New PSN Profiles for PS5

theSpirae

The account I am using now is my new main, but I didn't change because of the PS5. My old profile, which is now my alt, had unobtainable trophies from Dante's Inferno (PS3) on it and I wanted a 100% profile. So, now I'm working on all of the Resident Evil games in chronological order. As to creating a new profile for the PS5, I won't be doing that. I eventually want this profile to have a giant stack of platinums.

I could never do something like that. Your account tell your game experience through years and I don't really understand the usefulness of creating a new account. In the beginning, on ps3, I didn't knew about trophies so I didn't care at all at the time about. I platted after almost of the games I played because I took trophy hunting seriously later, so I think you need to separate things from before and after you took trophy hunting seriously without too much thought about missing some trophy.

On 26/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, Tecnal1 said:

I could never do something like that. Your account tell your game experience through years and I don't really understand the usefulness of creating a new account.

Totally agree.

You account is your gaming history, and trophy wise, this include the successes but also the "failures".

• Like 1

Hell no! I have too much progress on my current main account. I can’t afford to just create a new account and throw all those old URs ive earned on my favorite games. Some of which have become unobtainable so it ain’t like i can get those back either. Whether you should or not, that is up to you buddy.

Edited by royal642award
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, royal642award said:

Hell no! I have too much progress on my current main account. I can’t afford to just create a new account and throw all those old URs ive earned on my favorite games. Some of which have become unobtainable so it ain’t like i can get those back either. Whether you should or not, that is up to you buddy.

Yeah, there are definetly platinums that i will never get again like DMC5 or GTA 5

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

Be a waste of 8 years if i did

yeah i would have 5 years wasted and that is bad

On 4/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Has anyone done it in the past or is considering it doing it now with PS5?

Yeah I have done it in the past. I kept my PS3 profile separate from my PS4 PSN profile. 

I don't see it as a waste like others do. Getting older and not having the energy/looks you had when you were much younger is far more shit than losing trophy progress lol. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

15 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I have done it in the past. I kept my PS3 profile separate from my PS4 PSN profile. 

I don't see it as a waste like others do. Getting older and not having the energy/looks you had when you were much younger is far more shit than losing trophy progress lol. 

What are you trying to imply there? lol

Also I think having one contunies profile is better in the long trem.

I mean starting fresh is always nice, but I feel it be alot more investing to just rock the same acount over many years.

See how far you have come as a gamer, and maybe even as a person.

All the battles you went tru to obatin some hard ass platinums, the long grinds, and of cource all the good moments(be it in gameplay, or story)

This go's doulbly tru if you did any of this with friends.

If you just start a whole new acount, your kinda losing that in a way,and too me.

All that time is kinda speaical.

I can understand if you maybe have a garbage acount, were you have lots of bad or stacked games.

But if its a legit profile that just seems like alot to cast aside, just so you dont have to feel stassed over how low your completeion rate is.

Like sorry to say to anyone who wants to start over cus you think it will bring relef to you.

Cus sooner or later youll just want to do it all over again.

Best to just make the best out of your current acount.

For better or worse.

Of cource this is just all imho.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

3 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

What are you trying to imply there? lol

Also I think having one contunies profile is better in the long trem.

I mean starting fresh is always nice, but I feel it be alot more investing to just rock the same acount over many years.

See how far you have come as a gamer, and maybe even as a person.

All the battles you went tru to obatin some hard ass platinums, the long grinds, and of cource all the good moments(be it in gameplay, or story)

This go's doulbly tru if you did any of this with friends.

If you just start a whole new acount, your kinda losing that in a way,and too me.

All that time is kinda speaical.

I can understand if you maybe have a garbage acount, were you have lots of bad or stacked games.

But if its a legit profile that just seems like alot to cast aside, just so you dont have to feel stassed over how low your completeion rate is.

Like sorry to say to anyone who wants to start over cus you think it will bring relef to you.

Cus sooner or later youll just want to do it all over again.

Best to just make the best out of your current acount.

For better or worse.

Of cource this is just all imho.

