Broken controllers/TV/console

launcestondevil

Nothing. Although throwing NES controllers at my brothers/dodging thrown controllers was a common occurrence in the 80's that would result in the controllers being confiscated for a week at a time. Those only survived because we had carpet and the short cords limited the velocity. If wireless controllers were a thing at that point, those would surely have been broken.

• Like 2

Never broken a controller and especially not a TV.

While I do get really pissed off sometimes, I'm always able to remember a new controller is a fair bit ($80 or so) which instantly settles my current shitfit and stops me from breaking anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't broken a controller since like 2011. I broke a PS3 controller out of rage, had to buy a new one and vowed to stop getting THAT angry. Before the PS3 days though...I was bad, REALLY bad. I broke several PS1 and PS2 controllers, broke game cases, anything...my rage wasn't satisfied unless I broke something. But after that one PS3 controller I had to stop doing that shit. Never broke a TV or console though.

When I used to run demos for Playstation I had a complete tool throw my controller because he lost at NHL 11.

This fucking guy was going on and on about how he was ranked in the top 10 in the world and he ended up only placing 3rd in my tournament :P

The worst part was the store still rewarded him with an EB giftcard and I just stood there thinking "give me the fucking gift card so I can buy a new controller"

Broke a couple PS3 controllers, PS4 controllers and a gamecube controller.
And pretty much forced palmed my original phat Nintendo DS and broke the hinge strangely enough the system still works.
Haven't broken a TV over a console like the PS4 yet, and have been tempted to snap some game disc in half as well, but haven't yet.
Guess I can get pretty bad at that sometimes, but heard of people doing worst things like someone throwing a Xbox 360 against the wall or something like that.

Never TVs or consoles.  That'd be next level stuff.  But I've gone through a few controllers over the years.  It's easy enough to find Playstation/Xbox controllers reasonably priced so I don't sweat it too much, though taking the anger down a notch would be healthier overall I'm sure. xD (It'd be cool if people could just play nice online and not literally poke and prod and exploit every little thing they can to scrape out a win in meaningless matches against random people, and games need to stop catering to these asshats.  Makes my blood boil.)

Infact, I spiked the Xbox One controller into the ground the other day and it was kinda funny.  The RB (PS4 'R1' equivalent) button was smashed in and the RT (R2) was stuck down.  I muscled it back into place but then there was broken plastic inside that built up and made it hard to press in the trigger.  I shook it out and the plastic distributed through the rest of the controller and now it works great lol.  These Xbox One controllers are built rock freakin' solid.  It must've lost a muffler somewhere though because the rumble makes the controller shake like a machine gun now and the plastic may re-build back up in the trigger from time to time and need to be shook out.

Edited by Dreakon13

None, but my controllers keep breaking anyway. The DualShock 4 is such a piece of shit, I'm on my fourth one right now. The one I'm using currently is not even 6 months old and I already had to take it apart to fix the left analog stick. It's either that or the R2 button stops working. I take good care of them too, I don't throw them around, I clean them regularly, protect them from dust... none of it matters, obviously.

Meanwhile, my original PS3 controllers are still in perfect condition.

• Like 2

Use to brake a lot of stuff due to uncontrollable rage. Bought a stress ball full of goo to squeeze when i got mad.... First time i squeezed it, it exploded lol. I don't need to brake Dualshock 4s though, they do that themselves, very bad controllers. My current one has stopped registering up on left stick, that's another £40-50 ffs. 

• Like 1

I have never broken anything before. I get mad and spike my controller into pillows, maybe the odd time they end up on the floor. They're too expensive to replace though. I also don't like the idea of rage quitting as my sister used to always call me out on being mad at "just a game". She really has a way of demonizing me when I get mad. I have really calmed down since I was a kid because of that and if I find I'm getting angry I turn the game off and cool down for a bit. So thanks sis I guess lol.