MHW: Iceborne trophy thoughts?

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

A long time ago, Sony said that they have a rule where a platinum cannot need dlc to be achieved. Doesn't giving a dlc it's own plat kinda fall in a grey area with that?

No. What Sony meant is that a user needs to be able to earn the platinum without having to buy a dlc. You don't need to buy ice world to earn the platinum in  the normal monster hunter world. So everything is fine here. 

This rule is actually still active btw. A recent example would be destiny 2, which had to change multiple trophies in its base game because of dlc releases. 

I haven't played this game myself, but many trophies look the same as the original. Might autopop be a thing here? 

Edited by Sinthoras_96

29 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

No. What Sony meant is that a user needs to be able to earn the platinum without having to buy a dlc. You don't need to buy ice world to earn the platinum in  the normal monster hunter world. So everything is fine here. 

This rule is actually still active btw. A recent example would be destiny 2, which had to change multiple trophies in its base game because of dlc releases. 

I haven't played this game myself, but many trophies look the same as the original. Might autopop be a thing here? 

Which trophies should autopop? All are related to Master rank. I cannot find single trophy, which should autopop.

20 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Which trophies should autopop? All are related to Master rank. I cannot find single trophy, which should autopop.

Wasn't that crown stuff for example also in the base game? If the stats carry over it might be possible 

I put about 150 hours into MHW before I gave up on the Platinum. Grinding is one thing but grinding plus hoping the RNG goes your way is another. Still getting Iceborne even though the trophies look like another trip into RNG hell. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

Could be another challenging platinum but mainly time consuming due to RNG. Since I on average sink about 400hrs into any given monster hunter game anyway I expect this to be no different as it seems they have added a massive amount of content. On top of all the new/returning monsters we will have to fight all of the old monsters again in master rank no doubt so that will stretch out the gameplay.

I can only assume the new crown trophies will refer to the new monsters/subspecies being introduced in world not the old ones however it may possibly include the added dlc monsters (Deviljho, Lunastra) as they weren't included in the original trophy.

I believe Master Rank was confirmed as being seperate from HR in an interview somewhere but don't hold me to it.

This trophy list seems largely like a collectathon with the endemic life and treasure trophies (Which may mean that treasure hunting quests are returning from the old games?). Regardless Im super excited for the expansion and I would expect that a lot of these trophies will be picked up fairly easily by just playing through the game.

EDIT:

Upon futher inspection of the trophy images It looks like pendants are something that can be attatched to your weapons, "The Guided Lands" could be some form of tower reminicent of older games. and finally on the last few icons on the trophy list I believe these could be new monster icons as I don't recall seeing them before.

Edited by StevenyJames
additional information
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

So not to sound like an idiot- but is this a new game on its own? or just DLC?

"DLC"

I believe it will require you to finish the main story of the original game but in regards to size it will be roughly the same as MHW .

6 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

I'm just as confused.  Will this effect the existing MHW trophy list in any way or will that remain at 100% after Iceborne releases?

Its separate. It won't affect the old list at all. Personally I love that they did it this way, that way us who don't want to kill ourselves over Gold Crowns can just ignore it and keep 100% on base game. Optional for those who really need more!

1 minute ago, SINISTER-SINS_ said:

Its separate. It won't affect the old list at all. Personally I love that they did it this way, that way us who don't want to kill ourselves over Gold Crowns can just ignore it and keep 100% on base game. Optional for those who really need more!

That's awesome!  Absolutely loved MHW but I don't know if I can deal with more gold crown hunting, not to mention there is now an 8 month old son in the picture.  ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

It's weird to hear crown complaints after all those free crown events.

Grinding over and over and seeing that gold crown pop on score screen was absolutely magical, I'm looking forward to experiencing it again.

I believe its the elder dragons and black diablos that was the problem as they didn't have easy event crowns

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Grinding over and over and seeing that gold crown pop on score screen was absolutely magical, I'm looking forward to experiencing it again.

What Crown Events were there for Black/Regular Diablos?

6 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Right? 

It wasnt that bad either, you can team up with other people and in no time tips on how to measure the monster will pop which actually makes the hunting a lot easier. The feeling of getting those crowns are pretty good.

The only one that gave me a headache was the Black Diablos because I didnt know how to measure her and ended up killing her more than a hundred times until I found the formula.

I think is a great game, and Im personally up for the challenge again :D

• Like 1