Gran Turismo 7 (March 4, 2022)

Ghost

Such bullshit. Why does single player need to be always on? A lot of people still don’t have reliable connections. And it just shortens its shelf life.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/09/gran_turismo_7s_ps5_ps4_campaign_requires_an_online_connection

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

GTPlanet got the chance to sit down with Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi for an extensive one-on-one interview on the latest title.

Link -> PS4 vs PS5, Driving Physics, GT Cafe, and More Revealed in Kazunori Yamauchi Interview

Gran Turismo 7: Pre-order items and 25th Anniversary Edition detailed

Pre-Order Items

Pre-order at any participating retailers including PS Store and get a pre-order bonus of the following in-game items:

• Toyota Castrol TOM’S Supra
  • Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth)
  • Porsche 917K Living Legend
  • 100,000 in-game Credit (CR)

51497794480_93988c9e61_h.jpg

25th Anniversary Edition PS5, PS4 (Retail)

51497090878_0b5eb20ec7_h.jpg

This includes a limited-edition SteelBook case (with physical versions only), and is available for pre-order now at retail.

• Includes PS5 Game Disc and Voucher for PS4 Game
  • In-Game Credits – 1,100,000 CR
  • Toyota GR Yaris with country specific Livery 
  • 30 Manufacturer / Partner Avatars
  • The Music of Gran Turismo Official Soundtrack

Again, this is a limited-edition physical release so be sure to pre-order your 25th Anniversary Edition while supplies last.

25th Anniversary Digital Deluxe Edition PS5, PS4 (PS Store)

51497090788_a1cebe3447_h.jpg

For those looking to get a jump start with their car collection, those that purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition through the PS Store before March 4, 2022 would get the Pre-Order items, including:

• Dual PS4 + PS5 Entitlement
  • In-Game Credits – 1,600,000 CR
  • Toyota GR Yaris with country specific Livery 
  • 30 Manufacturer / Partner Avatars
  • The Music of Gran Turismo Official Soundtrack

The Pre-Order offer ends when the game launches on March 4, 2022, so make sure you don’t wait.

Lastly, for those looking to upgrade their PS4 Standard Edition of Gran Turismo 7 to the Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Digital Standard Edition, there will be a $10 digital upgrade option at the time of release. 

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 28.10.2021 at 11:27 PM, Patrickosan said:

Guys, do you think, that if we're gonna have save on the server side, it will be possible to do platinum on PS5, than jump into PS4 version and just autopop them? I know it's too early, but with the server side save, it should work like that? 

This is an interesting thing to think about. So far there is not a single shared PS5 trophy list, so GT7 will most certainly have two seperate ones. And yes, with the online saves autopopping trophies might indeed be a thing. I am not too familiar with autopopping trophies (only done it before once with GTA V) but if both versions of the game share the same save file then autopopping is inevitably going to be there, regardless of which way you're switching platforms. Or at least that's how it is in my mind.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, EstonianBeast said:

I dont think there's many games, if any, that autopop from Ps5->Ps4. It's likely the other way around, if it is an option.

Not true, both Outriders and Back 4 Blood auto pop from PS5 to PS4. And the saves for those are handled online like GT7 is set too. In other words, I think GT7 is very likely to auto pop from 5 to 4.

(Side note: I believe Destiny and Rainbow Six Siege retroactively auto pop too, though I can confirm as I played them both on 4 first.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I'm sure it's a very well made game and I'm glad there's a proper singleplayer campaign, but I personally still feel they're overcomplicating.

When there's too much junk to go through in the menus and between races, it starts feeling like work.

I think the menus look very user friendly and cleanly layed out. If this game feels like work i really cant wait to start the job in hand

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I'm sure it's a very well made game and I'm glad there's a proper singleplayer campaign, but I personally still feel they're overcomplicating.

When there's too much junk to go through in the menus and between races, it starts feeling like work.

isn't the campaign there to train gamers and have them get used to how to play/interact with the game? 
You sound very defeatist. Like a person that picks up a puzzle, opens it, then goes "damn, those are a lot of pieces. Best stop now." 

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You sound very defeatist. Like a person that picks up a puzzle, opens it, then goes "damn, those are a lot of pieces. Best stop now." 

Yeah, maybe a bit ? This days I have limited time and energy to put into games, so I tend to prefer straightforward experiences without many distractions.

Don’t get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative. I'm a long time fan of the series. My most treasured gaming moment is playing the OG Gran Turismo weeks before launch thanks to one of this bad boys:

gran-turismo-promo.jpg

I simply didn't care for the previous game and I'm still very cautious about being excited for this one.

But I truly hope this turns out to be a great game and a memorable entry in the series for all the right reasons.