Dead By Daylight - Silent Hill Chapter - Konami has two new Silent Hill games in development

DarkLordSHTR

• 5 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

I think p.t is not dead Hideo kojima is coming with news tomorrow. According to his twitter "silent" and "pyramid" is mentioned1f44d.png

Yeah my pants have been tight since last week. The news can't come quick enough. Hopefully it is Silent Hills otherwise i'll get super dissapointed again.

• Like 2

I've never really played the Silent Hill games but P.T. didn't really have much in common with the series right?  I think Kojima (with the right crew) can make a killer horror game without Konami or the Silent Hill IP.  Much more excited about the possibility of that.

Edited by Dreakon13

10 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

We already have a remastered collection. It's on PS3 or is last gen beneath you? lol

Wasn't that remaster in many ways worse than the original?

edit:

There was also this recent tweet from the game designer who created Pyramid Head...

...which possibly refers to this older one:

I still don't believe Kojima is working on a SH game. Konami closed his project when KojimaPro was their subsidiary. It doesn't make sense to me why they would hire him again when the studio is independant, even if it's technically possible. I think those are 2 different projects. But we will see.

Edited by Alderriz

After that shitty Metal Gear game after Hideo Kojima left the company, I have strong doubts about these new Silent Hill games.

In fact Konami basically canned that one demo game (PT) that was supposed to be really scary with good horror. One of the worst video game companies from the East.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On one hand a part of me lit up with hope thinking back to how promising P.T/Silent Hills was, but on the other hand I remember how they cancelled that game, fucked over Kojima and decided to make shitty Pachinko machines and whatever Metal Gear Survive was. 

It's hard to get excited by this knowing Konami is still attached to the series. The best thing Konami could ever do at this point to redeem itself is to sell its rights for the Silent Hill IP to a reputable and talented studio.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

We already have a remastered collection. It's on PS3 or is last gen beneath you? lol

That collection is the worst piece of garbage ever. Dont get me started on that. It is a shame that new generations played that abomination first, rather than on ps2 or pc. 

Edited by Ptirle

On 3/7/2020 at 0:25 PM, Ptirle said:

That collection is the worst piece of garbage ever. Dont get me started on that. It is a shame that new generations played that abomination first, rather than on ps2 or pc. 

Well, back then playing it on PC could be much worse, depending on PC. HD collection fully playable, just with some minor glitches, not the worst piece of garbage really:).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Well, back then playing it on PC could be much worse, depending on PC. HD collection fully playable, just with some minor glitches, not the worst piece of garbage really:).

PS2, whatever others may think, is the best version, regardless of how pc looks clean and sharp. On ps2 version for both sh2 and sh3 there are some things that are not found on pc versions. Only thing that pc does better is light from flashlight. That's it.

The thing is, I didn't wrote about how the game wasn't playable and then it was LOL! No, I was talking about how mobile game devs Hijinx (LOL!) changed everything from textures to sounds and even dialogue. They butchered up and pissed on the original devs work. Thing is they were missing the source code which would be better if they never did make the collection in the first place.

Edited by Ptirle

5 hours ago, Ptirle said:

PS2, whatever others may think, is the best version, regardless of how pc looks clean and sharp. On ps2 version for both sh2 and sh3 there are some things that are not found on pc versions. Only thing that pc does better is light from flashlight. That's it.

The thing is, I didn't wrote about how the game wasn't playable and then it was LOL! No, I was talking about how mobile game devs Hijinx (LOL!) changed everything from textures to sounds and even dialogue. They butchered up and pissed on the original devs work. Thing is they were missing the source code which would be better if they never did make the collection in the first place.

There was nothing what PC edition missing for Silent Hill 2 and 3. I meant back than, not every computer could show it clean and sharp and without framerate drops etc. Again it's all was and now depend on hardware.

They didn't changed a thing, so now you could know it was a prerelease version of the game. How better it could be, I'm pretty ok with this chance to play at this at least on PS3. Nor working ps2, nor pc I have.

On 27/01/2020 at 2:37 PM, Stargazer2600 said:

oh, look. two games id love to play but I refuse to give Konami any money after they basically gave us all middle fingers on silent Hills and that thing with Kojima. Sorry Konami, the boycott is still on. oh well

Don't forget what they did to Hideo Kojima as well. MGS is trashed too.

Dusk Golem (leaked From Software and Capcom stuff in the past) mentioned that around two years ago Konami was taking pitches for a Silent Hill soft-reboot. This is interesting because it was around that time when Keiichiro Toyama (creator of Silent Hill, Siren and Gravity Rush) got his new action adventure IP scrapped

• Project Funding Started Two Years Ago.
  • if this is all true, Sony worked something out with Konami, and the rights to the two titles were given to Sony.
  • Not in development yet
  • Junji Ito and Kojima working on a new project (horror series he mentioned). Not sillent Hill (inspired maybe?)
  • Will be worked on by Supermassive Games, the developers behind Until Dawn, and other studios.
  • Confirms that Sony doesnt own the IP.
  • Toyama and Akira were both working on the game along,
Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 2