DEI2EK

Genshin Impact

12 posts in this topic

Chinese RPG game, not sure if it's an MMO? Game coming to PS4. The gameplay looks fun

Releasing worldwide in 2020

Some info about the game

Genshin Impact is an open world action game set in the fantasy world called “Teyvat”, offering players a freely explorable world, multiple playable characters, an in-depth elemental combo-based combat system and an engaging story. As a mysterious figure called “The Traveler”, players will embark on a journey of exploring the world filled with secrets, encountering distinct characters, defeating new adversaries and ultimately reuniting with their lost kin. The game has completed its first Closed Beta Test on iOS and PC to great success and is planning to have new beta test phases in the future.

Introduction

Aeons ago, the elder elemental gods gave civilization to the human race, but the world soon splintered as corruption and greed grew without check. The gods watched from their abode in Celestia and selected the worthy to sit by their side and maintain the balance that hold the world together in one piece.

Magical Universe

The world is divided into culturally unique environs and themes. Delve into the ruins of a blasted empire that went too far in forbidden technologies, scale massive gothic towers of medieval fortresses, savor fine tea from jade pavilions, spar with kenshis in Sakura woods, and let your imaginations go wild in this definitive Universe. The epic backstory and lore will enrich your thirst for more knowledge about this magical universe…

Trailer

Main character is very cute! There are english subs

Apparently Zelda fans are losing their shit over this game, claiming it to be a copy of Breath of the Wild. The only real similarity I see is that they both appear to be the same genre. I never realized Zelda fans were so toxic. In my opinion, Genshin Impact looks like a better and more fun game than Breath of the Wild.

https://kotaku.com/zelda-fans-protest-smash-ps4-over-very-similar-chinese-1836963210/amp

(Better hope these Zelda fans don't find out about Oceanhorn, or Adventure Time: Nameless Kingdom, or the countless other action adventure games out there)

It looks great! I want it. And yes, it DOES heavily incorporate Zelda vibes. Not all Zelda fans are toxic. It has the same art style, and looks to be taken straight from the game itself. Ocean Horn is basically wind waker. I don't think anyone honestly cares. It's a fun game

Edited by sealightbreeze

This looks great. Definitely going to keep an eye on it.

Looks funner than BotW.  I just hope Weapons don't break like in that game.
And... YEAH!  Waifus for life!

Some certain Zelda fans out there just need to calm down. The world does not revolve around Nintendo & Link. If someone else wants to make a similar ARPG, let them do that, especially when it looks so good like this one. Just keep weapon breakage away from it.

Game looks pretty good, may look into don't know if it is MMO, hoping not, if it is hoping for some sort of single player.

Edited by Nightstream88

The game looks interesting but i'm always careful with this type of games, coming out even on the Phone it's not a good sign for a good game, especially an adventure one that supposedly should be a big one.

Gotta say, this looks really good. I loved BotW on the Switch and more of this can't be wrong. Btw, kudos to the guy smashing his PS4 because of it. Otherwise I wouldn't have heard of this. 👍

Glad the search engine is working well...

Official website: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

You can try your luck and register for upcoming Final Closed Beta. This closed beta test supports mobile platforms (Android and iOS), PC (Windows) and the PlayStation® 4 platform.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/3334

10 supported languages (text): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French, Russian, Vietnamese and Thai.