No longer 0.1% rarity?

arcanehornet_

If you want my honest opinion, I think it is because the amount who have played the game for the platinum have finally achieved the platinum. Super Meat Boy is infamous for being an insanely hard game to platinum. This website helps show people statistics of video games for people who play video games like us. Because Super Meat Boy is widely known for its difficulty, most of the people playing it are going to be people who want to show that they can overcome that difficulty. While not everyone is going to surpass the challenge, there will be a good number of people who will, whether it takes them the fastest time possible to complete the game, a year, or even a decade, along with many others who are yet to come. Using my thought that most people who play the game want to obtain the platinum, I believe that the percentage rate of the platinum will surely get higher over time due to there being more people who will earn that platinum playing the game compared to standard people. Or someone could make a whole bunch of fake accounts, buy the game on all those accounts and play part of the game and not platinum it therefore lowering the percentage!!! But I doubt that will happen.

• Like 3

Just now, NekoRave said:

Nah he meant psnp rarity now has 0.2% if you look at the plat rarity.

Yeah but the rarity on PSNP has been 0.2% for months now. It just now became 0.2% on PSN too. 

Same happened with Necrodancer. It was 0.6% on PSN forever, and a couple of months ago it suddenly skyrocketed to 1.4% without there really being any new legit achievers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yes it must be hacks and not an influx of skilled patient players.

Also rarity doesnt mean hard, yes its a tough platformer that gained attention but theres tons of harder platformers out there.

Its a great platinum to have but imo its like a badge of honor elitists wear sometimes and its like good grief this is like the "dark souls" of platformers when its so far from the truth.

The game was also as people mentioned free at some point which means every lima bean, cactus, old grandmother, and candy sucking toddler could pop a trophy and then abandon the game.

I hope the trend of smb becoming beaten continues as its pleasing to see so many others grind 40 hours to beat a world and master it without dying.

Cheers to those that have the plat 

Name me three platformers out there that have a more challenging list than SMB. Just so I have something to play in the future. 

Edited by Startropy X
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Startropy X said:

VVVVVV, really? That's surprising. Always wanted to play it but it's not available on the store. 

It's not as difficult as Meat Boy, but still trial and error heavy.

And the OST is worth the pain.

Edited by Jelly Soup

To be honest though, Super Meat Boy is probably a bit of an overrated plat. Yes, it's challenging for sure, but it's not all that some people make it out to be. Especially since you can use The Kid for almost all no death runs. I don't think any world no death took me longer than a couple of hours of practice except for Impossible Boy. That took me around 10 hours of trying I would say. Nice to get to know some more niche games though. May check out Splasher and Dustforce.

• Like 4

Im sure there are more games we probably just don't know about it. 

Anyway on topic. Its too bad that Sony them selfs don't handle cheaters. Said it many times but. Dariusburst suffers alot from it. Its 0.53% here but psn its 7,7% lol

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

I would suggest necrosphere, I am Bread, Switchball, Explodemon, Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils.

Just a few that are pretty god damn hair pulling but reasonable

Cheers mate, haven't heard about almost any of these and will check them out!

• Like 1

410 Platinum Achievers are a lot, the Rarity is just so high because of so many Gamer have this game. Without PS Plus I think the Rarity would be between 0,5 and 1 %. And the Rarity do not say anything about the Difficulty, my Trove Platinum is Super Rare but it's not hard, just very grindy.

Edited by Sikutai

It's no longer 0.1% because of the huge amount of Vita hackers that have been hacking trophies recently.. it has virtually nothing to do with more people actually getting the platinum legit. It's the same reason why games like VVVVVV/Crypt Of The Necrodancer/Badland are so high too.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 3

Probably a whole bunch of people (myself included) got to the point where they thought to themselves that, unlike in case of other games, where you get rewarded with several trophies when making progress, progress does not necessarily need to be rewarded with a trophy all the time. Practicing for hours and hours and not being awarded with a trophy is something very rare these days, particularly when the amount of easy games out there is taken into account.

Still takes dedication and especially dry hands though (mine used to put the sweat levels on max when near the finish line of a no death run lmao).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

I would suggest necrosphere, I am Bread, Switchball, Explodemon, Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils.

Just a few that are pretty god damn hair pulling but reasonable

Do check out Scintillatron. No one has the Platinum Trophy (ignore the 5,3%), but on PSN 86,6% has earned it...

?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Points made in this thread:

- Game was on PS+ and is this probably too rare to start with.

- Players have been at it for years and finally got the plat after a long grind.

- The game isn't even as challenging as its reputation.

- Vita Hackers skew the rarity, too 

Way to ignore everything but one argument to make a negative comment... 

There’s always someone on these forums who has to make a completely negative comment...

And fhanks for answering my question. I think the vita hackers contributed greatly to this but sadly there’s no way to prove who got it legit or not. A shame.

At the end of the day, people who hacked it have cheated not only the game, but themselves as well.