Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

Clan Belmont. 

I’ve got several that I’ll work on. 

Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear - could apply to several with the different monsters, others seem to have vampires planned already but elemental, devil and several other monster types are applicable. I’m away from home right now so don’t have access to my PS4 so this will be a later play anyway so we can see what to apply it to

The Wolf Among Us - covers Cryptids as a provided example, again it wouldn’t be started for at least a week

Some Vita titles I have with me I can work on this week

Asdivine Hearts II - RPG with lots of monster types that we can see what it fits to that’s best for us

LEGO Lord of the Rings - probably best for goblinoids, maybe others

LEGO Ninjago Nindroids - expect robots will work here, maybe others but I’ll know more once I play

LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 - Wizards obviously but maybe others

Can work other stuff if I need to, we can address specific needs as we move forward with what people have available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TKKOT said:

@Herr Hieb i was thinking about doing Blue Reflection but didn't know what the final boss would be classified as. Any input?

It's been a while since I finished Blue Reflection, but I think that was supposed to be a god.

3 hours ago, dark_moon689 said:

I have a few games I have in mind that could be used for different bounties, could I match the game to a bounty after I finish it? Or do I have to state what is for beforehand?.

You can decide after. My first game is going to be Vampyr and I'm not sure what even is in there. So I will finish it and decide which bounty it's for. 

16 minutes ago, Herr Hieb said:

You can decide after. My first game is going to be Vampyr and I'm not sure what even is in there. So I will finish it and decide which bounty it's for. 

Got it, my first game will probably be the Witcher 3 to make it my 50th platinum, and there's a lot of different things there so I rather be able to choose afterwards.

Clan Belmont the crossed out monsters are covered. (Sorry I'm visual)

Biblical Monsters

o   Heavenly Creature (Angel, Astral, Celestial, Lovecraftian)

§  Control - SpaceCoresDad

o   Infernal Creature (Demon, Hellspawn, Imp, Hellhound)

§  Doom, Devil May Cry

o   Gods (Cthulu, Zeus, Osiris, Ganesha, Thor)

§  Blasphemous - SpaceCoresDad

·         Created Monsters

o   Human-like (Scarecrow. Frankenstein’s Monster, Possessed Doll)

§  Layers of Fear - AmarisSkye

o   Object-like (Mimics, Flying Books, Food)

§  Prey - AmarisSkye

o   Abomination (Everything else)

·         Sci-fi Monsters

o   Extraterrestrial (Xenomorph, gray man,)

§   Another World - Cassylvania

o   Robot /Android

§  LEGO Ninjago – Kevvik or Iconoclasts - Cassyvania

o   Giant Insects

§  Earth Defense Force, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Borderlands

o   Mutant

§  Metro – Gumby114

·         Undead Monsters

o   Zombie

§  The Last of Us - AmarisSkye

o   Skeleton

§  Dark Souls, Undertale, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

o   Vampire

§   Castlevania - SpaceCoresDad

o   Mummy

§  Strange Brigade, The Mummy Demastered, Chasm, AC Origins

·         Incorporeal Monsters

o   Specter (Ghost, Banshee, Wraith, Poltergeist)

§  Yomawari – SpaceCoresDad

o   Elementals (Wind, Water, Earth, Fire)

§  Atelier Lydie & Suelle - Cassylvania

·         Mythological Monsters

o   Goblinoids (Goblin, Orc, Ogre, Trolls)

§  LEGO Lord of The Rings - Kevvik

o   Hybrid Animals (Dragon, Manticore, Hippogriff, Chimera)

§  The Witcher 3,Dragon's Dogma

o   Hybrid Humans (Minotaur, Werewolf, Mermaid, Centaur)

§  The Order 1886, AC Odyssey, Thronebreaker

o   Cryptid and Folklore (Sasquatch, Yeti, Moth Man, Wendigo)

§  The Wolf Among Us - Kevvik

·         Beasts

o   Aquatic (Kraken, Sea Serpent, Shark)

§  Subnautica, Maneater, Yooka Laylee

o   Giant Animals (King Kong, Dinosaur,  Mammoth)

§  Shadow of War – Gumby114

o   Swarms (Bees, Rats, Ants, Beetles, Bats)

