New PSN Profiles for PS5

theSpirae

I personally started late with PS4, but i think that one profile across all gens you go through is part of what makes profiles awesome.

It shows your history.

But I get wanting to start a clean slate in case you have some games you are "ashamed" of, or bugged trophies etc etc...

Going into next gen would probably be ideal time.

I'll stick with this one going next gen.

I started a fresh Xbox Live account once I got the systems back, but I was never an achievement hunter back in the day anyway and my friends and housemates had played all kinds of dumb shit using my account so I wanted something that was only me. That said, I would never do this on PSN because I'm happy with my account and the progress I've made these last two years. 

I wouldn’t recommend it personally. Like others have said it’s the profile you’ve put a lot of work over the years achieving everything you have done. The friends you’ve made that all know you under that alias, I can’t imagine the hassle of trying to re-add everyone.. it’s a lot to throw away to go back to zero. 

I think it’s great we can use the same profile over multiple generations of console.

• Like 1

I could never do that. I've grown so attached to my profile, and while sure there are plenty of games I'll never come close to the plat for, or will never complete it's shown my journey with my profile. I've made so many friends on this account from so many different games, everyone knows me and refers to me as "Fallen" (or Chaos sometimes)  and I wouldn't want to be called anything else. Every once in a while I love to just browse my trophy list as a whole and go back and laugh at all the memories tied to each trophy I've obtained or even the ones I haven't due to failing to or laziness and it's just a way of feeling nostalgia. I'm excited to bring my profile into the next generation of games with the ps5 and can't wait to see how much it'll grow from there. :) To each their own, but I know I wouldn't give up my profile for the world. That would be like giving up apart of who I am.

• Like 2

You can use the "filter by platform" option in your PSNP profile =P

Anyway, I do think it's pleasureable to have separate accounts for each of your consoles, but I like to have all my gaming history aggregated (that's why I use Exophase website to aggregate all platforms - origin, steam, xbox, playstation, gog, etc)

i understand some wanting to. I personally won't. Not to mention from ps3 to ps4, many made a new account to change their username. Ps4 has allowed you to since change your name if you choose. I believe first one is free, then you pay for any after.

So i don't see a reason to. Plus you can hide trophies from games you dont like if you choose. i really see no point in starting fresh tbh but to each their own

the only reason I would personally have another account is for if I had already platted a game and had bought a remaster or port and didn't want to double up the trophy list and just wanted to play it for fun.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:12 AM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Has anyone done it in the past or is considering it doing it now with PS5?

Not me. I've worked too hard for this stupid profile, flawed though it is.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 6:12 AM, theSpirae said:

Some of my friends prefer to "start fresh" when a new console comes out and I've considering trying the same once PS5 comes out. What it means is basically you create a new profile for PS5 and keep playing your PS3/4 on your current profile.

Imagine getting the plat on “Crypt of the NecroDancer” and then being like “If I make a new account, then not a single person will ever know I got the plat for that game.. sounds like a great idea!”

Like come on, why the hell would anyone do that?

Edited by harleybee

Oooff no!

The games on my profile are like a load of tattoo choices, some cool, awesome, bad, cheap, expensive, embarrassing, different and some god awful etc, however they all tell a story of when and why I played them over the years, similar to having tattoos done and they stay with you for life. So as with my profile, which has defined my gaming life for the last 8-10yrs it isn’t going away and I certainly ain’t turning the page on this book just yet.

I get the reason for maybe starting a fresh, so good luck to ya. ;)

Theres not any reason to make an alternative account, at least for a majority of people that actually put time and effort into completing the games they put money towards.

It’d be more effort to maintain multiple accounts.

You’d have to not have already invested much into your account to want to start a new one.

If you’re not going to invest 100% in what you already have, why even make another one(

Finish whats on your plate!

Casuals will come up with a million excuses about why achievement hunting is dumb, or dehumanize people that do, but its a mark of having actually finished what you start, and they feel intimidated and have to hardcore cope about it.

Stick with what you have achieved even if it isnt  much.

(I still have a whole bunch on my backlog, so a bit hypocritical from me, 2020 has been backlog annihilation year though!)

Edited by Eienshi-Ita

On 4/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, theSpirae said:

Um serious? The 1,000’s if not 10,000’s of hours spent trophy hunting gone? Why? 
cant say I’d want to do this. 

i

doesn't seem liable to lose that much progress. I have bunch of progress on the PlayStation 3 that i've not synced but those stamps are all blank as I didn't hook my PlayStation to internet for years and once I did it kept resetting the date when I turned it off. Which ended up being the result of a bad battery inside the console.

So there a chance most the games I played on the previous generation could be gone if the console decides thier corrupted upon sync. But honestly I wouldn't be able to go on leader boards unless I hide all those blank time stamps anyways so i'm not overly worried if I lose that progress. As for ps4 I've not really played on that much as of yet so see how that goes for me, Hopefully playstation 5 gonna be good.

Edited by jnf