Guide approval review time?

barrymcg

1 hour ago, jelkeh11 said:

So i heard it took between 1 and 3 days to get feedback on your trophy guide but that was over 4 years ago, how long does it take in 2021? I don't want to seem mean or impatient but i made a tropy guide and i'm currently waiting 14 days for feedback. is this because there are way more trophy guides now? or is it just this moment that there are a lot of trophy guides written, or is it because of all the holidays? this is not a message to complain at all and don't want to rush the team of psnprofiles because they're doing a great job, but im just curious if there are any things that slow it down.

I made a guide for a somewhat niche game in early December and still no feedback even to this day. Directly messaging them would make me seem impatient and slightly rude so I don't wanna do it.

2 minutes ago, Flubberwunked said:

I made a guide for a somewhat niche game in early December and still no feedback even to this day. Directly messaging them would make me seem impatient and slightly rude so I don't wanna do it.

same

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think that's the better way to get an answer to your question for your specific situation, rather than rile a bunch of people up in the forums with their anecdotal experiences on a thread that the guide team members might not even see to be able to respond.

alright thanks for your quick response man

• Like 1

Give the Team chance guys, they're a busy bunch and likely they have some time off away from their roles on the site during the holidays

The Team do this completely voluntarily and have all their usual everyday life commitments just like I us. 

It's always slow over Xmas, it will pick up again by mid Jan'ish

Just be patient bud, they will get to it ;)

• Like 1

They are likely busy in this case, but just a reminder to also make sure you actually press that button to submit a guide for review (and remember to do it again if you edit the guide after submitting it). Some people have forgotten to do this in the past and waited extra long due to that :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Give the Team chance guys, they're a busy bunch and likely they have some time off away from their roles on the site during the holidays

The Team do this completely voluntarily and have all their usual everyday life commitments just like I us. 

It's always slow over Xmas, it will pick up again by mid Jan'ish

Just be patient bud, they will get to it ;)

i know and they have every right to have some time off but i just wanted an explanation and now i got it so my question has been answered :)

48 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Have either of you directly messaged anyone from the guide team?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

yes i messaged 2 of them but no answer. Like what the other guy said, i don't want to seem impatient nor rude but just want an explanation of what's going on nothing more. If they're busy it's fine i understand ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

yes i messaged 2 of them but no answer. Like what the other guy said, i don't want to seem impatient nor rude but just want an explanation of what's going on nothing more. If they're busy it's fine i understand 1f642.png 

that's the same as what i thought

• Like 1

I would say my overall experience has been a turn around for between 1-2 weeks under ideal circumstances.  Typically after 3-4 weeks I would message a guide member, after making sure they've been online recently.  Obviously, there are times when a specific person can't log in for whatever reason so I check for activity before messaging.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have submitted a trophy guide for approval around a month ago. It currently says "Awaiting Review". I don't want to bother the Guide Team because I know they're doing great work, but how long does this usually take? Thank you :)

• Like 1

I think it depends on the guide and what other guides they’re reviewing. I mean you could ask them on the Guide forum, I have asked before and they gave me an estimated time and told me how many were before me.

If 5 ez pz guides are in front then they will get to you quickly but imagine having extremely detailed long guides before you. Maybe that’s why it’s taking long, I’m just guessing.

There is no harm in asking though, imo.

(well, my Black Desert guide took less than a week to get approved) I’ve seen more people waiting over a month to get approved or get a review.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

The queue is crazy atm and unfortunately there are still a couple guides before yours, even though it's been a month. 1f61f.png We're getting there though; stay tuned. I aso had a brief look at your guide before posting this: It looks good at first glance, so at least it might not require tons of revisions. I only scrolled through it really quickly however, so don't take my word for it. ;)

Ok! Thank you guys for all your work!

• Like 1

I submitted one too and was wondering about this. I figured the stellar guide team was inundated with guides to review, so it's no biggie at all!

I honestly considered signing up for the guide team when I saw that post a few months back, I just don't know how much time I could regularly devote to it. 

• Like 2

I submitted a guide at the start of this week so mine will be in the queue for a while I'm sure but it's all good. Appreciate everyone who works hard on making this site as good as it is. I like reading people's trophy guides anyways, always high quality on this site. What game did you do yours for?

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 4:22 AM, The_Kopite said:

I submitted a guide at the start of this week so mine will be in the queue for a while I'm sure but it's all good. Appreciate everyone who works hard on making this site as good as it is. I like reading people's trophy guides anyways, always high quality on this site. What game did you do yours for?

I wrote my guide for Astro Bot: Rescue Mission which is a pretty popular game, but mine should be up any day now

• Like 3

On 2/8/2021 at 7:16 PM, Trozenator said:

I wrote my guide for Astro Bot: Rescue Mission which is a pretty popular game, but mine should be up any day now

Ah sweet! If I ever get a PSVR, that game will be near the top of the list to get, heard it's really good! Looking forward to reading it.

Hello, I am new to guide writing and I have been enjoying it a lot. I sent my first guide of Brut@l around 15 days ago (can't remember the specific date) and it has been awaiting review for a while. I see games like destruction all stars have its guide published even though the game came out a couple days ago. Might be cause it's a big title and it gets priority idk.

Don't want to sound impatient, but I heard it takes 3 to 6 days. Just wanna make sure that I am not missing a step or something.

Edited by OriginZen

On 13/01/2021 at 11:23 PM, MohandGamer7 said:

Any luck with you? 1f602.png dang it's been 2 weeks for me. Anyone who started cyberpunk has probably finished it ?

It's up now. Kudos on an amazing guide!

I guess the queue is pretty crazy. Nothing but respect to the team taking time of their days to review them. We will just have to be patient.

Edited by OriginZen

5 minutes ago, MilesR2114 said:

I submitted 3 DOOM (2016) expansion guides about 3 weeks ago and they still have not been looked at. Just wondering how long it's usually taken other people for their guides to be reviewed and approved.

Every guide review time is going to be unique to the guide teams queue and the guide contents themselves.

There are only a few members who can actually give you specific answers to this question. Everyone else is pure speculation.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

I've written a few in the last couple of months and they have taken 1-2 months to come out. As stated, the guide team are basically all out of action with real life issues at the moment so the trickle is slow but still there and guides do come out. Part of the reason why they are looking for new staff for the team id imagine.

Given the amount of people who have posted that they have guides waiting just today and you can clearly see how big the backlog is, and all guides need to be up to the high standard expected from the site so its going to be a while to get through them.

More people seem to be writing more guides year on year than ever before so there is that as well.

• Like 1