§  A Plague Tale: Innocence, Resident Evil 7, Cuphead, Hollow Knight

·         Evil Humans

o   Magic User (Witch, Warlock, Wizard, Genie)

§  LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 - Kevvik

o   Psycho (Insane Person, Cult Member, Serial Killer)

§  Borderlands 3 - AmarisSkye

Can fit different categories

Dark Cloud – Gumby114

Baldur’s Gate – Kevvik

Asdivine Hearts 2 – Kevvik

MediEvil – SpaceCoresDad

Castlevania: HoD – Cassylvania

To be assigned

Bound by Flame

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Last of Us Remastered

Layers of Fear

Prey

Edited by Gumby114
Updated based on reply
  • Like 2

Thanks, @Gumby114. I was keeping track on a piece of paper, but your idea is better. ?

Based on the examples, we can assign @AmarisSkye the following: Zombie (TLOU), Human-like (Layers of Fear), and Object-like (Prey). I won't be using Castlevania: HoD for this event, but I'd like to take Extraterrestrial from you and Robot from @Kevvik, if you guys don't mind. I already planned on doing those two games for the other event. If the games fit better somewhere else, we can move them. They're just the games I'm stuck playing for now.

I just started Atelier Lydie & Suelle last night. It's a 50+ hour game, so I feel it should still count for this event. Elementals is probably the best fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Thanks, @Gumby114. I was keeping track on a piece of paper, but your idea is better. 1f602.png

Based on the examples, we can assign @AmarisSkye the following: Zombie (TLOU), Human-like (Layers of Fear), and Object-like (Prey). I won't be using Castlevania: HoD for this event, but I'd like to take Extraterrestrial from you and Robot from @Kevvik, if you guys don't mind. I already planned on doing those two games for the other event. If the games fit better somewhere else, we can move them. They're just the games I'm stuck playing for now.

I just started Atelier Lydie & Suelle last night. It's a 50+ hour game, so I feel it should still count for this event. Elementals is probably the best fit.

I don’t have an issue with it. I’m just throwing out options I have readily at hand (away from home for a week with a Vita and an iPad). A lot of the games I play may have multiple event options. I’m also on board if I have to try to look through stuff for other choices.  I’ve got Tomb Raider Anniversary sitting there for the past year waiting for me to get around to finishing the time trials. The centaurs could work for the hybrid human if needed. If I need to play something different, no problem. I’ve just had a hard time staying focused on really long games lately, even when I’m really enjoying them (Ghost of Tsushima). I end up fading off gaming completely for a while when I play the same game for too long and not finishing anything. The ones I’ve put out there are ones I think I can stick through but they aren’t the only things I can work on.  All I need is a bit of direction?(but don’t we all, really?).

I’ll work on the ones that have gone to me on the list that @Gumby114 has put together for us and then we can look at starting to patch holes as needed after that. I also have to do a #8 game for the Gaming by Numbers Event before the 15th to finish that up once I’m home as I don’t have a readily available Vita game for it but I’m sure I can find an Artifex Mundi game for that.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to this and I think we’ve got a solid start planned. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

@Cassylvania updated. 

@Herr Hieb I have LEGO HP 1-4 unplayed for years. Would I be able to count that as giant insects as you fight aragog? To add more info - I would be playing from the beginning as I encountered the Clock Tower Golden Brick Glitch. 

Yeah any past games were allowed to be finished. The rules about staging games just apply to August after the event was announced. And Aragog definitely counts as a giant insect!

Okay I’m gonna get the bounties started off!

Today I am reporting that I filled 2 bounties for The Claymores

Afterparty - 100% completion marks off the Gods bounty for my team. (In the game you defeat satan in a drinking contest to escape hell)

Horizon Zero Dawn - 100% completion marks off Robots/androids bounty for my team (I had been at 97% completion for almost three years and finally went back and got those last two trophies for the frozen wilds dlc.)

Edited by Kittykat-san

28 minutes ago, Kittykat-san said:

Okay I’m gonna get the bounties started off!

Today I am reporting that I filled 2 bounties for The Claymores

Afterparty - 100% completion marks off the Gods bounty for my team. (In the game you defeat satan in a drinking contest to escape hell)

Horizon Zero Dawn - 100% completion marks off Robots/androids bounty for my team (I had been at 97% completion for almost three years and finally went back and got those last two trophies for the frozen wilds dlc.)

