PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

When i do buy a PS5 it will be the disc version. Really don't wont to limit myself just to digital only games. Like to have a choice between the two. Plus we all need to remember when we buy digital games we don't actually own them, Sony can remove them from your download list at any time they wont, like they just done with some PS3/Vita games.

D00M3D_UK_.png

• Like 1

I'll be buying the disc version, regardless of price. 

We presently use an X-Box One X to enable us to watch our steadily growing collection of 4K movies, with all gaming and Blu-rays split between PS3 and PS4. 

Assuming I've finished my PS3 backlog by the time it releases, the PS5 will enable us to consolidate everything into one console. 

Edited by SukkarPunch

Really depends on the price difference for me. I play mostly digital now due to lack of space to store physical games, and since I mostly play "older" games they're not too expensive during various sales. If disc is the same price, might as well get that just in case I do get access to physical games.

22 hours ago, Barbeqmeister said:

No, it won't look like a gamestop of you sell the games after you're done with them

That's not relevant to the entire collecting point though that a lot of people have brought up. I like keeping my games but I also don't like clutter, so digital is perfect for me.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Not that it can't happen, but what are some specific examples of Sony having done this with "some PS3/Vita games"?

Games produced by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe were removed from download lists on PS3 and Vita and were unable to be downloaded on those 2 platforms. This issue occurred sometime last week and was only fixed early this week. It affected all games and DLCs produced by SIEE for PS3 & Vita, which also included PS1 and PSP games.

This thread details it:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Games produced by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe were removed from download lists on PS3 and Vita and were unable to be downloaded on those 2 platforms. This issue occurred sometime last week and was only fixed early this week. It affected all games and DLCs produced by SIEE for PS3 & Vita, which also included PS1 and PSP games.

This thread details it:

I did see that thread. I thought there was a reference to intentional removal, not some weekend screw up that got resolved the next business day.

100% disc! I hate digital downloads that monopolize the market.....

I enjoy playing ebay for deals (in truth it's a problem for me lol ) I can't say no to a bargain and the shelf is getting full of unplayed stuff but at least I still have the option of re-selling!!!

Having said that though,  I also love the PS store for those dirt cheap indie games and the occasional bargain such as infamous dying light under £2.. I'm all for that!!! I like the option of digital

I've gathered from Xbox friends where the game pass (from what I understand) is more tempting and rewarding compared to the current PSNow.......and they love it...but as casual gamers....

BUT As a trophy hunter, which is why you're all here on this site and possibly reading this.......

When I trialed a month or so on Psnow a while back.... Personally, my experience was not having the commitment to a game to platinum it because there is probably something else out there on offer that i could quickly blast through and knock out a platinum but all I ended up with was a string of F / E / D / C ratings....because what does it matter.... there's no need to get this done and resold again.........

ahhhh whatever the train of thought is falling apart but you've got the jist and I'm sure u get it

BTW check the profile any shared games we have that need work - give me a shout, I'm about and I'm a pretty nice guy!!! HA HA #haha

• Like 2

There are 2 obvious reasons to get the disc version

1. Used games are generally cheaper than digital versions

2. Games that get delisted because of countless reasons (getting banned in countries like dying light in germany) or Developers losing rights to the game or music ingame like it was the case with most telltale games before they were brought back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going digital, for a couple reasons, id take any price discount right now coming out of a house move and wedding. As the disc version is looking more popular it will be easier to get an order in, and most importantly the fact digital is the future.

I have been even picking up ps3 games digital now, replacing my old collection, shame they are not all available but id rather worry about storage for a few disc only games then a whole collection 

It really depends on how the backwards compatibility works. Ideally I'd get the digital only version because it's cheaper but I also don't want to limit myself. It's so fun buying physical discs but I hate changing them out cuz I'm so lazy lol. 

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

with disc. I don't use digital games (except psplus). as soon as I end a game, I sell/trade it.

and also, I have a system with 2 friends that we never buy the same game (except when it's a favorite) so we can maximize our gaming experience.

all of this is not possible with digital copies.

• Like 1