Video Game Censorship: Discussion Thread

Wavergray

41 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Fanboys make me laugh. They're completely unwilling to accept that maybe, just maybe, the company they pledge their allegiance to can make bad decisions. Like @Nighcisama said, there isn't a good argument in favour of censorship like this. If the content of the game makes them uncomfortable, they're free to not buy/play it. It's stupid to tone the game down for everyone. 

Thats why i just buy all the consoles, have no issues. Play Sony most but end of the day idc much. So i miss a scene where there are tits? if I'm that interested in it, ill youtube it... but i prefer the real deal compared to digital in game bouncy tits.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Should be no censorship. Oh wow a game shows a theme of suicide. Who cares. Nipples or sexual images? who cares. "Bad words" ? who, fucking cares.

I wish the world wasn't so damn soft and parents didnt shelter their kids.

Again…..

you don’t own Sony 

they can set the requirements they feel outs their system in the best light. 

33 minutes ago, Lord_Raiden said:

Again…..

you don’t own Sony 

they can set the requirements they feel outs their system in the best light. 

I'm well aware it's their decision. But if a game is censored for ripping an under age kids face off, it is what it is. In the end i don't care too much. 

I just don't buy any sony first party games new. they don't get a bean out of me and many others do it too, they've lost massive amounts of sales. But they can't afford to care about sales as much as investors. Tons of woke snobs inherited billions over the years and if sony don't play ball, well you saw what happened to facebook.

bot accounts are made over the years in droves, and when a decision is made by a company the wookies don't like they kill those bot accounts whilst orchestrating a mass financial exodus from investors, causing a landslide that fucks things up royally. 

sony know they have lost allot of sales since PS3 days, hence why god of war is on PC. buy ps+ on a cdkeys website, and either rent/buy pre owned. see if they get their shit together before it's too late.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

58 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

I just don't buy any sony first party games new. they don't get a bean out of me and many others do it too, they've lost massive amounts of sales. But they can't afford to care about sales as much as investors. Tons of woke snobs inherited billions over the years and if sony don't play ball, well you saw what happened to facebook.

bot accounts are made over the years in droves, and when a decision is made by a company the wookies don't like they kill those bot accounts whilst orchestrating a mass financial exodus from investors, causing a landslide that fucks things up royally. 

sony know they have lost allot of sales since PS3 days, hence why god of war is on PC. buy ps+ on a cdkeys website, and either rent/buy pre owned. see if they get their shit together before it's too late.

let’s see…….. 117 million ps4’s sold so far 

88 million ps3’s

17 million ps5’s so far

seems like they are doing  just fine 

but keep telling yourself what ever propaganda that makes you feel better 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

16 minutes ago, Lord_Raiden said:

let’s see…….. 117 million ps4’s sold so far 

88 million ps3’s

17 million ps5’s so far

seems like they are doing  just fine 

but keep telling yourself what ever propaganda that makes you feel better 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

i was talking about games, not consoles. people are invested in the eco system and their friends/communities etc. the games are not pulling in the numbers, many who used to roll ps/pc just go with pc now. 

Poor Martha got censored, her thread here locked, and to top it off she is dead. She did re-ignite conversation of this important and controversial topic and that is good to see.

When XBox and Steam allow the game to release as visioned and Sony is the only company who thinks they need to provide a warm blanket and safe space for its users then it will just hurt the sales of the game on their console, even if by just a little bit. I doubt much people are saying ‘man, I need to get the edited version’ when there is a choice. Many aren’t afforded a choice and some won’t care if a little content is cut but there will be some sales Sony missed out on due to their opinionated censorship.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

sony know they have lost allot of sales since PS3 days, hence why god of war is on PC

Lol what? They announced God of War had sold 20 million copies ahead of the PC release

People can dislike certain things Sony are doing if they want but to act like they're either in trouble or will be in trouble any time soon is silly

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NMErickson said:

When XBox and Steam allow the game to release as visioned and Sony is the only company who thinks they need to provide a warm blanket and safe space for its users then it will just hurt the sales of the game on their console, even if by just a little bit. I doubt much people are saying ‘man, I need to get the edited version’ when there is a choice. Many aren’t afforded a choice and some won’t care if a little content is cut but there will be some sales Sony missed out on due to their opinionated censorship.

again, Sony can do what ever they want, if you don’t like it go somewhere else 

yet here you are 

• 3 months later...

Censorship used to be imposed by the authorities and not the platform company itself. Maybe Sony is aiming at a younger audience these days, but them moving to California from Japan surely played a role on certain issues. If you really want to avoid censorship there is no other option than PC

Edited by bayabug
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Since we are discussing about topics censored on Succubus, it was closed and moved to here.

I haven't bought and played Succubus, but I know of things like it, same as Agory and Lust For Darkness. They are both censored as well.

But one thing became interesting when I checked on the PS store page for Succubus. It says nothing about censored on Game info.
You don't get information if the game is heavily censored when you buy the game, then you will feel like fools.

They should get what they buy.

It should be uncensored since it doesn't have info about the game is heavily censored.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...