Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

Homefront: The Revolution (3.6/10)

A game that was released in such a piss-poor state, I came to the conclusion that the game was obviously pushed out of early development just for a quick cash grab. On top of it's awful technical performance, the rest of the game suffers even worst.

One, the story (I can't believe nor take seriously that the U.S. would buy military equipment and weapons from North Korea. And that North Korea would successfully invade and capture the U.S. AND, that the international community would just sit back and do nothing!).

Two, the characters (A collection of carbon copy cliches and a silent, no personality whatsoever protagonist is what you get here).

And three, the gameplay (Terribly slow gunplay, dumbest A.I. I have ever seen and just an all around feeling of boredom and waste).

HTR is a terrible game. Be very wary of games released by Dambuster Studios.

Resident Evil 2 Re-Imagined as a game based on Resident Evil 2 it is awful as it is so unfaithful and unrecognizable when compared to the original. BUT as a stand alone game it is really good, I feel they should have just made it into Resident Evil 8 or a spin-off like Revelations as all they would have had to do is change a few names.

I will agree with Bound by Flame it is pretty meh, i got it for about 2$ on a flash sale.

Horizon Zero Dawn felt too much like an agenda disguised as a game and the gameplay was pretty boring since it was based around Robotic Dinosaurs. It was a very beautiful game overall but I also find sandbox games to be very boring so this one might be a bit biased.

Souls games as the combat is so sluggish and clunky and has not improved much from Demon Souls to Dark Souls 3. Some of the "Souls-like" games have much smoother and fluid combat which is kind of odd when you think about it. Bloodbourne was smooth and fluid though so I do not include it when I mention "Souls-like" games.

Yes i expect to get flamed for these opinions. I am also very picky about what games I do play so i usually research before buying anything hence why I have so few "terrible" games. None of these are the worst games ever by any means.

Edited by Void

On 13.4.2020 at 8:24 AM, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

Friday the 13th, just... janky controls, bad gameplay, easy to cheat. 

Prob. this. Was fun for 5mins then generic recycled trash of a game. I also really hate both Doom games on the newer gen, but thats another story. Most FPS games these days are recycled junk. Really miss quality FPS like Half Life and fun ones like the Timesplitters series.

Edited by AVALANCHESOLD1ER

1 hour ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Zombie: 

just booring 

crash dummy: 

a joke of a game 

Infamous second son: 

story sucked compared to the first infamous games and way too short, only the neon powers were fun. But they were just a prototype rip off.  Thankfully it was for free

Infamous came out a month before prototype did

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Infamous 1 came out in May of 2009, Prototype came out June of 2009. Neither are rip-offs of each other

it doesnt matter when the first infamous game came out , when a later installment rip offs gameplay by an older game from another franchise, then its legitimate to call it a rip off. Just like its fine to say saints row 4 (2013) rips off elements by prototype 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

2 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

it doesnt matter when the first infamous game came out , when a later installment rip offs gameplay by an older game from another franchise, then its legitimate to call it a rip off. Just like its fine to say saints row 4 (2013) rips off elements by prototype 

Other than the fact second son uses multiple powers, what exactly does it rip off? They play completely different, prototype focuses on melee combat and infamous focuses on mostly projectile combat, I've played both. They're both just superhero sandbox games, if that's your requirements for being a rip-off, you're really reaching

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Other than the fact second son uses multiple powers, what exactly does it rip off? They play completely different, prototype focuses on melee combat and infamous focuses on mostly projectile combat, I've played both. They're both just superhero sandbox games, if that's your requirements for being a rip-off, you're really reaching

i just called the neon power rip off , which is right because my first thought, when i was using them was: Just like in Protoype only with boring combat. So I have already seen this (even better).  unfortunately this was the only new and fun power for me, the rest of the game is booooring. So the only good thing this game had (besides graphic), was nothing that was new for me . 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

RICO

I feel bad ripping on this game because the devs seem to be chill but my GOD is it a clusterfuck.

For those curious, it's a split-screen coop FPS roguelite where you play as cops that have to take out criminals in prodecurally generated "dungeons" like hotel rooms, mansions, construction sites, offices and so forth, and the main gimmick is that when you knock down a door you enter into a slow-mo state that's supposed to help you take out your targets.
...except the game starts dropping frames once the slow-mo kicks in and your inputs don't get registered at all. It's incredibly frustrating.

On top of that in some missions you've to disarm bombs on a time limit and you'll get enemy reinforcements every time you complete objectives and overall the game loves to screw with you at the worst of times.

