MyNameIs_Rainman

Most Visually Appealing Platinums?

96 posts in this topic

So I recently finished achieving the platinum trophy for Final Fantasy 8 Remaster, and I was a bit disappointed in the look of the platinum (well..they all have a generic kinda look to them). At least they take some effort into a design, because it feels pretty lazy when all the icons are exactly the same, with maybe a subtle color difference for the trophy distinction. This also popped in my head right after I installed Borderlands 3 and I thought to myself, "I like that platinum, I think I'm going to have to get it".

 

So this got me thinking, what is the most visually appealing platinum you have in your collection? Does it match the quality/difficulty of the game?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like the Heavy Rain & Hellblade platinum trophy icons myself. Both well worth playing but Hellblade is the better of the two in my opinion. The difficulty isn't relevant to the quality of a platinum trophy image in my opinion but I love the Life Is Strange platinum trophy icons. Those are easy games but their icons are visually appealing in my opinion. Also the POWGI platinum icons are nice to look at too @luckydonut

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

I quite like the Heavy Rain & Hellblade platinum trophy icons myself. Both well worth playing but Hellblade is the better of the two in my opinion. The difficulty isn't relevant to the quality of a platinum trophy image in my opinion but I love the Life Is Strange platinum trophy icons. Those are easy games but their icons are visually appealing in my opinion. Also the POWGI platinum icons are nice to look at too @luckydonut


I agree the difficulty has nothing to do with it, but I do enjoy a nice looking plat on a quality game. Dragon Quest XI has a nice looking one, and the game was flawless IMO. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is an example of generic ones. They literally all look the same, with the plat just having a slightly different color on part of it. Just seems a bit lazy on the devs. I intend to get it regardless, but it just looks like it was slapped up last minute.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kingdom Hearts series usually has good looking plat icons

Xenoverse 1 and 2 have some cool looking plats too, not that i have either of those yet

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LittleBigPlanet 1 and BF: Bad Company are two of my favourite platinum icons.

 

MAG also has probably the best one, shame I never got to play that. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MyNameIs_Rainman the Mass Effect serious always had pretty sleek trophy design. 

@El Duderino dude lol that's a tad harsh seeing as how all the dude asked for was what our favorites were, no where does it explicitly say he wants to see an image.....*trailing off* So as far as misunderstandings go.................

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:


I agree the difficulty has nothing to do with it, but I do enjoy a nice looking plat on a quality game. Dragon Quest XI has a nice looking one, and the game was flawless IMO. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is an example of generic ones. They literally all look the same, with the plat just having a slightly different color on part of it. Just seems a bit lazy on the devs. I intend to get it regardless, but it just looks like it was slapped up last minute.

 

That's fair enough. But then again, the icons for Heavy Rain all looked the same, just different color but I liked the blue tone used for the platinum. DQ XI I will agree with in regards to the icon. I do like the look of it. 

 

Also, the Uncharted platinums. Very simple designs but effective and pleasing to the eye.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SigmaCloud said:

Besides the Kingdom Hearts series, I really like the Valkyria Chronicles platinum.

 

1Lca7734.png

This actually looks amazing, I agree. Might be one of the best ones I've seen.i have this game too, just haven't played it yet. I liked the stylized look of it, I just haven't jumped into it yet. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vergil said:

1L2f0714.png

 

1Le8e287.png

 

1Lede1b3.png

 

1L6909fe.png

 

1L834724.png

 

1L876453.png

 

 

1L20e491.png

 

 

A few of these are really nice. Can't tell what games they come from though?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

A few of these are really nice. Can't tell what games they come from though?

Raiden IV, SSF4, Darius burst, Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena, Caladrius Blaze and Binary Domain

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vergil said:

Raiden IV, SSF4, Darius burst, Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena, Caladrius Blaze and Binary Domain

Nice. The BD plat is definitely my favorite of those.

 

As for the OP, I would say the Saints Row, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone and LBP series all have great looking plats.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To this day DH2 is still my favorite and also one of the best games of this Gen (super underrated). 

 

1L6f1b67.png

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

1L010a29.png

1L4e210a.png

1L0fe68d.png

1La654df.png

Those are all pretty cool, especially the first two, they are amazing looking! What are they from? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.