Feeling conflicted Playstation/Xbox

Cryogenicide_X

13 minutes ago, majob said:

I have Gamepass on my Xbone, It's about the only thing I keep it for right now and to me, it doesn't offer much that I don't already have access to on my PS4. Most of the games listed are old but there are new releases from time to time but most of them are indies. I do like it, don't get me wrong, but I don't see why it gets the praise it does when what it offers in my eyes is pretty menial. As it stands, I use it mostly as a long term demo for certain games I'm on the fence about buying.

If we're talking about the service offering games that we may already have access to or just out right preference in which games we like, then yeah I totally see where you're coming from. I think it gets a lot of praise due to the fact what it offers in general is of great value to the average gamer. When it comes down to the core gaming audience such as ourselves, opinions will no doubt vary from person to person. 

3 hours ago, majob said:

I have Gamepass on my Xbone, It's about the only thing I keep it for right now and to me, it doesn't offer much that I don't already have access to on my PS4. Most of the games listed are old but there are new releases from time to time but most of them are indies. I do like it, don't get me wrong, but I don't see why it gets the praise it does when what it offers in my eyes is pretty menial. As it stands, I use it mostly as a long term demo for certain games I'm on the fence about buying.

PS Now does have way more games than Gamepass though.

I'm in the same boat as you for being conflicted now. I was always Sony but I have owned every Xbox model as well and have always preferred their controllers to Sony's. Especially as they seem better built.

Though now I'm thinking of selling my PS4 and keeping my One but getting a gaming PC to go alongside it. My Pro controller is already wearing away after 12 months and I'm getting sick of Sony's censorship. Also touch pad and motion control gimmicks irk me as I'm a classic type.

18 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

PS Now does have way more games than Gamepass though.

If you only count current gen games it doesn't. With ps4 at 353, and xbox one at 354. It can be debated which service is worth more to the average person, however with the upcoming xbox console supposedly being backwards compatible with every xbox generation compared to the ps5 only being backwards compatible with the ps4(as of now) it's not hard to argue which one gives more value for a library

I'd like to get both, but If I had to get one now and the other one later, the PS5 would come first.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:33 AM, Dr_Shaneman said:

Also touch pad and motion control gimmicks irk me as I'm a classic type.

Touch pad functions can be OK for menus. Motion control is fine for me with a Move wand, but I don't like having to tilt or shake a gamepad for certain features.

Quote: "I have always primarily been a Playstation gamer all my life and do prefer Playstation, there's things that I do love about the Xbox though."

Answer 1 = Use the xbox for the things you love, playstation for everything else

Quote: "It's almost as if I feel it's one or the other"

Answer 2 = Playstation, you prefer it.

Quote: "It would be stupid however to sell my Xbox just to get rid of this feeling"

Answer 3 = Answer 1

Quote: " I don't know what to do because it's stopping me and interfering with my gaming because of feeling this way."

Answer 4 = Answer 2

Conclusion = Playstation, as you aren't able to accept both

• Like 1

In the past I owned both consoles.

Now I own only all Playstations 1,2,3,4 (fat models) and Vita.

The reason I quit MS Xbox was due to the red ring of death, had one console die and kept receiving a repaired (my own) back and every 2-3 months it would die again.

At the end like the 4th time I was fed up and threw it in the trash.

For playstation I have never had issues, apart from 1 hdd crash and a dead pram battery in my PS3.

So at this moment I use Playstation and PC, Playstation is for trophy hunting and coop play with friends that only have a PS and PC is for the same games only then not hunting for the achievements.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you truly love games you will get all consoles you can afford and play whatever you want when you want. I really dont understand the whole issue with why someone has to choose one platform over the other, Competition is good and makes Sony/MS/Nintendo strive towards bigger and better things. I switched from Xbox to Playstation this gen because MS dropped the ball and i will have no problem switching again should MS do a better job than Sony. 

Nintendo since they dont have any trophy/achievement system i just have for exclusive games/rpgs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 5:52 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

I'd like to get both, but If I had to get one now and the other one later, the PS5 would come first.

Touch pad functions can be OK for menus. Motion control is fine for me with a Move wand, but I don't like having to tilt or shake a gamepad for certain features.

I've needed to use the touch pad a few times via rubbing your finger over it and it can be very iffy. Doesn't always register a full straight flick for example.

if one of your arms or hands is noticeably larger/longer than the other, xbox is a great choice...otherwise stick with playstation...why?...

psnprofiles...best gaming site in the world...guiness recognizes it and sony tries to copy it...

controllers...they are symmetrical meaning they conform to most people's anatomy...no, it's not preference...it's biology...

shapes...shapes make sense in any order...x, y, a, b is irrational at best...“press b...b!"...dad, I can't read..."press red...red!“...dad, I'm colour blind..."let me see that for a sec...press the broken button!..."

and lastly, achievements...*blip*...generic blip sound like a friend coming online or receiving a text message...trophies...*ding*...like "congratulations!...you're a genuine f**king bada$$" ding...

convinced yet?...haha...

• Like 3

I can't say I really understand myself. I've always owned multiple consoles, thanks to exclusives mostly. I don't think you really need to "choose" one or the other, just play whatever you enjoy. I'd say that even if you end up not playing your Xbox very much, it's still worth keeping for any games you might want for it in the future. I've barely played my Xbox One in comparison to my PS4, and I've had both since their launch dates. But I don't regret my Xbox purchase at all, especially after they added partial backwards compatibility.

Just keep in mind that they're just consoles, not spouses. You don't need to be loyal to one and feel like you're cheating on it or something by also playing its competition from time to time.

• Like 1

I honestly think there's nothing wrong with multiplatform gaming.  It can be hard to get a good balance though to ensure you get a good value from each console you buy, however.  My own personal rule is that before I'll consider buying a console, there has to be at least five games available on it that I cannot get on my currently owned consoles or play on my PC or one of my all time favorite series has to get an exclusive on that console.

For me, Xbox has failed to get my interest since about midway in the last gen when the amount of JRPGs they were releasing went down.  JRPGs are the main reason why I buy consoles because a lot of Japanese devs still don't do PC releases.  I'm not really into any Nintendo first party games, so Playstation is pretty much my only platform besides PC.  PC definitely has a much larger and varied selection and there are many games on PC that I love that will never see the light of day on a console.  However, I can see why someone who prefers other genres may want to get an Xbox instead.  When it comes down to it, what console is best to buy very much depends on what games you enjoy playing, that's why it is best to do some research about the games that exist for the console before buying. 

• Like 1