Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Backlog Challenge

4 hours ago, StilRh said:

Got platinum 200! Chipping away at other games but no major progress.

Hide contents

13 Sentinels 34% > 41%
A Boy And His Blob 14%
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 32%
Cold Steel 2 7%
Desperados 3 0%
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood 100%
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek 0%
Erica 0%
Guacamelee 30%
Hollow Knight 100%
Kotodama: the 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa 34%
Overcooked 2 5%
Rabi Ribi 8%
Return of the Obra Dinn 100%
Town of light 100%
Uncharted: Golden Abyss 47% > 100%
Wasteland 3 35%

Congratulations on a pretty amazing milestone there @StilRh!

• Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, Xenoblast91 said:

Oktoberfest is around the corner… And also the cold days of fall, along with other festivities and events that may be by this awkward and unsecure year has been could change and give new opportunities to see what custom parties could offer. Anyway…

What’s up, everybody! My bi-weekly report has arrived and posting here always gives me fresh motivation to push forward. Believe me, I’ve felt kinda rushed by these events lately. I’m not super-efficient or effective as I would like to for playing games, and you have my deepest respect for that. People playing and finishing games in 2 days. Wow. I honestly can’t give me that luxury despite I give my best, always. And this leads me to my proper explanation of what I’ve doing lately. Firstly, Rocket League is a very fun game, one which can help to relax of other hard-stuff and gives you a brief moment of joy and peace. That one, as you know, for the F2P version hit the platforms last week, has become a quite interesting title. One of which I was waiting to play, as the trophies are basically earned by just playing the game. Nothing more or less. Few ones require to be boosted of course, but not very difficult neither impossible task considering that you can play anything and you suddenly will meet the requirements and *ding*, trophy is yours! Aside from needing a friend for a couple ones, the game is lit. This truly is something I’ll tackle at its own pace.

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered – 0%27a1.png100%
  2. GTA V – 0%27a1.png26%
  3. Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 – 0%27a1.png7%
  4. Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades – 0%
  5. Final Fantasy VII [OG] – 0%
  6. Lego Marvel’s Super Heroes 2 – 0%
  7. Psychonauts – 0%
  8. Doom Eternal – 0%
  9. Star Wars Battlefront II – 0%
  10. Cuphead – 0%

Swaps used - 1/5: 
       Assassin's Creed Origins
27a1.pngGTA V

But what began as a side project has become a main one. This staggers me a lot because I wasn’t expecting precisely this stuff to happen in the first place. One thing I do is to play blindly. I want the experience of playing the game with their surprises and cliffhangers, but GTA Online is plainly insane. Truly. Aside for the almost infinite stuff you can do, and the time sucking can become at moments, I’ve found that I must move from this game ASAP. Seriously. All those grievers, but also a huge and wholeheartedly community about helping each other makes one of the best balances and probably one of the things that can give me hope in humanity; at least a very little, makes me think how I'm going to hit my other games. All this, makes me use against my very own wishes, to summon a swap, a soul for a soul. Changing Assassin’s Creed Origins for the aberrant, yet very intense and fun at moments creature that Rockstar developed (at least within the next weeks until I can feel soft and ready to beat another colossal open-world game).

And then I realize something very inspiring. One of my favorite characters and probably the same for many of you, is going to have a “birthday” soon. Yeah, Naruto Uzumaki joins the fight! After many thoughts and despite I stated something different elsewhere, Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 will be next. A game that called my attention since the manga/anime finished, so as this year has become pretty strange in many aspects, this anime in particular reminds me a lot of what means to stand in front of pain and despair. So, even I have a bunch other in the list, I think this is the best, organic and natural decision to make at the time. But I just have 10 days to beat it. Well, time to remember the words of the blond show-off, number one unpredictable, noisy ninja! Therefore, I don’t have the minimum idea of how the following days will be. As stated above, this has become like a side-job at the moment and to handle all this mess is driving me insane. However, I hope to be able to beat it for sure in no time, and even the obstacles, the victor in the end.