It means nothing to me. Don't get me wrong I obviously enjoy going for the trophies, but at anytime I could also switch consoles and not know if I would go back to the previous console. 

Also. Being a gamer is just a hobby. So I see it as neither work or worrying about how far I can go. Thats actually the great thing about it. 

48 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

It means nothing to me. Don't get me wrong I obviously enjoy going for the trophies, but at anytime I could also switch consoles and not know if I would go back to the previous console. 

Also. Being a gamer is just a hobby. So I see it as neither work or worrying about how far I can go. Thats actually the great thing about it. 

Fair enough, I can repsect that. 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

On 26/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, Kristen Danielle said:

The account I am using now is my new main, but I didn't change because of the PS5. My old profile, which is now my alt, had unobtainable trophies from Dante's Inferno (PS3) on it and I wanted a 100% profile. So, now I'm working on all of the Resident Evil games in chronological order. As to creating a new profile for the PS5, I won't be doing that. I eventually want this profile to have a giant stack of platinums.

If it's just for one game, why don't you hide it? It's not your fault they closed their servers, and that could happen anytime again. Also, wasn't Dante's Inferno a false alarm? Weren't they back already?

7 minutes ago, YonahFuriae said:

If it's just for one game, why don't you hide it? It's not your fault they closed their servers, and that could happen anytime again. Also, wasn't Dante's Inferno a false alarm? Weren't they back already?

I didn't want hidden games on my profile because I wanted my PSN score on the actual PSN and on PSNP to be the same so I could keep track. And yes, it was, but if I play the trials, I'm going to do them on my old account because I don't want to risk getting halfway through only to have them go down again.

28 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I didn't want hidden games on my profile because I wanted my PSN score on the actual PSN and on PSNP to be the same so I could keep track. And yes, it was, but if I play the trials, I'm going to do them on my old account because I don't want to risk getting halfway through only to have them go down again.

Yeah that's what I meant, you said it was only for Dante's so I was wondering why you don't go back to your account since they are back and you can have a 100% profile, I don't know how much games you had on your main though but I see you just started this one.

2 minutes ago, YonahFuriae said:

Yeah that's what I meant, you said it was only for Dante's so I was wondering why you don't go back to your account since they are back and you can have a 100% profile, I don't know how much games you had on your main though but I see you just started this one.

Oh, I only had like 17 games anyhow and only 4 plats (three of them were Spyro), so it wasn't a big deal. By the time the servers for Dante's Inferno came back up, I was well into my Resident Evil marathon on this account and didn't feel like going back.

I wish I could complete my profile to %100 but it is impossible because of server closures and some dlcs

but right now, I have my long processes, my past, my hours, my youth hidden in my profile. 

I don't want to change or delete my profile.

Edited by seyhano
sorry for my language

First things first: i would have to buy a ps5, which isnt gonna be the case for the first 3 years i suppose

Second things second: i've been playing with this account since the start, at the beginning i didnt care about trophies, but some 6-7ish years ago i found it was time 'to go & clean up the mess i made as a child', which took me some 2-3 years to do, luckily i had nothing unobtainable then, and gosh it felt so sweet to finally get that 100% completion then

Nowadays i just play 1 game at a time, mostly because i dont even have time enough to start something else in the meantime, but that doesn't bother me ?

On 15/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, charxsetsuna said:

I did this by accident when going to ps4 from ps3, I forgot my password so I couldn't put it on ps4 but because of auto login was fine on ps3. So for the longest time my two consoles had two separate accounts.

Until about two months ago where I found my password in a random ps3 game case literally the same day I connected my ps4 account to the ps3 accepting I could never use my ps3 account again because I logged it off.

Now my old ps3 account is a alt I dont know what to do with.

Same happened to me, my PS3 died and when I bought my PS4 I couldn't remember even the username (4 years without playing on Playstation, 2013-2017), I eventually remembered but by the time I did, I already had a dozen platinums I didn't want to lose so I kept using my 2017 user account, but I'm not changing to another in the next gen. In fact I wish there was a form to combine accounts.