I hate to be that person but I'd like to dispute Horizon Zero Dawn.  Whilst it wasn't really prepared during August, the two trophies you had left for the DLC were really easy trophies that would take less than an hour to do, maybe it's just me but I feel for the spirit of the event a good portion of the game should need to be played.

Obviously will leave the final decision on that up to @Herr Hieb and the Van Helsing alliance but I wanted to raise it out of fairness to other hunters.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I hate to be that person but I'd like to dispute Horizon Zero Dawn.  Whilst it wasn't really prepared during August, the two trophies you had left for the DLC were really easy trophies that would take less than an hour to do, maybe it's just me but I feel for the spirit of the event a good portion of the game should need to be played.

Obviously will leave the final decision on that up to @Herr Hieb and the Van Helsing alliance but I wanted to raise it out of fairness to other hunters.

I see your point about it not seeming very fair, but, unfortunately, I don't think there is room for a dispute since I specifically called out this situation out as something allowed in the initial posting where I talked about not working on games in August. 

"If you just so happen to have a game that's almost done but you abandoned before August, you just got lucky and now is a great time to complete it."

If you still feel this is a problem please send me a direct message and I'll get the VHA members to vote on having an amendment to the rules, if that happens, I would likely have a second vote about grandfathering this one in and just blocking future bounties. 

• Like 1

If there is a issue I would be perfectly fine completing a different game for the bounty. I read the rules and felt it was fine because I had put a considerable time (as of when I got the last trophy I was at 110 hours) into the game before moving on and I just happened to get lucky that it would fit a category and it was almost done. I rather not have this cause any problems with the event just starting.

• Like 1

I appreciate that @Kittykat-san however, I want to see where other people end up. When some other teams turn in some quick bounties, it might seem like a wash and therefore relatively fair. Almost everyone has something in their backlog they could knock out in a few more hours, if they really wanted to. 

For me, it was a matter of where to draw the line in the sand. I didn't want to require everyone to start new games, that is a hard pass. I absolutely didn't want to do that. So the question was, "How much do I require people do in the contest?" Ultimately, I thought that trophies remaining, is a poor way to tell how much time was invested. So I discouraged staging things in August after people were aware of the event, and thought that a player with things in the backlog could have some extra motivation to go back and finish something off and I'm okay with that. No matter what I decided someone would think something is unfair. So I thought I could live with this one. But if someone strongly feels this is a bad decision, I'm willing to hear them out which is why I told @Mesopithecus to DM me if they still had a problem. 

Oh as a note, I will post the bounty score cards on the weekend. So that is when you'll see your progress as a team. 

Edited by Herr Hieb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kittykat-san said:

I don't really mind Horizon, credit where credit's due, but wouldn't Afterparty be more Infernal Creatures rather than Gods? I mean... you're in Hell. Satan is a demon. Every other character in the game is a demon. I guess you could make the argument that he used to be an angel, but he's pretty demonic in appearance in the games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I don't really mind Horizon, credit where credit's due, but wouldn't Afterparty be more Infernal Creatures rather than Gods? I mean... you're in Hell. Satan is a demon. Every other character in the game is a demon. I guess you could make the argument that he used to be an angel, but he's pretty demonic in appearance in the games.

My argument on this one is simple. Satan is considered a deity or god in certain religions mainly satanism thus he would be considered a god.

• Like 1

What about the teams that aren't full.

The rules said those teams will get a modified version of the bounty list with an average of 5 bounties per person.

Since it is supposed to be random I cant't really start, not that I would have started yet since I have some other events I need to finish first.

It could be important for the other teams thouh.

@Herr Hieb

Edited by MarkusT1992

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

What about the teams that aren't full.

The rules said those teams will get a modified version of the bounty list with an average of 5 bounties per person.

Since it is supposed to be random I cant't really start, not that I would have started yet since I have some other events I need to finish first.

It could be important for the other teams thouh.

@Herr Hieb

I am going to do that lottery on the 15th when sign-ups officially close. If I interfere with a bounty someone is actively working on, I will make an adjustment, if they let me know.