All Upgrades Glitch

TheKirbs

Glitch worked for me on PS5 today, thx for detailed guide. 

Trick was to keeping holding down X action one upgrade / craft one full ammo. Keep holding down X craft 2nd ammo, change to desired upgrade mid ammo craft and after finish you will get the upgrade. Just keep repeating this and holding X and switch mid craft to next upgrade . If you run out of ammo crafting materials switch to next ammo you can craft.

Worthwhile upgrading your pocket size to carry more inventory and ammo as you progress through the game before chapter 10. 

I would also ease off the ammo crafting in chapter 9 so you aren't maxed out in the cheaper ammo to craft, like ignifer, etc..

Edited by SlipingJimmy

I definitely went back and played chapter 9 through, made sure I had enough to craft at least 1 potion and when I started chapter 10, I was short ingredients when I tried the glitch like someone else mentioned above.  Anyone figure out what I'd need to do?

** EDIT ** Just played through 1/2 of chapter 10, got enough.  Went back through chapter select and that didn't work.  I'll try chapters 11-the rest to see if it works on other chapters!

**EDIT 2** Just played all of chapter 10 over and still was short when I went back to restart chapter 10.  I think I'm going to have to play chapters 1-9 all over again.. It doesn't seem to save after the initial pass.

**EDIT 3**  After suggestions, does seem to only be Chapter 10 that works.  I tried the rest of the chapters.

Edited by blladnna

15 minutes ago, blladnna said:

I definitely went back and played chapter 9 through, made sure I had enough to craft at least 1 potion and when I started chapter 10, I was short ingredients when I tried the glitch like someone else mentioned above.  Anyone figure out what I'd need to do?

I don't know for sure, but I imagine the glitch is not unique to Ch. 10, just that its the first chapter after the full skill tree is unlocked to be purchased so it would be the earliest you would want to do it. Try doing the same procedure for Ch. 12 (if you have enough materials to craft an ammo at the start of that ch.) and see if it works. It might not work since there is a cutscence. If Ch. 12 doesn't work, try Ch. 16 as its a very short camera move before you regain control.

Edited by Guardian_owl

23 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

I don't know for sure, but I imagine the glitch is not unique to Ch. 10, just that its the first chapter after the full skill tree is unlocked to be purchased so it would be the earliest you would want to do it. Try doing the same procedure for Ch. 12 (if you have enough materials to craft an ammo at the start of that ch.) and see if it works. It might not work since there is a cutscence. If Ch. 12 doesn't work, try Ch. 16 as its a very short camera move before you regain control.

Thank you so much.  No other chapter worked. I'll try doing all of Chapter 10 again and hopefully that does it!

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 0:58 PM, TheKirbs said:

There is a glitch you can use to fully upgrade all of your equipment (sling, equipment and alchemy) at the start of Chapter Ten. The only requirement is that you are able to craft a number of a certain type of ammo.

1. When you get to Chapter Ten, exit to main menu and re-enter it through Chapter Select (needs to be chapter select).
  2. When the Chapter's title appears hold the touchpad, when it starts the equipment menu should be open, keep holding the touch pad (when Amicia finishes talking if you can walk witht he menu open it's working).
  3. Press and hold R1 to bring up the ammo crafting menu (you can let go of the touchpad now), the upgrade menu should be open now.
  4. Use the left stick to select and upgrade you already have and the right stick to select a type of ammo you can craft a number of.
  5. Begin crafting the ammo and before the crafting completes move the left stick to select an upgrade you don't have. This should unlock the upgrade.
  6. You can fully upgrade everything doing this though it will take any materials required for the upgrade you actually have.

This works as of 01/03/2020 and unlocks the trophies.

Great post dude, i have added it into the guide and credited yourself and the video author. Great little find 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

This glitch isnt needed though right if ur initial playthrough is optimal andno loot is missed?? 

I thought u can get all trophies without replays if ur efficient and dont miss loot?? 

you're right, you really do not need to glitch this game, there's more then enough.

all you have to do is one specific section of a level, when your sneaking around the farm, instead of heading to the objective, head the other way and clear out the goodies, thats really all there is to it

7 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Will try this later after work. For some reason, even though I got the platinum on PS4 and have everything, this and the trophy for hitting the targets at the begninning of the game won't pop. I tried for over an hour.

Since you have your PS4 save in the cloud, maybe try deleting your save data on the PS5 and starting over from scratch. Shouldn't have to play very far since the More Practice trophy is in ch. 1.