As always, I wish you the best of the lucks and hope all you are enjoying this season! Happy hunting to y'all and see you soon with more and more progress! 1f600.png

For Battlefront II, reaching level 50 in multiplayer is a lot easier now because wednesday's are now worth triple xp and weekend's are double xp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

Update 5 - 10/4/2020

Hotshot Racing 24% 25%

Shadow Warrior 8% 31%

My first update with no platinums achieved. I didn't hit any of my other goals for the week either, and it's all thanks to Genshin Impact. It was the only thing I played from Monday up to Friday. I got to Adventure Rank 20 and was about to buy the Battle Pass when I deleted it from my PS4. I knew if I kept playing it that I would never have a chance of completing this challenge, or clearing out my backlog in general. So, Genshin had to go. Not because it was bad, but because it was too good. Unfortunately, I got one trophy from it right before I stopped playing so it's still going to taunt me from my trophy list for awhile.

I got back on track with Shadow Warrior on Friday and knocked out some of the grindy combat trophies in Chapter 2. Now I'm ready to continue the full playthrough and partial NG+ run to max everything out. Then I've got Wednesday set aside for the Heroic Mode run.

The two gold trophies in Hotshot Racing are still bugged, but I'm not swapping it just yet. Picked up one more bronze, but still no luck finding online races.

Week 6 plans

-Finish Shadow Warrior

-Start and complete Resident Evil HD

-Get back on the Avengers grind, I want to have the plat done by the end of October.

Here's to a better week ahead!

Full list

Reveal hidden contents

Alphadia Genesis  :platinum:
Avengers 64%
Batman Arkham Knight 2%
Bloodborne 12%
Control 0%
The Deadly Tower of Monsters :platinum: 
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered 5%
Final Fantasy XV Pocket HD :platinum: 
Hotshot Racing 25%
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON 8%
Nobunaga'a Ambition Sphere of Influence 1%
Resident Evil HD 3%
Resident Evil 2 Remake 12%
Secret of Mana :platinum: 
Sekiro 4%
Shadow Warrior 31%
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove 24%
Titanfall 2 4%
Transformers Devastation 10%
Yakuza: Like a Dragon 0%

Is Shadow Warrior compareable to the resent trend of modern retro shooters? 

Like Doom(2016), Wolfenstin New Order, etc.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:47 AM, dylansko said:

Update #6 

Spent a huge chunk of 5 days going after the 100% for Siren and I'm going to say something that might be blasphemous... I think I enjoyed it more than Silent Hill 2 or 3... Granted, I haven't played much of the HD collection versions at all but the combat felt a lot better and using the rifle with Akira was super fun and added a nice moment of power after getting absolutely demolished for most of the game. Not to mention, the over-the-shoulder camera just plays a lot better than the fixed angle. The story I found really fascinating and the elements of Japanese folklore had me excited to find the next tidbit of information for what the hell is happening in Hanuda. the atmosphere and animation were perfect for the tone they were going for. Very freaky environment and with losing your archive items and secondary objectives if you die, I actually felt a lot of tension anytime I was in a precarious predicament.

Highly recommended and one of my favorite horror experiences I've played in a long, long time. This one is going in the trophy cabinet and it's a crying SHAME it doesn't have a platinum. There are so many awesome miscellaneous trophies and trophies for seeing different characters endings they could have done. Trophy for breaking the piggy bank with the frozen towel? C'mon Sony, this is amateur!

@dylansko is this a remake? I played Siren on PS2, or was it PS1, cannot remember. Great experience!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@dylansko is this a remake? I played Siren on PS2, or was it PS1, cannot remember. Great experience!

Not a remake! Same game as the PS2 version but ported to the PS4 in very nice looking HD. Kind of sucks it's only available as a digital download because this is a game I'd love to have a physical copy of

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA02198_00-SCUS973550000001

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Is Shadow Warrior compareable to the resent trend of modern retro shooters? 

Like Doom(2016), Wolfenstin New Order, etc.

It's in that style yeah, but a little more clunky. You have to press R3 to aim down sights, and the powers require you to double tap a direction or swipe the touchpad to use. Either one is kind of tricky to pull off while avoiding demons. The melee feels inconsistent, but I haven't unlocked most of the powers and upgrades yet so hopefully it gets better.

The movement and dashing feel good though, and I like scouring the levels looking for money and secrets. I'm using a guide for the secrets just to make it go faster, but it's still fun to search. It's not bad overall, but it does feel very "early gen" after playing the Dooms and Wolfensteins. 

Edited by Static_Rook
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Yep. Ever since they called an end to content updates, its whats been happening.

Levelling on Wednesdays using Co-Op or HvsV, you can get from 30-50 in a day if you really grind hard.

Wow. That's awesome. Might have to jump back in it every once in awhile to get it done. Thanks for the info.

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 2