Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Pier Solar and the Great Architects (PS4)
Ok, the hype and enthusiasm from the beginning no longer exists but I still think this is an okay RPG. I just finished the Magic School and was able to experience the Slippery Game Light Edition. OMG, this will be fun (not).  :|

My biggest complaint about the game is not about the game itself but about the achievements. Two achievements for buying everything from all the the shops and finding (nearly) all the treasures when more than 50% of the game are unreachable later on are bad design IMO. And I hope that the story will finally be understandable. I'm right before the final stretch and I still don't know what they want to tell me with all of this. Reminds me a bit of FF Type-0:

There I also didn't knew up until the end what this all was about.  :huh:

Ok, the hype and enthusiasm from the beginning no longer exists but I still think this is an okay RPG. I just finished the Magic School and was able to experience the Slippery Game Light Edition. OMG, this will be fun (not).  :|

My biggest complaint about the game is not about the game itself but about the achievements. Two achievements for buying everything from all the the shops and finding (nearly) all the treasures when more than 50% of the game are unreachable later on are bad design IMO. And I hope that the story will finally be understandable. I'm right before the final stretch and I still don't know what they want to tell me with all of this. Reminds me a bit of FF Type-0:

Now I own the Meteomobile and I was able to backtrack to the first three stops and grab all missing treasures. Story is a bit clearer now but why for fuck's sake do the developers wait until the very end with clearing up the story and why everything that happened actually happened? I played this game for 30+ hours so far (grinding included) and the only thing I knew where that Pier Solar is a device some people claim for and that there's (at least one baddy). And now this. :|

I also tried the Eternal Slippery-game. Didn't try to hard (10 minutes?) but at least I reached the first stair (and miserably failed at the first step :facepalm: ). Wonder if I will ever master this as I don't like the DS's d-pad). Maybe I try some crazy shit and use Remote Play. :hmm: I don't like the Vita's d-pad either but at least it's not as slippery. Oh god, I'm gonna rage so hard. xD 

I finally conquered the Combat Challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum (Also plat  :giggle:), now I think I should go for Battlefield 4 and/or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

If EA reopens FIFA 14's Servers, I would immediately rush and earn my Platinum (Only one trophy left), and if PES 2013's servers were still open, I could go for the platinum. The time I found out that PES 2013's servers were down, I just hesitated to leave the game at 23%, because the platinum is unobtainable  -_- (If I'm bored, I'd go for the rest of the trophies, but it'd still be pointless to do so). I would go for the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum, since I saw a useful guide for X_RaceKing_X, but I didn't get the  :bronze: Proud Owner and... oh yeah,  :bronze: Course Designer trophies. This means that GT5 plat is unobtainable for me. 

I can't deal with unobtainable plats anymore  :(  :facepalm:  -_-  

What would you say is a comparable game to Pier Solar? I have been thinking about getting it for a while, but the reviews seem to be all over the place.

What would you say is a comparable game to Pier Solar? I have been thinking about getting it for a while, but the reviews seem to be all over the place.

Gameplay-wise you can compare it more or less to all JRPGs with a normal turn-based battle system from the 90s (e.g. Breath of Fire, Lufia I & II, Lunar, the early Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest-games). It has a "special" mechanic that requires to you gather energy to unleash more powerful attacks (which still consume MP) but that's only important for the boss battles. It's rather simplistic and doesn't require that much strategy. The game mostly lags in the story-department. It's as generic as nearly all other JRPG-stories, but you only get to know your main objectives in the last quarter. Before that you just seem to traverse the world with no real reason. And then there are some annoying flaws in the gameplay-mechanics:

- No real overworld

- Most of the areas can only be visited onces. There are several points of no return

- A horrible item management (in battles you have to navigate through the items in a 2x2 items-list)

- Lack of enemy variety (especially the bosses)

The biggest pros of this game IMO are the graphics and the music. The HD-sprites really look nice and with the exception of a few areas (mainly some dungeons) the backgrounds/areas also look quite nice. And the music has some catchy tunes. 

Personally I would recommend to only buy it in a sale if you aren't a hardcore fan of old school (J)RPGs.