Playing on Sith Master - Cheats allowed?

Hey guys, 

I finished the game on Sith Lord regular (was quite tough) and already got all other trophies except 'Sith Master'. I heard or respectively read that it is possible to play the game on Sith Master with cheats and still get the trophy for finishing the game. But I don't know which cheats are allowed and which aren't. Can someone tell me please? 

Also, how do I need to proceed exactly? Do I have to start a fresh save file or can I overwrite an existing one?

I need clear answer.

Thank you.

On 10.5.2020 at 11:33 AM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

This is from 10 years on GameFAQs, hope it helps:

"The difficulty trophies do stack, so if you play on Sith Master (very hard), you will get the three other difficulty-related trophies upon completion. If you don't want to complete hard just to unlock very hard, begin a game on any difficulty, press start, select input codes, type SITHSPAWN and that will unlock very hard. Quit the game, go back to the main menu, select new game, choose Sith Master. From there, play through the prologue and complete it. As soon as you begin the Tie Factory, input the following codes:

KATARN (Unlocks Maxamum Force Powers)
JOCASTA (All Talents Unlocked)
MOLDYCROW (Unlocks All Force Combos)

Those will start you with full force powers. Get to tie hangar, kill everyone, open the large door to exit the hangar, step through, then choose exit game. Back at the main menu, choose continue. You will still have full force powers and now you can save and earn trophies without penalty."

Dude, this helped perfectly! Got the plat now thanks to your informations. Thank you very much!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Dude, this helped perfectly! Got the plat now thanks to your informations. Thank you very much!

You could also make the difficulty a joke with this cheat. When you are about to die, you could simply reset your skilltree and upgrade it again. You lose one skillpoint this way, but you have so many to spare with the cheat, that this is no problem at all. The reason for resetting the skilltree: Everytime you do this, you get back to full health, meaning you have basically god mode and the difficulty decreases from a 6/10 to a 3/10.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 5:33 AM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

This is from 10 years ago on GameFAQs, hope it helps:

"The difficulty trophies do stack, so if you play on Sith Master (very hard), you will get the three other difficulty-related trophies upon completion. If you don't want to complete hard just to unlock very hard, begin a game on any difficulty, press start, select input codes, type SITHSPAWN and that will unlock very hard. Quit the game, go back to the main menu, select new game, choose Sith Master. From there, play through the prologue and complete it. As soon as you begin the Tie Factory, input the following codes:

KATARN (Unlocks Maxamum Force Powers)
JOCASTA (All Talents Unlocked)
MOLDYCROW (Unlocks All Force Combos)

Those will start you with full force powers. Get to tie hangar, kill everyone, open the large door to exit the hangar, step through, then choose exit game. Back at the main menu, choose continue. You will still have full force powers and now you can save and earn trophies without penalty."

Can confirm this works

On 5/14/2020 at 7:01 AM, westersburg said:

You could also make the difficulty a joke with this cheat. When you are about to die, you could simply reset your skilltree and upgrade it again. You lose one skillpoint this way, but you have so many to spare with the cheat, that this is no problem at all. The reason for resetting the skilltree: Everytime you do this, you get back to full health, meaning you have basically god mode and the difficulty decreases from a 6/10 to a 3/10.

this needs more testing but im pretty sure it only works with the "Force Talents" (yellow) skill tree

11 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Can confirm this works

this needs more testing but im pretty sure it only works with the "Force Talents" (yellow) skill tree

Yes it's the yellow one. But iirc you can only reset all 3 together. It's a bit annoying that you have to reskill everything everytime you want to get back to full health, but it's worth it. You can put in the codes, remove all upgrades and put in the codes again and you will have lots of skillpoints to waste on that trick.

Edited by westersburg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Good_Sir_Matt_II's advice worked perfectly for me. Finally got the trophy for beating the game on Sith Master difficulty and the Platin after almost 10 years ?  When you are low on health, you can simply reset your yellow skill tree and upgrade it again. Even though you will loose one skill point by using this method, you will have enough to spare. Many thanks to westersburg for bringing this to my attention.

