turniplord

Read and experience the story...

16 posts in this topic

It would be interesting to see how many people would even play games if they removed the trophies.  But, that is a different topic that has already been discussed. :hmm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, turniplord said:

So, Raging Loop is now out in EU and out tomorrow in NA - there are guides out there showing you how to get the platinum in under 30 mins by using the mechanic which was placed in the game in case a pathway or option doesn't unlock (basically unlocking the whole timeline from the start).
...
...
...
Just for context, reading the story, playing through each pathway, replaying the game for the optional revelation comments and getting the platinum, took me about 40-45 hours.

 

Wow. A 45 hour game can be reduced to a 30 min platinum?!?

 

For clarification, can you use the mechanic at any point of the game? In particular, can I play through one or two endings, and if things aren't unlocking (or I'm bored at that point), just use the mechanic to unlock the rest of the trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

It would be interesting to see how many people would even play games if they removed the trophies.  But, that is a different topic that has already been discussed. :hmm:

 

I think I'd go back to being mostly a Nintendo player.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

It would be interesting to see how many people would even play games if they removed the trophies.  But, that is a different topic that has already been discussed. :hmm:

The Switch has nothing like that and people keep buying a lot of games.

 

I feel that Trophies can attract attention to games that don't really deserve it, while worthwhile games are passedby gamers due to an all bronze Trophylist or at least one without a Platinum Trophy. 

 

I agree with @turniplord that you should play a game like it's meant too and not just for gaining some quick Trophies.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ConAir said:

The Switch has nothing like that and people keep buying a lot of games.

 

I was referring to PS3/PS4 players.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

It would be interesting to see how many people would even play games if they removed the trophies.  But, that is a different topic that has already been discussed. :hmm:


I think Certain gamers that are now fixated on the trophies will find it hard going back to playing a game for entertainment and enjoyment. Personally, I’ve enjoyed playing some games more on the Switch than the PS4, even though I have the game on both consoles, just because I’m not getting the urge to constantly look at what trophies there are and how to unlock them. 
 

I don’t really have an issue with trophy hunters in general, I just don’t understand why they’d buy visual novels and other such games with no intention on playing them, simply abusing the mechanics to get a quick platinum. Isn’t the point of a game to play it?

 

its like the other week, I was looking on ebay and I saw some people are offering a service where you pay them and they’ll unlock trophies for you. Sometimes they were charging more than the price of the game, just so you get the platinum. The whole thing is bonkers. 
 

initially I thought Nintendo was mad for not having trophies, but now I believe otherwise.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People do this crap with steins gate, chaos child, fata morgana, etc... It's just so upsetting people ignore such amazing stories just so their profile can have bigger numbers. Every VN I've played I've put in minimum of 30 hours and they're worth the experience. 

2 hours ago, turniplord said:


I think Certain gamers that are now fixated on the trophies will find it hard going back to playing a game for entertainment and enjoyment. Personally, I’ve enjoyed playing some games more on the Switch than the PS4, even though I have the game on both consoles, just because I’m not getting the urge to constantly look at what trophies there are and how to unlock them. 
 

I don’t really have an issue with trophy hunters in general, I just don’t understand why they’d buy visual novels and other such games with no intention on playing them, simply abusing the mechanics to get a quick platinum. Isn’t the point of a game to play it?

 

its like the other week, I was looking on ebay and I saw some people are offering a service where you pay them and they’ll unlock trophies for you. Sometimes they were charging more than the price of the game, just so you get the platinum. The whole thing is bonkers. 
 

initially I thought Nintendo was mad for not having trophies, but now I believe otherwise.  

Yeah I've seen those trophy buying services, so dumb. People probably just want bragging rights but don't have the skill/time to do it themselves. It's just ridiculous to think people out there actually pay others to unlock trophies.

 

Also even with games like Destiny people will pay others to unlock weapons or beat the raids for them. 

Edited by aZombieDictator
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turniplord said:


I think Certain gamers that are now fixated on the trophies will find it hard going back to playing a game for entertainment and enjoyment. Personally, I’ve enjoyed playing some games more on the Switch than the PS4, even though I have the game on both consoles, just because I’m not getting the urge to constantly look at what trophies there are and how to unlock them. 
 