So yeah, stay far away from that one, it isn't even a fun platinum, you've to complete a whole case on Hard. I had to savescum a lot to stand a chance at all.

Terraria. 

I like Minecraft and it’s frequently on lists of games similar to Minecraft, and it’s consistently highly rated. 

I don’t know why people like it. The controls suck, you dig tiny little pixels at a time and it’s infuriating, the monsters are annoying and never ending. I didn’t even make it past the first day/night cycle I was so annoyed and bored by it. 

On 2019-11-14 at 2:30 PM, crauuecrauue said:

A tossup between:

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Death Stranding
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Driveclub
  • God of War
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Killzone: Shadowfall
  • Knack
  • Knack II
  • Marvel’s Spider-man
  • Nioh
  • The Order 1886
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Until Dawn

Ah, so you are an xbox fan. Thats funny trolling :)

On 2019-10-29 at 2:53 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn- Boring and bland open-world gameplay, characters are dull and sound like they're reading straight from a teleprompter. 

A Hat in Time- Boring af and not sure why people like it

So you played those games on a different account? 

---------------------------------

Can someone explain to me why they put My Name is Mayo as the worst game on Ps4?

It does exactly what it says in the description.

"This is a clicking adventure that simulates the real-life tapping of a Mayo Jar! You will unveil its story and (maybe) you will learn from it! If you are looking for a next generation gameplay experience and an engrossing open world environment...!!! Well, this is not that game... This is the touching story about a Mayo Jar."

I do understand that its not gonna be on peoples top 100 anytime soon, the whole thing is a meme. 

But call it the worst game ? I dont get it?

For me its "Little Adventure on the Prairie" because no , its not "A short and fun platforming adventure game." Its really bad platforming, reaaally bad.

Edited by Maaden_Swe
  • Like 4

I can definitely name Dark Souls Remastered as the top of my worst list nowadays. I have played a few games that I disliked to the point of having to force myself to finish them, either because the trophy list made the experience worse, or because I just did not see the appeal of the game in general. In DS, it was both, not only did I think the game was shit, but I would probably not have had it in me to sit through this game at least 3 times for the platinum, it was that bad, and the only good thing I can say about the game is that you can avoid the 2 needless extra playthroughs by having someone drop you the things you need to repeat the game for, which I gladly used to play less of this game.

I can put it above Nioh on the worst list because while Nioh made me rage more than any other game I have ever played in my life, I actually could get myself to finish it several times on cheap, increasing difficulties for the 100% completion, even though I was cursing for most of it, especially when it came time to play through the more ridiculous levels on Way Of The Demon. Dark Souls Remastered is, above all, mind numbingly boring for 95% of the time it is played. The moments that cause rage, like some horribly designed sections like the archer section in Anor Londo, Blighttown, or most of the Catacombs and Tomb Of The Giants, usually do not result in the levels of rage you get in Nioh because in Nioh you have all the deaths in quick succession. Die, be back in half a minute or less, die again, rinse repeat until you are raging properly and finally defeat the level or annoying boss. In DS, you usually have to put up with the games insane padding and walk the long way back to the area that you died in, which can take several minutes, especially if you bother with all the enemies that respawned. That often leads to the rage deflating instead of building, so you don't even have the rage to keep you occupied most of the time while you play a game that is mostly walking through oversized, empty worlds that only ever get really tight when you have to fight and could actually use some of that empty space for something.

Most of the things I hated about Nioh were the things it is has stolen from DS, though Nioh implemented them in a better way for the most part, which is something I would not have thought to be possible, but several really annoying parts of DS I was pretty much familiar with already, thanks to Nioh ripping them off. Nioh also had at least a select few boss fights that were genuinely fun and challenging in a non cheap way, even well designed, though these fights, like the Muneshige fight I enjoyed for example, were sadly the small minority, but at least they were there at all. Meanwhile DS has candidates for my all time worst designed boss encounters with the likes of Bed Of Chaos, or the Capra Demon, and stages like Crystal Cave that made me scratch my head wondering what substances these devs injected between their toes during the development cycle, and if these substances are required to enjoy the game properly. Safe to say that Souls games are not for me, hating two of them means it is highly unlikely I will like other games with that rotten formular, like Bloodborn or Sekiro, two games I therefore have on my avoid list together with any other game wearing the name Dark Souls or Nioh, no way I touch any of those unless I get paid or lose a really high stakes bet. I definitely hope that Souls formula will die in the next few years, though that is pretty unlikely given how many people, somehow, praise them as the best games they ever played, something I understandably can't even fathom given my experience with them.

Edited by Nighcisama