With this one being remade.....

Taliesin_2943

Well... buy it--preferably at full price--and you certainly won't be hurting its chances. I'd say its chances are pretty good anyway; oodles of reusable assets and few changes to gameplay mechanics do tend to sway odds in a game's favour. Not to mention the in-built nostalgia demographic and the extra sales it will undoubtedly accrue for ostensibly being an easy platinum.

On the whole, I'm pretty optimistic.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Most people have a really hard time differentiating between remake, remaster and enhanced port.

Yes, this is a Remake. They had to make the game again, hence the term "remake".

Throw in reboot too to make it more confusing. Tomb Raider was considered a reboot of the franchise. God of War can be too. Resident Evil 2 was a remake. The Last of Us was considered a remaster. The three Rs to consider now: Remaster, remake, and reboot. Gotta love it

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Which is the difference between Spyro or Crash trilogy and this single game.

Meaning, is this one that big and a lot of more work or they just went greedy and preferred to make the 1st instead of a full collection? Just asking.

Supposedly there is some new things sprinkled here and there. What exactly? Nobody actually knows yet, but to answer your question, it's probably the lack of resources considering Other Ocean is no Vicarious Visions or Toys For Bob coming directly from Activision that clearly with a smaller team they spent almost as much time if not more on one game whereas N. Sane and Reignited could afford that luxury. On the bright side, in my personal opinion I almost think this is the most polished looking of the three considering especially in Spyro's case it was rather buggy at launch.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

Supposedly there is some new things sprinkled here and there. What exactly? Nobody actually knows yet, but to answer your question, it's probably the lack of resources considering Other Ocean is no Vicarious Visions or Toys For Bob coming directly from Activision that clearly with a smaller team they spent almost as much time if not more on one game whereas N. Sane and Reignited could afford that luxury. On the bright side, in my personal opinion I almost think this is the most polished looking of the three considering especially in Spyro's case it was rather buggy at launch.

Ok, thank you, I thought it could be because this would be more polished or a license issue with the rest of the series.

6 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Correct, it's been remade from the ground up leveraging the same story writing and art assets. I'm super curious to see what has been changed, removed or added in.

Having played the demo, the opening narrator has been changed, along with no mention of kittens in bonnets :(

As much as I am into the idea of the sequel being remade, I doubt it since:
1. Sony barely marketed the game in contrast to Death Stranding and Last of Us Part II. Same thing happened to Gravity Rush 2, Days Gone and PS All-Stars Battle Royale.
and 2. It releases on the same day as Activision Blizzard's microtransaction heavy Call of Duty Modern Warfare, which will sell millions anyway. And that's not even mentioning their ties to China and the fact they lie about no predatory microtransactions as they will add them in after the review phase is over, like it happened with CoD Black Ops 4 and CTR Nitro Fueled.

Edited by Dark771
  • Like 1

it's better that the sequel remains buried, because that chapter was THE SHIT compared to the first one. Why? Because everything that was good in Medi 1 (locations, atmosphere, the story, hero's hall etc) was completely thrown off for the classic time travelling story. And worst of all, in the sequel, Sir Daniel could talk, even without the mandible (his grunts were another good point of the first title, because they add another point to the atmosphere, that was composed of tragic-epic-black humor elements). 

I hope that this remake will sell good, so they will finally start the series (because MediEvil deserves to be a series).

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Dark771 said:

As much as I am into the idea of the sequel being remade, I doubt it since:
1. Sony barely marketed the game in contrast to Death Stranding and Last of Us Part II. Same thing happened to Gravity Rush 2, Days Gone and PS All-Stars Battle Royale.
and 2. It releases on the same day as Activision Blizzard's microtransaction heavy Call of Duty Modern Warfare, which will sell millions anyway. And that's not even mentioning their ties to China and the fact they lie about no predatory microtransactions as they will add them in after the review phase is over, like it happened with CoD Black Ops 4 and CTR Nitro Fueled.

I don't think there's a lot of overlap between the people buying COD and this, they're totally different games.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, LordBilbanes said:

After having played the game for an hour and a half, I happen to think it's worthy of more attention than the latest entry in the Call of Duty franchise.  Also, for a budget title, the game looks fantastic.

About the attention part, prepare to be severely disappointed.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/10/30/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-sales/