ArmoredSnowman

MHW: Iceborne trophy thoughts?

109 posts in this topic

So, does this mean the DLC would be attainable standalone?

I wasn’t expecting this to get its own list with a platinum! :o Looks plenty challenging.

I'm glad they didn't add it to the World base game as a DLC. 

Trophy list seems almost the same as World one, the crowns for the biggest and smallest monsters will be pain in the ass, rest is probably just a matter of time.

They said you have to beat the main game and owning the base game is a requirement. 

Yeah seems 99% copied including the golden and silver crowns. I'm happy it has it's own list though, so i can ignore the content :P

My main question is will we have access to both lists at once? Like if I have Iceborne can i still get the base game trophies?

Also on a side note anyone wanna help me take down rank 50 kirin...

I'm really surprised that it gets its own trophy list. I've been meaning to get Monster Hunter: World. 

"The base game 'Monster Hunter: World,' sold separately, is required in order to play this content."

Not the first time when a DLC gets a standalone trophy list, still, pretty surprising.

Personally, I'm super happy about it. I demand more Monster Hunter games on PS4 Capcom!

Well, now I can focus on MHW and do Iceborne later on. Not a bad thing. :)

I was expecting like 7ish trophies.  A whole list is a pleasant surprise.  Are they going to add more medals to our Guild Card?

The list is too intimadating for me. I'll just finish up my first Monster Hunter World platinum and leave it at that.

I was actually hoping for a regular dlc list. There is no way I'm going for the crowns again.

What others have said, didn't expect it will have its own trophy list as well lol    

And of course they will include the Crown trophies. 

I strongly support this move from Capcom. This “DLC” is just too big for 13 bronze trophies being added to the existing MHW trophy list.

Almost the same they do with awards list on previous MH games, when G rank version its out... they just add more of the same awards on guild card. Anyway, as a MH veteran im happy to see Iceborn expansion having separate trophy list and his own platinum! :)

Seeing as how it's an expansion which one would assume would carry over your stats from the main game you would hope that would mean crown progress would carry over as well, but knowing Capcom most likely not. I really hope they don't make us grind that luck based nonsense again. 

A long time ago, Sony said that they have a rule where a platinum cannot need dlc to be achieved. Doesn't giving a dlc it's own plat kinda fall in a grey area with that?

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

A long time ago, Sony said that they have a rule where a platinum cannot need dlc to be achieved. Doesn't giving a dlc it's own plat kinda fall in a grey area with that?

Driveclub bikes was also a DLC with a platinum, there are probably a few others I'm not aware of, but its not a new thing.

I'm really happy with this trophy list, i was expecting at most a small trophy list that just followed the main story. I think trophies should expect you to fully experience all the games content, and expect you to reach endgame milestones, this list is an early christmas, i hope more expansions are like this.

1 minute ago, Orphioon said:

Driveclub bikes was also a DLC with a platinum, there are probably a few others I'm not aware of, but its not a new thing.

Drive club bikes was a standalone though. You didn't need the base game. That's not the case here right?

Posted (edited)

A Platinum, that's surprising and very good after i platinumed MHW, but: Oh... not those damn crowns again. Please no, please no,no,no.

Edited by Sikutai

The only advantage is that there won't be so much monsters in Iceborn like it was in base game. At least I think so, right?

Shit, that's another 400 hours of crown grinding 😂