250th platinum trophy. Horrible choice for a milestone but if that's what it comes down to then that is what it will come down to.

DOOM is still fun, even DOOM 3 which I didn't like as much provided a fair amount of enjoyment.

I enjoyed DOOM 3 more than DOOM (2016), and that's usually the one that is considered the black sheep of the franchise. DOOM 2016 is a great shooter as well, but the weird design choices and the ton of bugs and glitches I encountered really dragged my experience way down while playing it. Hopefully, it won't be the same for you. Everyone loves DOOM 2016, so you'll most likely be fine with it.

8 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

I enjoyed DOOM 3 more than DOOM (2016), and that's usually the one that is considered the black sheep of the franchise. DOOM 2016 is a great shooter as well, but the weird design choices and the ton of bugs and glitches I encountered really dragged my experience way down while playing it. Hopefully, it won't be the same for you. Everyone loves DOOM 2016, so you'll most likely be fine with it.

I’ll keep this in mind. 

I got caught up in Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank (2016 reboot) that DOOM 2016 basically got pushed to the wayside. 

Hopefully I don’t encounter the glitches.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’ll keep this in mind. 

I got caught up in Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank (2016 reboot) that DOOM 2016 basically got pushed to the wayside. 

Hopefully I don’t encounter the glitches.

Got the Platinum for Doom 2016 recently, can say that it's hit and miss in regards to trophies bugging out. 

"The Circle is Complete" was the only one that bugged out and forced me to do a second playthrough, but that's because I was having difficulties finishing the final rune challenge and it was getting late, so I thought I'd come back to it through chapter select and redo it the next day. It was this, I found out later, that caused the trophy to bug out. So my advice is to finish every rune challenge upon finding them and to NOT play them through chapter select or the Rune select menu. Also, use a guide to find the runes the first time you play a level to further limit the chance of this bugging out. 

As for the Doomguy collectible trophy, just use a guide to find them the first time and once you obtain the final Doomguy (story, unmissable), the trophy should pop. 

I've read instances where the "What Else Ya Got?" trophy was bugged but I had no problem getting it through chapter select for the few challenges I hadn't completed. Just that some challenges that you didn't complete initially but complete later will read as incomplete if you revisit the level, but that seems to be a visual glitch more than anything else, so don't panic.

All in all, don't let these glitches deter you from what is an incredible game!

26 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I've read instances where the "What Else Ya Got?" trophy was bugged but I had no problem getting it through chapter select for the few challenges I hadn't completed. Just that some challenges that you didn't complete initially but complete later will read as incomplete if you revisit the level, but that seems to be a visual glitch more than anything else, so don't panic.

All in all, don't let these glitches deter you from what is an incredible game!

I think I miss a challenge in the first chapter, hopefully it doesn't bug out on me.

53 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I think I miss a challenge in the first chapter, hopefully it doesn't bug out on me.

Should be fine to redo it through mission select, I did it a few times in my first playthrough.

FYI, you don't even need to complete the mission for the challenge to be considered done, just load the mission, complete the challenge and exit mission. 

3 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Should be fine to redo it through mission select, I did it a few times in my first playthrough.

FYI, you don't even need to complete the mission for the challenge to be considered done, just load the mission, complete the challenge and exit mission. 

The runes shouldn't be that bad if I do them all on the playthrough, and not through chapter select.

• 1 month later...

I didn't have any problems but I did notice something strange. I noticed that on the information in the Mission Select...sometimes it said that one of the challenges were completed. BUT...after choosing the mission itself and going in..one was still unfinished.

I think it may have been a thing where I actually completed it during the level...but didn't finish the level itself before quitting for that session. Upon completing it the second time...I didn't have any notification or reward pop up for it. I think the game remembers that you had done it for the bonuses...otherwise major farming...but I don't think it recognizes it as being complete if the level isn't finished in the same run in some cases.

Above all else...I just noticed this and thought it was really strange.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Thalactus24 said:

Stil in glitched in Dec 2020, now i will have to do a speedrun thanks to these lazy devs...

I wouldn't call them lazy....but after all these years it certainly won't be patched anymore. Mine glitched too and I have to do another playthrough to unlock, but it's not a big deal for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2020-01-27 at 1:37 PM, easterkeke said:

Started a new campaign with my PS4 offline. Vanilla version (I own a disc copy). Hadn't finished the campaign yet, but missed the Lazarus labs trials (Rich Get Richer and Saving Throw), so I went back in via Mission Select, and was able to unlock the trophy (had previously gotten 'IDDQD' before on a different save file). So, perhaps it was luck, or playing without patches, or doing it via MIssion Select still works. /shrug

Good luck for anyone else struggling with this.

Thanks a lot easterkeke. 1y later, you saved me from redoing most of the story a second time.

This is literally the only fix that works.

I didn’t get the trophy, deleted the game, installed it back, downloaded my ps plus auto back up save from last night, tried the last trial while it didn’t finish installing all the content; no trophy.

Waited for the content to finish installing, re-downloaded back up save tried the trial again & got it =p

So I confirm that doing your last rune trial in chapter select will unlock the trophy, if you’re playing on/or go back to version 1.00 by deleting and reinstalling the game without patches.

Selecting a mission will say “can’t load this mission due to your save being from a more recent version” but no worries the rune trials are a different case.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/02/2021 at 7:55 AM, The_Diablo_436 said:

Thanks a lot easterkeke. 1y later, you saved me from redoing most of the story a second time.

This is literally the only fix that works.

I didn’t get the trophy, deleted the game, installed it back, downloaded my ps plus auto back up save from last night, tried the last trial while it didn’t finish installing all the content; no trophy.

Waited for the content to finish installing, re-downloaded back up save tried the trial again & got it =p

So I confirm that doing your last rune trial in chapter select will unlock the trophy, if you’re playing on/or go back to version 1.00 by deleting and reinstalling the game without patches.

Selecting a mission will say “can’t load this mission due to your save being from a more recent version” but no worries the rune trials are a different case.

Thanks, I'll try this.

• 2 months later...

I played through it on the PC (Steam) version recently. After getting all 12 of the runes, I got denied the TCIC achievement. Then again, I had played a level of Arcade mode... *big mistake*. And all I needed was Rich Get Richer, so I replayed Lazarus Labs from Mission Select to go get it. Another mistake? I found it all right, but TCIC never came up. Son of a gun.

I'll try the PS4 version later to get some more trophies... now I have an idea of what to NOT do. Maybe this bug is in all versions, including PC and Xbox?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got the platinum, at least for me no trophy was bugged (some took like 5-6 seconds to pop, but no problem whatsoever), what I did is get all collectible trophy before ending the game, the only time I restarted a level from chapter level was before Ch 4 (the first with a rune with it). So maybe they fixed this, or I just got lucky.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All my trophies popped without any issue but I took zero risk about it. I completed the campaign in about 3 days, and put my PS5 on rest mode when not playing. I never left the game, never got back to main menu or tried another mode, never used chapter select, and made sure to 100% every chapter before moving on (mission challenges, runes and weapon mods as soon as available...).

If you're afraid of glitches, do just that. It's a bit tedious but very safe.