The guide here mentions 35 hours to finish the game but I beg to differ. My two playthroughs took me only 8 hours (Sith Lord) and 9 hours (Sith Master) respectively. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. Even with this glitch, i had a lot of pain with this damn sith master difficulty. How is it possible ? I'm actually an hardcore gamer and never understand why enemis are so powerful and i'm not a jedi in this mode, even with this glitch, i'm a target and i need run and escape in back for all fights because random characteres just two shots me so frustracting. Gameplay is so bad, my health is very low, i make the glitch for retake my health and 3 seconds after i'm low again.... I don't know a certain thing and how to perfectly play with this game ? Or you must play full at distance with projectimes and escape in back in many issues ? 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/11/2021 at 5:13 PM, Nego_Brown_ said:

The fact is that its very badly developed.

Your subjective opinion, which I disagree with, isn't fact. I loved this game when I first played it 13 years ago and still love it now. The developers put a lot of effort and love into this game.

its awful to use the lightsaber, because you never now when you are going to hit something, because the enemies are fast and you are slow as s***

This hasn't been my experience, your struggles aren't everyone's.

I dont recomend this one to nobody that is looking for a good time

I would recommend it to everyone who's looking for a beautifully designed action game that takes place in various environments, with a memorable story, good dialogues and plenty of challenging boss fights that requires skill/strategy rather than luck. I would also encourage them not to cheat so they actually earn the platinum, otherwise they might as well have just played a Ratalaika game. ?

Edited by Z-A-N-D-R-O
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

What i did was use the level skip glitch (look it up on youtube how to do it) which brings you do last mission on sith master difficulty and rush through the level by skipping most fights and use the easy tactic vs vader by blocking all the time and jumping over his head when he does the force push attack, attack him few times and then block again. Do this all the time and he is very easy to defeat. This makes the platinum difficulty more like a 2 or 3. After you got the sith mastery difficulty trophy you can just do a playthrough on apprentice for the other trophies. Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:13 PM, Nego_Brown_ said:

Im playing this game right now on sith master. The fact is that its very badly developed. The controls are very laggy; the character got stuck on animations very often;its awful to use the lightsaber, because you never now when you are going to hit something, because the enemies are fast and you are slow as s***. And there is lots more.

I have no problem at playing old games, but this one is flawed even by 12 years ago standard. I dont recomend this one to nobody that is looking for a good time(even those who like hard games).  The game demands 10x more than it gives.

Had pretty much the same experience. The biggest offenders are indeed the laggy and inaccurate controls, not to mention the disastrous targeting system, which makes aiming at anything an absolute pain and will cause your death countless times.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/7/2022 at 8:57 PM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Had pretty much the same experience. The biggest offenders are indeed the laggy and inaccurate controls, not to mention the disastrous targeting system, which makes aiming at anything an absolute pain and will cause your death countless times.

I just platinum this today and, indeed, the targeting lock is THE WORST that I've ever seen in my videogamer life. Idk who was the genius that make possible to target walls, boxes, floor, trees, sky... but even with 30 guys mashing your face at melee, Starkiller locks a mountain 700km away and it's impossible to hit a target. That and the input lag (seriously, is like half second) make the game experience absolutely horrible even for a 2008 game.

I'm so glad to make the SITHSPAWN cheat at the beginning to not do 2 runs of this... It's a damn shame, because I really like SW universe.

Edited by Galserik

• 2 months later...

Just wanna drop into this thread and confirm that 1) the cheat code restriction bypass + chapter skip exploits work as explained and intended, but 2) Sith Master will still kick your ass even if you use both to zip right to the Death Star - the Lightning Shield will be the only thing keeping you alive in normal combat because any enemy can kill you in 2-5 hits without it (particularly in the opening room where you're immediately surrounded by them) and Vader's boss fight(s) are borderline RNG-dependent, particularly the second one (yes, you SHOULD take the Dark Side ending if you want to complete this with sanity intact). The only thing I found to work for him was constant application of Lightning Shield in phase 1 (only attacking him while it's active and running away the rest of the time), spamming Lightsaber Throw in phase 2 until he leaps over for another close-range fight (at which point the phase 1 strat applies), and then @Sealior's strategy of constantly blocking and only attacking after evading his Force Push in phase 3 (where, as it turns out, the only way to get out of his Force Lift and not get an eighth of your health bar taken off is to start mashing Circle early enough - it actually doesn't matter how many times you press it, just that you start right when it does, so you basically have to keep your index finger on the button at all times in order to react as fast as possible. Asinine design). I'd really looked forward to playing the "real" version of this game after growing up on and enjoying the PS2 port, but this part of the plat hunt really soured the experience for me. Buyer beware.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/01/2023 at 7:20 AM, Xillynoc said:

Just wanna drop into this thread and confirm that 1) the cheat code restriction bypass + chapter skip exploits work as explained and intended, but 2) Sith Master will still kick your ass even if you use both to zip right to the Death Star - the Lightning Shield will be the only thing keeping you alive in normal combat because any enemy can kill you in 2-5 hits without it (particularly in the opening room where you're immediately surrounded by them) and Vader's boss fight(s) are borderline RNG-dependent, particularly the second one (yes, you SHOULD take the Dark Side ending if you want to complete this with sanity intact). The only thing I found to work for him was constant application of Lightning Shield in phase 1 (only attacking him while it's active and running away the rest of the time), spamming Lightsaber Throw in phase 2 until he leaps over for another close-range fight (at which point the phase 1 strat applies), and then @Sealior's strategy of constantly blocking and only attacking after evading his Force Push in phase 3 (where, as it turns out, the only way to get out of his Force Lift and not get an eighth of your health bar taken off is to start mashing Circle early enough - it actually doesn't matter how many times you press it, just that you start right when it does, so you basically have to keep your index finger on the button at all times in order to react as fast as possible. Asinine design). I'd really looked forward to playing the "real" version of this game after growing up on and enjoying the PS2 port, but this part of the plat hunt really soured the experience for me. Buyer beware.

I also confirm the cheat restriction bypass + level skipping exploit still works on PS3. As @Xillynoc said, it's still very tough. You'll have to dash through every room and avoid enemies as much as possible. The only ones you have to fight to progress are empire elites (right in front of the final gate before Vader), but there's a red orb giving you bonus health in the area so it shouldn't be that hard to achieve. Then the Vader fight is basically you blocking all the time, not jumping, except when he glows red. When he does, jump behind him and use square+triangle to electrify him and deal enough damage before blocking again. Repeat until you get to phase 2. There's a lot of YT walkthroughs that show with precision the movements you have to make.

• Like 1

Shouldn’t the cheat restriction bypass + the level skipping exploit + the earlier mentioned reset of the yellow force talent points to regain your health make this even easier? Especially it you just dash through the final level until you reach the final boss fight and choose the dark side ending?

Edited by Prototype1690

On 13/02/2023 at 3:16 AM, Prototype1690 said:

Shouldn’t the cheat restriction bypass + the level skipping exploit + the earlier mentioned reset of the yellow force talent points to regain your health make this even easier? Especially it you just dash through the final level until you reach the final boss fight and choose the dark side ending?

Yes but cancelling and reactivating your skills points can become tedious at some point due to slow loading screens between the menu and the game. I personally did it using the force points reset only during the Vader boss fight. Rest of the time it may be quicker to dash your way through the Death Star corridors. 

• Like 1

That’s exactly what I meant to be doing anyway.

I know you have to fight the elite guards before the first fight against Vader. But what about the two AT-STs at the bottom of the large room where you need to activate the anti-gravity-beams? Is there a way to avoid fighting these two?

Also it was stated here that if you use cheats and reset your skill points, you will have plenty of them to spare as you always lose one for every reset. But how many do you have as spare exactly? Like 99?

Edited by Prototype1690

On 16/02/2023 at 5:07 PM, Prototype1690 said:

That’s exactly what I meant to be doing anyway.

I know you have to fight the elite guards before the first fight against Vader. But what about the two AT-STs at the bottom of the large room where you need to activate the anti-gravity-beams? Is there a way to avoid fighting these two?

Also it was stated here that if you use cheats and reset your skill points, you will have plenty of them to spare as you always lose one for every reset. But how many do you have as spare exactly? Like 99?

The AT-ST (there's only one if I remember correctly) can be avoided. You simply have to fall down in front of the generator you have to push at the bottom of the room. Use your force immediately upon arriving on ground, it should trigger a short cinematic with beams appearing on your sides. Go to the closest beam by dashing 2 or 3 times, avoiding the AT-ST, and let yourself carry to the top of the room. Then fall down couple metres down to the platform where you have to fight the Elites. 

This whole process makes killing this precise AT-ST so jubilating on the second playthrough !

As for the skill points, you lose one for every reset, but what makes it annoying is that you have to put them all over again each time. I personally went to the fight with Vader with only two or three reset, and with care you actually only really need one to even the odds against him.

• Like 1