New Stack

westersburg

1 minute ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I’ve never double stacked games out of region but this is my GOTY and I’m down to play it again for another platinum. How do I do that? Just buy a copy from Japan and play it in my normal PS4, or are there weird steps I must go through?

You can either get a Japanese disc or make a Japanese psn and buy a card off play-asia download the game to your PS4 and then play on your main account.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

You can either get a Japanese disc or make a Japanese psn and buy a card off play-asia download the game to your PS4 and then play on your main account.

play-asia is way too overpriced

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cthulu-72 said:

So if I order a physical copy of the JP version from PlayAsia (or somewhere else) can I get the DLC for it later without a Japanese PSN account?

Doubt it. I have multiple games with region stacks and I'll use ffxv as an example. I had to buy the season pass for each region just for dlc, it doesn't appear under your content as purchasable otherwise. 

But I buy psn credit for other regions all the time on playasia and it's not too much for the cards.

It's easy to make a new region account though, you do need a card on file if you want to buy digital content I think though. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2019 at 7:08 AM, Vytautas20 said:

no, they have better initial prices than other shops. Discounts are different, but they have a lot of sales

Must be changed then. Because I remember a few years ago buying from Play-Asia and them being overpriced compared to the likes of solarisjapan and seagm.

By the way, I still stand by the fact that play-asia as a whole, is overpriced.

$110AUD for Robotics;Notes? Not a chance mate.

On 18/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, RoxasOnFire said:

Anyone know if the text or dialogue is in English for this version?

Pretty sure it's in English- I ordered a physical copy from PlayAsia, I can tell you for sure in hopefully less than a month. They were sold out but are supposed to be getting new stock tomorrow. 

Really looking forward to Platting this again, definitely my GOTY.

Does anyone know the reason there is a separate Japanese release? 

Edited by Cthulu-72
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cthulu-72 said:

Pretty sure it's in English- I ordered a physical copy from PlayAsia, I can tell you for sure in hopefully less than a month. They were sold out but are supposed to be getting new stock tomorrow. 

Really looking forward to Platting this again, definitely my GOTY.

Does anyone know the reason there is a separate Japanese release? 

Lol I ordered mine from playasia yesterday as well. Supposed to have some in stock today, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get delivered. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 3:39 AM, RoxasOnFire said:

Lol I ordered mine from playasia yesterday as well. Supposed to have some in stock today, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get delivered. 

Mine shipped yesterday, the shipping time says 1 week (I chose the highest tier shipping), but I am not too confident I'll get it that soon.

Edited by Cthulu-72

17 hours ago, Cthulu-72 said:

Mine shipped yesterday, the shipping time says 1 week (I chose the highest tier shipping), but I am not too confident I'll get it that soon.

Oh of course not, mine still hasn't shipped and I bought the higher tier one too. Good thing I stopped playing the NA version for a while so I have that to go back to. Lmk when yours comes in so I have an idea of what to expect in terms of a timeframe.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2019 at 4:40 AM, RoxasOnFire said:

Oh of course not, mine still hasn't shipped and I bought the higher tier one too. Good thing I stopped playing the NA version for a while so I have that to go back to. Lmk when yours comes in so I have an idea of what to expect in terms of a timeframe.

I got mine today, would have been sooner but FedEx was a pain .

This is probably a stupid question but I should probably uninstall the NA version and saves before installing the JP version, right?

Probably won't get to this any time soon because my backlog is ridiculous...then Doom Eternal and TLOU2.

On 12/31/2019 at 0:42 AM, Cthulu-72 said:

I got mine today, would have been sooner but FedEx was a pain .

This is probably a stupid question but I should probably uninstall the NA version and saves before installing the JP version, right?

Probably won't get to this any time soon because my backlog is ridiculous...then Doom Eternal and TLOU2.

I have both versions installed on my ps4 pro and didn't notice a save issue. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...