I don’t really have an issue with trophy hunters in general, I just don’t understand why they’d buy visual novels and other such games with no intention on playing them, simply abusing the mechanics to get a quick platinum. Isn’t the point of a game to play it?

 

its like the other week, I was looking on ebay and I saw some people are offering a service where you pay them and they’ll unlock trophies for you. Sometimes they were charging more than the price of the game, just so you get the platinum. The whole thing is bonkers. 
 

initially I thought Nintendo was mad for not having trophies, but now I believe otherwise.  

 

As someone who plays for trophies a lot and makes guides (I might seem extremely biased to some) but I love Nintendo games too. I have a good few Switch games that I play on a regular basis, such as Mario Kart 8 or Untitled Goose Game. As much as I collect trophies, sometimes I like to get away from them too. Sometimes I turn my Switch on and just enjoy the game without worrying about trophies, so I agree with Turniplord, but I personally like to balance between the two platforms. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

Wow. A 45 hour game can be reduced to a 30 min platinum?!?

 

For clarification, can you use the mechanic at any point of the game? In particular, can I play through one or two endings, and if things aren't unlocking (or I'm bored at that point), just use the mechanic to unlock the rest of the trophies?

Sorry, never saw this comment.

Technically, yeah. As you progress through the story, you'll follow a branching timeline. Each time you make a choice it branches and by the time you reach the final chapter, you'll have unlocked all of the timeline yourself.

I never encountered any issue with it unlocking things on its own, but I imagine there must be instances where it 'could' happen, that's why they put in this option rather than just ensuring the game doesn't ever need that option. 

Although, if you enjoy the story, you shouldn't really want to skip by using the option because each time you loop back to the beginning of the game, the narrative drastically changes as more people are introduced, the guardians pick different humans to posses and the story takes a new turn in regards to what's happening and what role you play in it. Then, once you've completed the game, you go back and unlock new pathways and make new discoveries so that you can work towards the best ending.

To back up though, the 'unlock' can be used whenever but it doesn't simply unlock the trophies - it just unlocks the timeline so you can, if you really have to, simply jump into specific moments and the trophies will pop. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only kinda annoying thing about this is that there probably won't be a legit trophy guide for the game now.

 

I get VN's because (obviously) I like them and it's my favorite genre. I follow trophy guides instead of playing blind because it's the most efficient way to go through the entire story/every route... not to just blast through for a 3 hour plat.

 

If people want to play these just for a the easy plat, then ok, more power to em. I want VN devs to get their money. But it just seems idiotic... Unless you get them on sale they are priced at standard game cost points, generally $40-60. It's not just some ratalakia game you get for three bucks, I don't see the value proposition there. 

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

The only kinda annoying thing about this is that there probably won't be a legit trophy guide for the game now.

 

I get VN's because (obviously) I like them and it's my favorite genre. I follow trophy guides instead of playing blind because it's the most efficient way to go through the entire story/every route... not to just blast through for a 3 hour plat.

 

If people want to play these just for a the easy plat, then ok, more power to em. I want VN devs to get their money. But it just seems idiotic... Unless you get them on sale they are priced at standard game cost points, generally $40-60. It's not just some ratalakia game you get for three bucks, I don't see the value proposition there. 

I think Sean from Knoef guides will be writing a guide for this at some point - he doesn't like taking shortcuts so will most likely do a full guide for people wanting to experience the story.

That said though, if you play through the game normally, you won't miss anything. although there are branches at times, it's usually mandatory to experience all branches before you can proceed. The only trophies you may 'miss' are a few secret endings you can only find once you complete the game. As such, if you picked this up and played it blind, all you'd need to do, if you haven't found them, is look up certain trophies once you've finished for a hint on where to look. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished the first route of the game and I am really intrigued. I thought this game one of the many mediocore VNs, which I played too many of, but I the story is actually really fascinating. It bears a strong resemblence to the Higurashi and Umineko franchise. And I am a sucker for murder-mystery horror stories. So yeah, definitely play the game and enjoy the story.

while I get that many people are playing just for trophies, it is a real shame to skip this game in like 15 minutes just for a plat. It is the same for the utterly brilliant VN The House in Fata Morgana.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll play it normally. Not much fun to just no-effort my way through everything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.